PDA

View Full Version : DVD Player Ad

racer2c
05-27-04, 04:07 PM
Pretty funny.

Link (http://jaja.kn.vutbr.cz/~weidinger/killbill.swf)

Insomniac
05-27-04, 07:08 PM
I saw that, it's a great commercial. And dead on for anyone who had a first generation DVD player. :)

fourrunner
05-27-04, 07:34 PM
LMAO - Very Clever ..... :thumbup:

Steve99
05-27-04, 07:43 PM
Sadly, my first generation DVD player worked fine. It was my second generation player that had these types of problems. :cry: I'm on my third player now.

Robstar
05-27-04, 09:01 PM
Or watches DVD's on their Playstation 2... :thumdown:

Sean O'Gorman
05-27-04, 09:18 PM
Or watches DVD's on their Playstation 2... :thumdown:

Haha, thats like trying to do a 24 hour race with an MGB. At least Xbox is reliable as a DVD player, it sucks that the DVD remote doesn't actually turn the Xbox on or off, but I'm not that lazy!

rosawendel
05-28-04, 08:00 AM
excellent clip.

i had a first generation jvc player, cost around 300 bucks. after it continuously locked up, and became very finiky about what it would play, i found out that it was the subject of a class action lawsuit - only i found out about a year too late. the deadline to sign on had long since passed. the settlement amount: 100 bucks toward the purchase of a new one (which these days would buy a new one.)

live and learn.

KLang
05-28-04, 08:56 AM
I've still got my first DVD player, a Sony S7000 (i think that's right) and it still works flawlessly. Only reason I bought another was that the first generation players couldn't pass a DTS signal or output progressive.

MAXAR RE
05-28-04, 09:36 AM
I've still got my first DVD player, a Sony S7000 (i think that's right) and it still works flawlessly. Only reason I bought another was that the first generation players couldn't pass a DTS signal or output progressive.

I also have an S7000 and it has been flawless. The S7000 was Sony's forst DVD player, and is still used as a benchmark player by many home theater magazines for testing monitors and sound systems. The only thing that my S7000 will not do is play DVD-ROMs; the unit is simply not designed to handle them. That's why I have plans to upgrade to an S7700 in the near future. :D

oddlycalm
05-28-04, 04:42 PM
Great ad :thumbup: :D

I'm still using the first DVD player to be released back in April of 97, and it's still chugging along without incident in the bedroom system. Most of the problems in the early days were actually from badly produced DVD's, especially the hanging at layer shift. We added a player with more advanced capability last year to the HT system.

BTW, due to issues similar to the ad occasionally with rental DVD's from Netflix, I got a rotary disc resurfacer. It uses an abrasive paste to remove any scratches and gouges, then there is a cleaning cycle to clean off the abrasive. The entire cycle takes around 10 minutes. As I recall it was $25-$30.

oc