2. Takuma Sato Japan BAR-Honda 1min 28.986secs +0.635secs
3. Jarno Trulli Italy Renault-Renault 1min 29.135secs +0.784secs
4. Kimi Raikkonen Finland McLaren-Mercedes 1min 29.137secs +0.786secs

Cam
05-29-04, 09:22 PM
The start tomorrow will be very interesting! :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
05-29-04, 10:18 PM
The start tomorrow will be very interesting! :thumbup: I hope that Sato does'nt come to the grid with a rising sun bandana and an empty sake glass.

anait
05-29-04, 10:31 PM
I hope that Sato does'nt come to the grid with a rising sun bandana and an empty sake glass.

:eek: :rofl:

Railbird
05-29-04, 11:29 PM
that's kinda how I was hoping he would come to the line.

I'm interested in where Trulli's "launch system" will put him at turn 1.

JT265
05-30-04, 12:19 AM
Should be fun. I hope Takuma left the Jacque$$$-spec Honda back at the shop.

Clown
05-30-04, 03:18 AM
I hope Schui pulls his swerve across the track move... and finds out Taku's not gonna budge :D

Dirty Sanchez
05-30-04, 04:30 AM
Konichiwa, bitches http://66.137.219.241/public_html/YaBBImages/smilies/chinese.gif

Hink
05-30-04, 05:52 AM
I hope Schui pulls his swerve across the track move... and finds out Taku's not gonna budge :D

Since last week it's finally proven that Shuing Shu in fair weather is legal after all.

It must suck when you get a taste of your own medicine - doesn't it Buttmacher?

Insomniac
05-30-04, 11:15 AM
Banzai is right! ;)

Clown
05-30-04, 02:08 PM
Atleast he actually trys to pass :)
Thats more than the rest of them do....

nissan gtp
05-30-04, 02:19 PM
I likes Sato's move... darn near pulled it off too. Kid is good, and is willing to actually try to do stuff :thumbup:

Clown
05-30-04, 02:27 PM
What about the move at the start!
From miles back - passes 2 cars :)

Dirty Sanchez
05-30-04, 02:47 PM
Sato was like this in the car today :thumbup:

http://81.92.171.129/images/items/3704g1.jpg

Insomniac
05-30-04, 03:24 PM
I likes Sato's move... darn near pulled it off too. Kid is good, and is willing to actually try to do stuff :thumbup:

It was a bad move. He didn't even get his nose past the middle of Rubens' car. It was too aggressive and desperate for 14 laps remaining.

Now Button's move around DC in turn 1. That was a real good move and a great pass.

oddlycalm
05-30-04, 04:58 PM
It was a bad move. He didn't even get his nose past the middle of Rubens' car. It was too aggressive and desperate for 14 laps remaining.

Now Button's move around DC in turn 1. That was a real good move and a great pass.

Yup, Sato had plenty of time too either force a mistake or line up a better overtaking opportunity. Hopefully, he'll learn. Button drove a solid race and got a well deserved podium.

oc

Dr. Corkski
05-30-04, 05:28 PM
It was definitely a bad move of Puffy's caliber. He couldn't get alongside until Woobens started turning in so that move was never going to pan out.

But at least he lost his front wing trying to pass a red Italian car instead of the black ones.

tomahawk
05-31-04, 07:51 AM

I agree with both observations...

I like Sato and hope he does well but...he is over the top aggressive right now, exercising bad judgment and not earning respect. He had a lot of time to try to pick off Rubens...his turn one move was ill-advised...even his start at Monaco shoving Michael aside (I know...Michael had it coming and believe me, no one was happier than I to see it!).

Now that he has a fast car, he is that much more dangerous. I just hope that he does hurt anyone badly before he matures...

Button, on the other hand, continues to show his class...taking measured risks but bringing the car home...fifth podium of the year...he may even convert Eddie Irvine into a fan!

:tomahawk

RTKar
05-31-04, 08:07 AM
I'd rather see a young driver a bit more aggressive than need be versus too timid. Hopefully, with good coaching he'll learn, the aggressiveness can be toned down and he scores consistent results with a style that's aggressive only when need be.... How many good drivers were considered too aggressive in their first couple years? For a young driver, Sato looks to be a pretty good shoe.

Insomniac
05-31-04, 08:56 AM
Aggresive does not mean promise and stupidity. I think Button was aggressive and he drove smart. He passed guys and took what he could. He was not overzealous in trying to gain position. I hope Sato learns that fast. He potentially cost his team 6 or 8 points.

4wheeldrifter
06-01-04, 07:42 AM
In the end, perhaps it didn't matter. Another mosquito fogging for Sato-san. Perhaps someone at BAR needs to call someone at the *RL for advice on setting hard rev limits. F@rting BAR Honduh's by USGP?