PDA

View Full Version : Okay, about Ralfie and Obi-Juan's tete a tete

TrueBrit
05-30-04, 12:02 PM
..I'm as enthusiastic a Chin Jr-basher as the next guy, but it seems to me that BOTH Williams guys got caught out by Bendoverchello's early braking for T-1....

Thoughts?

JT265
05-30-04, 12:06 PM
Yeah!!!!! THAT'S the ticket!!! :D

Methanolandbrats
05-30-04, 03:00 PM
..I'm as enthusiastic a Chin Jr-basher as the next guy, but it seems to me that BOTH Williams guys got caught out by Bendoverchello's early braking for T-1....

Thoughts? It was caused by that retard Montoya outbraking himself again and spearing his team mate. Seems when your wheels are cranked to the right and you continue to go straight, you may have carried a tad too much speed into the corner.

Dirty Sanchez
05-30-04, 03:01 PM
No doubt. JPM blew it. :thumdown:

Insomniac
05-30-04, 03:27 PM
Who was on Montoya's right? It seems like that guy kind of threw himself in there and gave him nowhere to go. I felt bad for da Matta. Will he be back in ChampCar or the IRL next year?

TrueBrit
05-30-04, 03:36 PM
It was caused by that retard Montoya outbraking himself again and spearing his team mate. Seems when your wheels are cranked to the right and you continue to go straight, you may have carried a tad too much speed into the corner.

Hmmm and the reason Obi-Juan was hard on the binders didn't have anything to do with a bright red Milk-Float braking at the county line in front of him right?

Ed_Severson
05-30-04, 04:29 PM
Montoya says Panis hit him.

"When I made it to the first corner Rubens Barrichello, who was in front of me, braked quite early and both Ralf and I locked the tyres. Then Ralf went for the outside and I stayed behind Rubens but when I was going around the corner Panis dived up the inside hitting my front tyre which threw me straight into Ralf."

ilferrari
05-30-04, 04:44 PM
Hmm, didn't notice that on the replays at the time...

http://f1.tottoro.hu/2004/07_europe/01_montoya.jpg Video (http://f1.tottoro.hu/2004/07_europe/01_montoya.avi)

Dr. Corkski
05-30-04, 05:26 PM
Watching the video again Woobens braked normally following that Renault in front of him. The video clearly showed that Panis was nowhere near the front tires of Puffy either. But then again since it's Ralfi he hit I am sure people will eventually come to the conclusion that it was Ralfi's fault for daring to pass the Next Senna.

Maybe Puffy was just trying to impress Haug by showing that next year he can take out both Mercs before they self-destruct.

Anteater
05-30-04, 07:42 PM
I felt bad for da Matta. Will he be back in ChampCar or the IRL next year?

Da Matta didn't need that bit of bad luck. I wonder where he'll be next year as well, but I'm not betting on the IRL (unless they get rid of the ovals).

Ankf00
05-30-04, 08:41 PM
Watching the video again Woobens braked normally following that Renault in front of him. The video clearly showed that Panis was nowhere near the front tires of Puffy either. But then again since it's Ralfi he hit I am sure people will eventually come to the conclusion that it was Ralfi's fault for daring to pass the Next Senna.

Maybe Puffy was just trying to impress Haug by showing that next year he can take out both Mercs before they self-destruct.

aw corkie's hero, ralfi, got knocked out, po' corkie :(

Insomniac
05-30-04, 10:55 PM
Da Matta didn't need that bit of bad luck. I wonder where he'll be next year as well, but I'm not betting on the IRL (unless they get rid of the ovals).

I never would've thought about him in the IRL, but after seeing all these guys who I thought were there and didn't want to be go back, nothing surprises me much anymore. I guess money really does talk.

JT265
05-30-04, 11:02 PM
aw corkie's hero, ralfi, got knocked out, po' corkie :(

Somebody needs to love frauRalf. May as well be the commiedoc as anyone. ;)

tomahawk
05-31-04, 07:40 AM
I'm as much of a Zorro fan as the next guy but it seemed to me that he got caught out by the accordion effect of turn one...not the kind of mistake one would expect from an F1 veteran...me thinks he's trying too hard is a car that is offpace.

I'll have to watch to replay to evaluate the Panis claim...

:tomahawk

indyfan31
06-01-04, 01:49 AM
Hmmm and the reason Obi-Juan was hard on the binders didn't have anything to do with a bright red Milk-Float braking at the county line in front of him right?

Absolutely right. Seems like Monty misjudged the braking and blew it, unless the fact that a Ferrari was in the same country at the same time changes the laws of physics.
He's made similar mistakes in the past when he's frustrated and this is no different.

Steve99
06-01-04, 02:11 PM
Seemed that Rubens came nearly to a stop in the middle of the track. What was up with that? Bottle up the field so MS can get a big lead?

ilferrari
06-01-04, 05:34 PM
Seemed that Rubens came nearly to a stop in the middle of the track. What was up with that? Bottle up the field so MS can get a big lead?

If Bendover braked later he would have hit the car in front. This kind of effect happens on a tight corner on the first lap. Montoya just screwed up.

RichK
06-01-04, 05:59 PM
Montoya blew it, IMO. Ralfie's a tool anyway.