PDA

View Full Version : Cat Fight! ;)

Insomniac
05-29-04, 01:08 PM
If Bobby Rahal has his way, Fisher may even lose her distinction as the only IRL woman in 2005. Danica Patrick, currently driving in Toyota Atlantic, will be promoted to Rahal Letterman Racing if sponsorship can be secured.

Patrick already has made a splash by doing a racy photo shoot for FHM, a men's magazine. During an appearance at Indy this week, she also took a shot at Fisher's lack of success and implied that it's stymied opportunities for other female racers.

"She's done some good things, but then there are some bad things,'' Patrick said. "Like, she struggles, I think, with the racing part of it.''

Fisher responded with a few obscenities and a challenge: "I'd like her to get in that ... car and see what she can do.''

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/indy2004/news/story?id=1811717

Pretty funny. Looks like the poster girl is getting fed up over there.

racer2c
05-29-04, 01:14 PM
Que Sarah, Sarah.

RaceGrrl
05-29-04, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I guess Sarah doesn't care for Danica's weight advantage.

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 02:10 PM
Isn't there a way that Danica could prove how much better she is than Sarah without losing her to the IRL? :confused:

pchall
05-29-04, 02:15 PM
Isn't there a way that Danica could prove how much better she is than Sarah without losing her to the IRL? :confused:

Win in Atlantics, where DNFisher was too 'good' to go to learn her craft in a winged rear-engined single-seater.

FTG
05-29-04, 02:18 PM

Strip.

Rogue Leader
05-29-04, 02:37 PM
Well if the IRL thing happens for Danica which it probably will, I have no doubt she will slap Sarah all over the track as Sarah is no more than a 5 year old publicity stunt gone wrong. Id prefer to see her in Champ Car, but seeing a road racer female bitch slap IRLs "female star" and "most popular driver" is worth it...

oddlycalm
05-29-04, 04:49 PM
"Like, she struggles, I think, with the racing part of it.''

:rofl: :thumbup:

RTKar
05-29-04, 06:28 PM
I'd guess Danica getting a ride, about guarantees Sarah having a full time ride next year too. :rolleyes:

Warlock!
05-29-04, 08:26 PM
Strip.
ROTFLMMFFAO!!!

:D :rofl: :D

Warlock!

Insomniac
05-29-04, 09:10 PM
I'd guess Danica getting a ride, about guarantees Sarah having a full time ride next year too. :rolleyes:

How so?

fourrunner
05-29-04, 09:10 PM
Strip.

Can we throw Bologna at her & spank her with a Fish?? Please ... Please !! ;)

RTKar
05-29-04, 09:43 PM
How so?

Think of the promotional opportunities...the "good girl", Sarah versus the dark haired bad ex-CART girl...I'd bet that tg see's to it that Sarah get's a ride. Two young women in the series is too big an opportunity for tg to pass up.

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 09:50 PM

I don't see that happening. Why bother with Sarah Plain and Short when Danica is going to be the new sensation. IMO having two female drivers as rivals to each other (especially if they are mid-pack rivals) would turn off the female viewers from watching because of the whole catfight element, and the guy would watch for Danica anyway. ;)

Jag_Warrior
05-29-04, 09:51 PM
Think of the promotional opportunities...the "good girl", Sarah versus the dark haired bad ex-CART girl...I'd bet that tg see's to it that Sarah get's a ride. Two young women in the series is too big an opportunity for tg to pass up.

That's what I'm thinking. Right now, people struggle to find a single reason to tune in or attend even ONE IRL race. If these two get going, someone might notice. Danica might give the IRL what it needs most: males 18-34. And then throw in the teen girls searching for a role model (that doesn't go oink ). :shakehead

pineapple
05-29-04, 09:59 PM
There are possible promotional opportunities there, remember the 2 women in Indy (Fisher & St James) a few years back.

Where it could all go south on them is if either one of them causes a wreck in which other drivers are hurt or have a win/championship jeopardized. Even worse to consider is if one of them is seriously injured or worse. If you thought you heard an uproar about the dangers of open wheel racing after Brack and Renna, try to imagine the firestorm if it's Fisher or Patrick.

anait
05-29-04, 10:38 PM
I don't see that happening. Why bother with Sarah Plain and Short when Danica is going to be the new sensation. IMO having two female drivers as rivals to each other (especially if they are mid-pack rivals) would turn off the female viewers from watching because of the whole catfight element, and the guy would watch for Danica anyway. ;)

Yeah. If I watched the IRL, I wouldn't be interested in seeing that kind of 'rivalry'. :shakehead Blech.

It would be different, I think, if there were two evenly matched female drivers competing as any other drivers would. No name calling, no manufactured snarkiness.

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 10:46 PM
There are possible promotional opportunities there, remember the 2 women in Indy (Fisher & St James) a few years back.

Where it could all go south on them is if either one of them causes a wreck in which other drivers are hurt or have a win/championship jeopardized. Even worse to consider is if one of them is seriously injured or worse. If you thought you heard an uproar about the dangers of open wheel racing after Brack and Renna, try to imagine the firestorm if it's Fisher or Patrick.

I'd like to see the proof that Danica is an unqualified racer. Female or not, theres not much to argue against her being in Champ Car or IRL. More qualified racers out there? Obviously, yes, but I dont think she has done anything that would make your above scenario play out.

fourrunner
05-29-04, 10:59 PM
Did OC partner with Trackforum ??

Great promtional Idea's for the IRL??

I'm gonna puke!!!

Snap out of it!!

Methanolandbrats
05-29-04, 11:00 PM
Danica should just kick Sarah in the nuts.

racer2c
05-29-04, 11:02 PM
I'd like to see the proof that Danica is an unqualified racer. Female or not, theres not much to argue against her being in Champ Car or IRL. More qualified racers out there? Obviously, yes, but I dont think she has done anything that would make your above scenario play out.

How much testing has she been through with either car (Champ or Crap)?

I think Danica is out of line saying what she did actually, having never taken the green flag of a major league open wheel race.

RTKar
05-29-04, 11:02 PM
Yeah. If I watched the IRL, I wouldn't be interested in seeing that kind of 'rivalry'. :shakehead Blech.

It would be different, I think, if there were two evenly matched female drivers competing as any other drivers would. No name calling, no manufactured snarkiness.

That's what the irl is all about. :thumdown:

fourrunner
05-29-04, 11:03 PM
Danica should just kick Sarah in the nuts.

Thats better !!

And anybody... anybody should kick Helio in his whatever he has!! :eek:

Railbird
05-29-04, 11:26 PM
Can we throw Bologna at her & spank her with a Fish?? Please ... Please !!

Now you're workin in my wheelhouse 'runner.

Hell, throw in a little latex and I'll plan a vacation around it.

btw, which kind of fish is your favorite?

Being a hoosier I'm somewhat partial to Bass but the last time I was in a boom-boom room up in Wisconsin they were swinging Sturgeon to good effect.

Garlic Bologna of course?

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 11:39 PM

I'm gonna puke!!!

Snap out of it!!

Hey, you are guilty too, "Mr. Can we throw Bologna at her & spank her with a Fish??"

:D

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 11:41 PM
How much testing has she been through with either car (Champ or Crap)?

I think Danica is out of line saying what she did actually, having never taken the green flag of a major league open wheel race.

I thought she recently tested a Champ Car, or was that cancelled after Rahal defected? Regardless, its not like saying "I can beat Sarah" is like saying "I can beat Senna." There are probably members of this forum who could say they can beat Sarah and back it up if given the chance!

pineapple
05-29-04, 11:58 PM

I'm gonna puke!!!

Snap out of it!!

The promotional reference is to what the IRL would possibly see in this scenario. Perhaps exploitation would have suited your taste better so you wouldn't make the mistake of thinking I am one of The Faithful. :rolleyes:

If you think discussing IRL shenanigans is a sign of kool-ade addiction, then could your input into IRL-related threads could be an indication of a cherry-flavored jones for all things tenderloin? :gomer:

fourrunner
05-30-04, 12:03 AM
The promotional reference is to what the IRL would possibly see in this scenario. Perhaps exploitation would have suited your taste better so you wouldn't make the mistake of thinking I am one of The Faithful. :rolleyes:

If you think discussing IRL shenanigans is a sign of kool-ade addiction, then could your input into IRL-related threads could be an indication of a cherry-flavored jones for all things tenderloin? :gomer:

Gesundheit !! ;)

fourrunner
05-30-04, 12:05 AM
Can we throw Bologna at her & spank her with a Fish?? Please ... Please !!

Now you're workin in my wheelhouse 'runner.

Hell, throw in a little latex and I'll plan a vacation around it.

btw, which kind of fish is your favorite?

Being a hoosier I'm somewhat partial to Bass but the last time I was in a boom-boom room up in Wisconsin they were swinging Sturgeon to good effect.

Garlic Bologna of course?

Just gotta use a Fish whose Eyes won't pop out .. really messy !! But I never thought of the Garlic Bologna ... Very Kinky !!! ;)

fourrunner
05-30-04, 12:11 AM
Hey, you are guilty too, "Mr. Can we throw Bologna at her & spank her with a Fish??"

:D

But my idea wasn't Promotion ... It was Punishment for going to the IRL .... I figure $5 a turn ... just enough to pay for the fish ... Of course we'd videotape it and plant it in Tony Georges Office then tell Rahal he's gonna sell it!!

Of Course this is all a secret ... so don't tell anyone ! ;) ;)

pineapple
05-30-04, 12:23 AM
Gesundheit !! ;)

You're welcome. ;)

Peter Olivola
05-30-04, 09:28 AM
Time warp!

Haven't we advanced in the slightest bit from when Janet Guthrie first broke the gender barrier at Indy? These are the same arguments that accompanied her entry. They were sexist and defensive then, they're sexist and defensive now.

fourrunner
05-30-04, 10:40 AM
I'm guessing that you MIGHT consider the Bologna & Fish thing a "little" sexist, but I'd definitely ask her permission! ;)

Railbird
05-30-04, 10:42 AM
I swing my Bass with the utmost respect.

Skater_36
05-30-04, 11:53 AM
I think Sarah is going the way of all of the other short track drivers the IRL was supposedly created for. Sarah has been critical of the changing scene in the IRL in regards to the new faces and teams that are getting the BIG checks from Honda and Toyota. I'll bet that braying ass Jack Arute has crossed her off of the interview list because she's not following the company line.

Spicoli
05-30-04, 12:24 PM
Time warp!

Haven't we advanced in the slightest bit from when Janet Guthrie first broke the gender barrier at Indy? These are the same arguments that accompanied her entry. They were sexist and defensive then, they're sexist and defensive now.

They all suck(ed). How many have won anything?

No win, no talent, all show = no respect.

Peter Olivola
05-30-04, 12:56 PM
You, on the other hand, have done so very well and won so very many races, haven't you.

Ed_Severson
05-30-04, 01:20 PM
The difference, Pete, is that Spic isn't masquerading as a professional race driver.

If he was, you'd have a point.

But, as usual, you don't.

nrc
05-30-04, 01:38 PM
You, on the other hand, have done so very well and won so very many races, haven't you.

Please. The "you can't judge talent unless you've won a race" bit is such nonsense.

RTKar
05-30-04, 01:48 PM
Please. The "you can't judge talent unless you've won a race" bit is such nonsense.

Chris Amon...

Insomniac
05-30-04, 03:30 PM

In fairness, didn't Guthrie have to deal with a real line up of people trying to get into a race including a real bump day? I'd say she earned her way into the race. To say she couldn't race isn't fair. Maybe not a race winner, but she could drive a car.

pineapple
05-30-04, 03:34 PM
Time warp!

In a short word - no. People can give all the public lip service they want about breaking gender barriers and advancing the cause, but when it comes to practical application in real life they revert to old, inbred attitudes. Same thing said about women fighting in the military. Everyone is okay with women fighting as long as its just rhetoric...send them out to actually shoot at and be shot at, and people start talking about pulling them off the front lines. Jessica Lynch. Wonder why in those daily silent postings of the dead you rarely see the women who have died.

People aren't going to suddenly dump their old ingrained notions about women being nurturers and the gentler sex when it becomes convenient. Sorry that doesn't fit your notion about equality, but I remember Janet Guthrie, Lyn St James, Lella Lombardi, and (Heart Like a Wheel) addressed these same issues.