PDA

View Full Version : Fernandez On Tracy

TedN
05-28-04, 07:02 AM
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2004/05/28/476246.html

Fri, May 28, 2004
Fernandez calls out Tracy INDY 500
By Dean McNulty, Toronto Sun

PAUL TRACY is nowhere to be found on the grounds of Indianapolis Motorspeedway this week, but he has been the subject of banter about the never-ending feud between the Indy Racing League and Champ Cars. Adrian Fernandez, who fled to the IRL this season, bringing his two teams with him, yesterday fired a salvo across Tracy's bow for not being here.

"Every top team and driver except one will be here Sunday racing in the Indianapolis 500," Fernandez said.

The Mexican driver said that Tracy should see the writing on the wall that the Open Wheel Racing Series is no longer a viable racing model.

"As far as I'm concerned CART or Champ Car is dead," he said.

Fernandez quashed rumours that he may be back in Champ Car racing, at least for the event in Mexico City.

"I will not be racing in any events in that series," he said. "I have a commitment to Honda and that will not allow me to race even one event in the other series."

:thumdown:

pchall
05-28-04, 07:20 AM
Very lame smack from a guy who isn't worthy of carrying PT's helmet bag. He must need another check from Honda.

Railbird
05-28-04, 07:27 AM
Enjoy yourself driving s****boxes on the cookie cutters Honda boy.

Tracy is busy driving rather than whoring for a living

Chief
05-28-04, 07:28 AM
What a fag Adrian is, the gutless backstabber traitor. Seeing as he hasn't been maimed yet after two races and completed laps that could be counted on one hand, he sure is getting some big gonads. YEN makes you tough, huh you former CART mid-packer.....

P1
05-28-04, 07:29 AM
What a fag Adrian is, the gutless backstabber traitor. Seeing as he hasn't been maimed yet after two races and completed laps that could be counted on one hand, he sure is getting some big gonads. YEN makes you tough, huh you former CART mid-packer.....
:thumbup:

Warlock!
05-28-04, 07:45 AM
He's makin' it pretty damned easy to repeat the phrase,

"FAF".

:shakehead

I hope Blinky steps on him during the race on Sunday.

Warlock!

Rogue Leader
05-28-04, 07:57 AM
ooooh big tough words from a guy who sucked in CART anyway. If PT was there he would smack down AF so hard half of Mexico would feel it.

FAF

Insomniac
05-28-04, 08:28 AM
That Kool-Aid is some fast acting stuff. FAF and FBR for good measure. I'm sure he'll add his $0.02 at some point.

JT265
05-28-04, 08:57 AM
So according to FernanDUH, PT should be over there dicing with such greats as Roth, McTeeheeheeheehee, Gweggy and the Foytspawn?

Whatever. :thumdown:

Rob
05-28-04, 09:31 AM
I'm sure Vasser, Bourdais, Jourdain and the other champ car drivers will appreciate Adrian saying they aren't "top drivers". :thumdown:

KobySon
05-28-04, 09:54 AM
That farking YEN-WHORE! :flame:

I can't believe I used to respect this guy!

God do I hope that KK and GF get that injunction on his arse!

Chaos
05-28-04, 10:09 AM
Tracy already won that race. Why go back.

Clown
05-28-04, 10:18 AM
"I have a commitment to Honda and that will not allow me to race even one event in the other series." That really says (and proves) it all :shakehead

sundaydriver2
05-28-04, 11:02 AM
Tracy is pretty good at talkin' smack. I can't wait to hear his reply.

:laugh: :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
05-28-04, 11:14 AM
Why should Paul dignify Fernandez' comments with a response? He's a loser and dead to ChampCar now.

racer2c
05-28-04, 11:16 AM
Where's the unofficial Fernandez Fan club response to this? Good for Champ Car my ***. :flame: :flame: :flame:

audi quattro
05-28-04, 11:21 AM
He was treated like ****e when he won the race. Does FAF think paul is a glutton for punishment to go back?

Lola_B70
05-28-04, 11:47 AM
Yo Adri',
I am one of your hardcore EXfans. Do me a favor and look at the EMPTY stands next time you circle by. Mexico and Champcar have forgotten you.
Oh and by the way Champcar is not dead, we are THE series racing in the D.F. while you are racing in Gomerville for the Japanese. LOL.
Silly backmarker, *ndy's for kids.

Brickman
05-28-04, 11:47 AM
I always liked squeaky, but you can't get much dumber calling out somone than that, well... anyways.

Honda pays you to drive, not drivel Adrian. :shakehead

pkvracing12
05-28-04, 02:01 PM
I hate that guy more and more everyday. But hey when champcar will still have mexico races and earl doesn't I guess Michel Jourdain JR, Mario Diminguez and the rest of the mexican racers will get to race those races with pride for there country and there teams. while adrian turns left all the time. Adrian Doesn't know whats going to happen becuase he is brain washed by FTG. Champcar will always be the best and never will end. Screw you Adrian I hope you rot in h*ll :flame: :thumdown:

Spicoli
05-28-04, 02:09 PM
Gaydrian sure is asking for an ass beating.

PT's retort should be epic.

Homoco gomer. :gomer: :shakehead

BNica
05-28-04, 02:10 PM
FAF should STFU

I used to think he was the nicest guy in the paddock, now he is showing what a deluded Kool-Aid drinking, yen-sucking induced idiot he is

BNica
05-28-04, 02:35 PM
guess what, FAF is also the IndyCar rep company for EARL

http://www.sporcar.com/_Bol2/Asp/Boletin.asp?Archi=040528111327

Madmaxfan2
05-28-04, 03:04 PM
Fernandez to me has never been a strong leader type. I saw him once in person at a Novi Motorsports Hall of Fame presentation , and he seemed to led around on a lesh by his PR handlers.At times he had that deer stunned by headlights look.

fourrunner
05-28-04, 03:53 PM
According to Helio ... Adrian likes Spanking .. Both Ways ! ;)

mueber
05-28-04, 05:12 PM
It's amazing how these guys turn ugly as soon as they get into the IRL. I can only assume that that is the way Honda/Toyota wants it. It is also instructive how they never have anything to say to the fans. Or, in this case, it's the equivalent of telling his fans in Mexico to his A$$.

RTKar
05-28-04, 06:30 PM
I'm hoping he starts talking exclusively in Spanish so I don't understand him. I'm sick of hearing the garbage the defectors are spewing.

Madmaxfan2
05-28-04, 07:06 PM
Let's face it. There are very few people in today's society who will admit they made a wrong decision. Especially egotisitical drivers. The defectors have staked thier careers in the EARL and will not admit to the mistake. Has any of the now defunct original EARL team owners and driver publically admit that the EARL is a shame? Only J.J Yelley has come close, saying the IRL is not for the dirt track drivers. If you are looking for Honesty, you definately will not find it among the defectors. However, little tidbits get out like at Nazereth the IRL regulars were watching a CART practice session rather than check the USAC Silver Crown race going on. My point is this, we know that even Fernandez prefers the old CART, but fear and insecurity combined with Japanese Yen and IRL press shills have driven the defectors. The bravado talk of Fernandez in criticizing Tracy will not cover the failure of the IRL

Jervis Tetch 1
05-28-04, 10:24 PM
I was at Indy during the first week of qualifying (a freebie from a friend) and I can't believe the crap some of the ex-CART pilots AND people are swallowing.

One said PT was a mid-packer and the only reason he won his championship was because "Nobody worth a damn is racing there now..." and THIS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO USED TO SING HIS PRAISES!

You give me PT in a trade any day and I'll give you Cornish, McTeeHee (an arrogant little wanker, who shouldn't be allowed on the same track as PT), Foyt 0 & 00, Daddy Warbucks Roth (who will be black-flagged within 15 laps) and Ray Greg, and I'll be happy with that trade any day.

That must be some Kool-Aid they put in those cups.

Skater_36
05-29-04, 07:24 AM
It's amazing how these guys turn ugly as soon as they get into the IRL. I can only assume that that is the way Honda/Toyota wants it. It is also instructive how they never have anything to say to the fans. Or, in this case, it's the equivalent of telling his fans in Mexico to his A$$.

The IRL plays dirty, that's one of the things that really turns me off to the series. Every driver that has gone in to the IRL gives a canned speech about how CART/CCWS is not the place to be, they truly are becoming the open wheel NASCAR in regard to the way they play the PR game. If these teams and drivers don't think everyone knows they sold out their fans for manufacturer yen then they are as dilusional as TG.

fourrunner
05-29-04, 10:37 AM
One said PT was a mid-packer and the only reason he won his championship was because "Nobody worth a damn is racing there now..." and THIS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO USED TO SING HIS PRAISES!

That must be some Kool-Aid they put in those cups.

How do they explain PT "the mid packer" Winning the Indy 500 ...

even though they gave it to "the F**gepacker" in the end!! :eek:

Luckily the Indy 500 doesn't mean that much anymore!!

Insomniac
05-29-04, 11:02 AM

Who was it?