PDA

View Full Version : 500 ticket availability 48 hours prior to race time

JLMannin
05-28-04, 12:19 PM
I went through the on-line ticket search thing stand by stand to see what was available.

Here is what I did, stand by stand:

Requested two side by side seats and report row that the search app delivered
Requested blocks of tickets to see the largest block request granted. Searched 100, 50 ,20, and 10, reporting the highest block size found and the row range quoted

Stand - 2 tickets row availability - largest block available - row range
NE Vista Back stretch - FF - 10 R to S
NE Vista Turn - C - 10 - D to E
North Vista - BB - 50 V to Z
NW Vista - sold out
J Stand - E - 10 - C to D
H Stand - J - 20 - K to L
C stand - F - 10 - B to C
Paddock Box - single ticket only, row B
A Stand - sold out
SW Vista - B - 20 - Q to R (interesting, 2 tix, row 2, block of 20, rows 16-17)
South Vista - G - 10 - E to F
G Stand - D - 20 - D to E
SE Vista - E - 20 C to D

Infield seating
Tower Terrace - J - 20 - E to F
Pit Road Terr - A - 10 - A to B
First turn Terr - H - 10 - G to H
South Terrace - G - 20 - D to E

Basically, only three sections sold out (NW Vista, Paddock Box, and A Stand), Every where else, forst 5 to 10 rows pretty Sparce, and huge blocks available in North Vista.

Tony can't give them away fast enough.

Brickman
05-28-04, 12:23 PM
In my mind when you can talk to someone in the ticket office and buy Deck Seats then it's time for "Houston we have a problem".

JLMannin
05-28-04, 12:30 PM
In my mind when you can talk to someone in the ticket office and buy Deck Seats then it's time for "Houston we have a problem".

I was saying "Houston, we have a problem." when TG was unfurling his plans for the IRL prior to the 1995 Indy 500. Now, guys like yourself are jumping up and down saying that there is a crisis, and pretending you have been saying this for years.

Thanks a lot, TG for ruing my favorite race and practically killing US based formula car racing in the process. And oh yeah, thank you to all the stupid lemmings who took TG's "vision" bull**** hook, line, and sinker.

So, what's it like to wake up from a nine year stupor, anyway?

Brickman
05-28-04, 01:00 PM
I was saying "Houston, we have a problem." when TG was unfurling his plans for the IRL prior to the 1995 Indy 500. Now, guys like yourself are jumping up and down saying that there is a crisis, and pretending you have been saying this for years.

Thanks a lot, TG for ruing my favorite race and practically killing US based formula car racing in the process. And oh yeah, thank you to all the stupid lemmings who took TG's "vision" bull**** hook, line, and sinker.

The best they could do in the past was hold their own. The demand was down but this has the appearence of closing in on 1996 levels, maybe not that drastic but not good by any means. It was a no brainer starting the IRL would divide the fan base, Indy may have made drivers, but fans made Indy. But that's a whole other topic.

Madmaxfan2
05-28-04, 03:00 PM

As for me, I was not internet posting, but I knew the creation of the IRL was trouble back in 1995, especially for road racing in this country.

Jag_Warrior
05-28-04, 09:12 PM
500 ticket availability 48 hours prior to race time

And I'm sure most of those same tickets will be available 48 hours after race time. Good work, Tony. Keep up the good work.

JoeBob
05-28-04, 09:27 PM
Basically, only three sections sold out (NW Vista, Paddock Box, and A Stand), Every where else, forst 5 to 10 rows pretty Sparce, and huge blocks available in North Vista.

Stands B and E are also sold out. But, the point remains: Great seats still available.

If you and 99 friends want to have a party, there are still blocks of 100 available in the NE vista (section 28 is coming up at the moment.)

RichK
05-28-04, 10:53 PM

Jeez dude. NOBODY CARES ANYMORE. The fact that we can get buttloads of tickets 48 hours before the Indy 500 in almost any section and NOT have to get them by birthright anymore is "a problem".