PDA

View Full Version : Indy Weather....

Turn7
05-28-04, 07:49 AM
I sure hope that the race isn't delayed or postponed due to weather. I don't want any excuse to be bantered around as to why there were so few folks in the stands or why it only pulled a .xx tv rating.

This is the first year that the faithful are starting to get a little light shinning on their faces and its dawning on them that they have been had. It will be a wake up call to all involved in the sport that the last bastion of IndyCar/ChampCar/Open Wheel racing in America is in a deep pile and what they are doing is killing it not helping it.

No excuses, let the truth be shown.

Spicoli
05-29-04, 10:44 AM
I sure hope that the race isn't delayed or postponed due to weather. I don't want any excuse to be bantered around as to why there were so few folks in the stands or why it only pulled a .xx tv rating.

This is the first year that the faithful are starting to get a little light shinning on their faces and its dawning on them that they have been had. It will be a wake up call to all involved in the sport that the last bastion of IndyCar/ChampCar/Open Wheel racing in America is in a deep pile and what they are doing is killing it not helping it.

No excuses, let the truth be shown.

Some rain tonight and tomorrow early.

Big ass storm should be here about 4 on Sunday.

Sounds like they'll get all the wrecks in.

Railbird
05-29-04, 10:56 AM
The True Believers don't need anything as solid as rain to make up an excuse.

Bad economy
Pacers playoff
Terrorism threats
IRL hate sites
Scorched earth
Color TV
High prices of Sarah bobble heads
No Jim Phillipe
No short trackers
Evil Nascar event later in the day
Evil foriegners showing up in a few weeks
Evil fans who have the gaul to remember how it used to be
Ticket scalpers
Ticket brokers

and on
and on
and on

Spicoli
05-29-04, 11:07 AM
Gasloine
Oil
Chris Pook
Paul Gentilozzi
Circus Clown (sorry Chris ;) )
Paul Page
Robin Miller
Bob Jenkins
Republicans
Democrats
Solar Power
Low carb diets (worked for Krispy Kreme)
Japan
China
Bernie
Spicoli
yfds
Haters

Insomniac
05-29-04, 01:18 PM
It's not looking good.

nrc
05-29-04, 02:24 PM
They're screwed either way. A lot of the people who are still going or watching are going out of habit/tradition. Anything that breaks that habit will mean an even smaller audience next year.

Ankf00
05-29-04, 03:06 PM
Hope the weather's good on sunday, want to go to the lake for some 60' cliff diving... would hate for rain to come down

skaven
05-29-04, 05:50 PM
Hope the weather's good on sunday, want to go to the lake for some 60' cliff diving... would hate for rain to come down

:cool: Have fun. We used to do the same in college outside of Gainesville, FL... at least until the rednecks started shooting at us.

I'll be backcountry snowboarding down a 14,000'-er I hope to summit, but my folks are at the race. For their sake, I hope they get the race in on time as they are flying in for the weekend.

If they weren't there though, I'd be all for hail, cats, dogs, et al. race after race, power failures in the broadcast booth, (spic) e-coli juice in the potato salad, hammer-inflicted self-mutilations, all manner of trivial failures, a few big ones, a DEA-raid on the pagoda, public flailing - followed by a ritual sapaku carried out miserably resulting in an interminable death-like state of nightmares and guilt. :)

fourrunner
05-29-04, 06:53 PM
Tornado's at Indy ?????

God is really pissed at Tony George !!!

Is Tony Hulman whispering in God's ear to get that little bastige!! ;)

Just leave the rest of us out of it ... Please ! :eek:

dando
05-29-04, 08:27 PM
I hope the rain holds off, too. I'll be spending the afternoon chasing after a stupid, little white ball. Screw Indy. I gave Rahal's HQ the one-fingered salute as I drove by this afternoon.

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
05-29-04, 08:56 PM
I hope the rain holds off, too. I'll be spending the afternoon chasing after a stupid, little white ball. Screw Indy. I gave Rahal's HQ the one-fingered salute as I drove by this afternoon.

-Kevin

So that was you!! I was doing the same thing and noticed another person next to me on 270 giving a Rahole salute also!! :D :thumbup:

I actually did get tears in my eyes today, I watched a little of the Legends of the Brickyard and started to get misty, remembering how great it used to be... :(