PDA

View Full Version : Pit Window is Back at Milwaukee

Insomniac
05-29-04, 11:47 AM
The Champ Car World Series announced it will restore the mandatory "pit window" rules that were in place last year for next weekend's Time Warner Cable Road Runner 250 at the Milwaukee Mile. The pit windows mean that teams must stop to take on fuel and four new tires at specified intervals during the race. The intervals were put in place to force competitors to run without regard to saving fuel. The pit windows, which are currently slated to be in effect for the Milwaukee race only, will be set for 59 laps for the 250-lap event, which runs under the lights on Saturday night, June 5.

"We have learned through our experience that the use of pit windows works exceedingly well for us on oval tracks," said Champ Car Technical Director Lee Dykstra. "Milwaukee is a very important event for us and we want to ensure that the fans get the most competitive racing that we can provide."

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/11275/

Railbird
05-29-04, 11:53 AM
should encourage a little more push to pass action.

I'm ready to roll north

Rogue Leader
05-29-04, 11:54 AM
Im guessing it will be on tape delay on spike at 4 pm that sunday huh? :(

Railbird
05-29-04, 12:00 PM
HDnet live

Rogue Leader
05-29-04, 12:02 PM
HDnet live

I'll have to go rob the local Circuit City of an HDTV ..... :D

Railbird
05-29-04, 12:08 PM
just find a bar in your area with hdnet

http://www.pccruisers.com/ale-monterey.jpg

that's what these dead beats do

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 12:30 PM
High Life? I thought Champ Car fans had better taste than that. ;)

Railbird
05-29-04, 12:34 PM
Let me know when you get old enough to sample the product then I'll explain to you the finer details of "old man beer" and duct tape.

Dirty Sanchez
05-29-04, 12:35 PM
pit windows are teh ghey. :mad:

devilmaster
05-29-04, 12:39 PM

AAAH!!!!!!!!!

Must......... wash................. eyes............. ;) :D

Steve

(actually wishin I could be there with ya)

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 12:41 PM
Let me know when you get old enough to sample the product then I'll explain to you the finer details of "old man beer" and duct tape.

:laugh:

48 more days, but two weeks short of the Cleveland GP. :thumdown:

racer2c
05-29-04, 12:46 PM
Is that car guy extraordinare, Pat Gauss in the middle? :)

Smokin' the Penske Lights? I quit when they left Champ Car, now I smoke Herdez salsa. Not quite the same, the paper gets all wet. :gomer:

Tim
05-29-04, 12:55 PM
Look I was drinking High Life way before I was old enough to drink. It is better than Miller Light and a good beer to get if people are gonna mooch off of you.

Insomniac
05-29-04, 01:06 PM
should encourage a little more push to pass action.

I'm ready to roll north

I wouldn't expect to see PTP at Milwaukee for some reason. Just doesn't seem safe. Who knows.

FTG
05-29-04, 02:21 PM

Champ cars desperately needs to attract a younger audience. ;)

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 02:28 PM

:laugh:

Don't be too sure. If you guys thought me, Ank, Cork, or Rahalnut were annoying, then you really don't want to meet the rest of my generation. :thumdown:

Winston Wolfe
05-29-04, 02:30 PM

Dont let Manic see you guys drinking that "watered down, no taste, wuzzy, domestic brew".... Ya see, if you cant drink HIS beer with a fork, then it just aint beer! :p

Ankf00
05-29-04, 03:08 PM
Dont let Manic see you guys drinking that "watered down, no taste, wuzzy, domestic brew".... Ya see, if you cant drink HIS beer with a fork, then it just aint beer! :p
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
werd.

anait
05-29-04, 04:17 PM
K, I do know some fellow OCers' mugs, but I'm afraid I don't recognize those folks. :o Who's who??

rabbit
05-29-04, 04:24 PM
K, I do know some fellow OCers' mugs, but I'm afraid I don't recognize those folks. :o Who's who??
Bird, Lizzerd, dunno and Cam.

anait
05-29-04, 04:59 PM

Thnx, rabbit. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 05:10 PM

I think "dunno" is Spicoli. At least I hope thats who it is, that way I'll know who to look for when I prepare to get my ass kicked at Cleveland. ;)

Warlock!
05-29-04, 08:35 PM
...and a good beer to get if people are gonna mooch off of you.
How the Hell would you know??? Everytime I've seen you, you're the one doin' the moochin'... ;)

And yes... Don't know is Spicoli. And he's much more burly in person, Sean...

;D

Warlock!

Ankf00
05-29-04, 08:46 PM
look, it's all about the Lone Star. "The National Beer of Texas" ;)

anait
05-29-04, 08:53 PM
I think "dunno" is Spicoli. At least I hope thats who it is, that way I'll know who to look for when I prepare to get my ass kicked at Cleveland. ;)

That's Spicoli??!! Wow. That is not at all how I pictured him... :)

Sean O'Gorman
05-29-04, 09:12 PM

Is this how? :D

http://www.10-7.com/humor/photopages/head%20in%20toilet.jpg

anait
05-29-04, 09:24 PM
^^^ :D Well, I just don't know how to answer that without incurring some Spicoli-wrath... :rofl:

Clown
05-30-04, 03:20 AM
Consider this thread hi-jacked :laugh:

Insomniac
05-30-04, 11:09 AM
Consider this thread hi-jacked :laugh:

I don't think there is a term for how far off track this thread is. Not even Lavin can get this far off track. ;)

Spicoli
05-30-04, 12:17 PM

Fresh haircut. :gomer: :shakehead

And Sean - I won't be in Cleveland, so you are safe for a while. But - as Warlock said - I am much more "burly" in person.

Not "rocket" burly or "Warlock!" burly, but a much more sleek, physically fit, conditioned, good looking, smart and charming burly.

If I do say so myself.

Spicoli
05-30-04, 12:20 PM
http://www.joelski.com/cheer2.gif

Back before the wagon went all Phil Collins. :saywhat: