PDA

View Full Version : 400,000 - HA!

Mike Kellner
05-30-04, 11:36 AM
I just heard ABC repeat the 400K lie. They are drinking as much Koolaid as anyone. 257K-80K = 177K

I is just great that it is raining. Screw Tony. Screw ABC. I hope it rains again tomorrow as well.

mk

Imagine there's no Indy, it's easy if you try.

Insomniac
05-30-04, 01:38 PM
I just heard ABC repeat the 400K lie. They are drinking as much Koolaid as anyone. 257K-80K = 177K

I is just great that it is raining. Screw Tony. Screw ABC. I hope it rains again tomorrow as well.

mk

Hehe, even after the Indy Star counted about 275k seats. :)

nissan gtp
05-30-04, 02:26 PM
looks to be quite a few open seats, esp down low in the crapwagon landing zone.

Mike Kellner
05-30-04, 02:28 PM
"looks to be quite a few open seats, esp down low in the crapwagon landing zone."

Would you really want to sit in the souvenir zone?

mk

Jag_Warrior
05-31-04, 01:48 AM

mk

177K for Indy?

Lowe's usually gets about 180K+ for the Sunday 'neck fest. So, does this mean...? :eek:

Hmm, how the mighty do fall.

4wheeldrifter
06-01-04, 08:16 AM
I think the 400k lie is permanently burned into their synapses.

[in "Gregorian Chant" voice] Four-hundred K,,,, four-hundred K,,,, four-hundred K........ :shakehead

Madmaxfan2
06-01-04, 08:39 AM
ABC ( A bad company) forgets there is the internet in which even local fish wraps can get thier stories out world wide. You know, facts like only 267,000 plus seats instead of 400,000. I did see quite of few empty seats in the backstrech and turn three area before the rain delay. It might be possible that the Coca-Cola 600 will outdraw Indy in the nest few years. Who would have thought?

Brickman
06-01-04, 10:40 AM
I was wrong when I thought the high selection of seats at IMS's web site meant that there were going to be lots & lots of open seats. I wasn't in the cheap seats and there were no empties near me, but scanning turn 1 and 2 from B Penthouse I was surprised that there were no pockets of empties, I'm not saying that there weren't empties, I just didn't see them in looking at the south vistas. They did have them in the pit road terrace.

Steve99
06-01-04, 10:54 AM
The had some helicopter shots during the first part of the race. The turn 3 grandstands were only about half full, and the stands along the north chute had a lot of empties also. Elsewhere around the track it looked like people were spread out evenly, so there were no big gaps.

Mike Kellner
06-01-04, 10:55 AM
"I was wrong when I thought the high selection of seats at IMS's web site meant that there were going to be lots & lots of open seats. I wasn't in the cheap seats and there were no empties near me, but scanning turn 1 and 2 from B Penthouse I was surprised that there were no pockets of empties, I'm not saying that there weren't empties, I just didn't see them in looking at the south vistas. They did have them in the pit road terrace."

Spoken like the true Koolaid slurpin' Lemming Tony George apologist that we all know you to be. On TV it was obvious that there were huge holes.

Go tell your buddies at T*** Forum that one, they will love it.

mk

Brickman
06-01-04, 11:01 AM
"I was wrong when I thought the high selection of seats at IMS's web site meant that there were going to be lots & lots of open seats. I wasn't in the cheap seats and there were no empties near me, but scanning turn 1 and 2 from B Penthouse I was surprised that there were no pockets of empties, I'm not saying that there weren't empties, I just didn't see them in looking at the south vistas. They did have them in the pit road terrace."

Spoken like the true Koolaid slurpin' Lemming Tony George apologist that we all know you to be. On TV it was obvious that there were huge holes.

Go tell your buddies at T*** Forum that one, they will love it.

mk

No spoken honestly from the view from my seat. I didn't watch the TV from home, but seeing that you did again under the guise of "know your enemy" I won't dismiss your opinion of what you saw.

Insomniac
06-01-04, 01:21 PM
No spoken honestly from the view from my seat. I didn't watch the TV from home, but seeing that you did again under the guise of "know your enemy" I won't dismiss your opinion of what you saw.

:)

Napoleon
06-01-04, 01:31 PM
Some stands were only 10% or less full. There were some big time gaps.

EVL29
06-01-04, 01:40 PM
Are not most of the seats at Indy just bleacher style seating?

If a row has 80 "seats" and only 70 people show up,as likely as not the 70 people are just going to spread out a bit.

Especially if they have Wilke-sized 36" asses. :gomer: