PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Busch

rabbit
02-05-03, 06:43 PM
Ran 20 laps, fastest was :54.5 (first time in open wheel car)
Compare that to...
Lemarie 53.4
Gonzalez 53.1
Camathias 52.6

Not too shabby.

nissan gtp
02-05-03, 06:46 PM
that's very impressive

which car did he run ?

damiandoan
02-05-03, 06:48 PM
Jourdain's

Very impressive indeed. I wonder how NASCAR is looking at this whole thing. I'm sure they are PO'd. :D

DD

turn1
02-05-03, 06:59 PM
Impressive indeed!

Ziggy
02-05-03, 07:03 PM
Good for him. Its a dang shame that ChampCar racing wont pay his bills. I can remember in the not to distant past that getting out of a stock car and into an openwheel car was a career advancement....

Ziggy

turn1
02-05-03, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Good for him. Its a dang shame that ChampCar racing wont pay his bills. I can remember in the not to distant past that getting out of a stock car and into an openwheel car was a career advancement....

Ziggy

Sure, that was before someone took strong stewardship of neckar and realized the genious of a solid and consistent marketing/pr program. Busch seems to be a great driver but. like indicated before, I am sure it was far more amusing to see Spencer peel his fat heiney out of the cockpit!

Hurling Frootmig
02-05-03, 07:23 PM
Rahal puts a decent car on the track so at least he will get a fair idea about CART and the cars. I wish him luck.

Don Quixote
02-05-03, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know if he has had previous right turn experience, other than Sears Point and Watkins?

cart7
02-05-03, 07:58 PM
The kids a good driver and definitely one to look for in the championship run this year. He is also good on camera. Presents and holds himself well. A sponsors dream. I look to see him become the next big WC driver.

molive
02-05-03, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by cart7
I look to see him become the next big WC driver.

WC?:confused:

nrc
02-05-03, 10:56 PM
It's just a shame that this little publicity stunt is wasted on the likes of us. The Lemmings would be getting all moist in their panties over something like this. :D

http://www.cart.com/content/photos/2003/By400/20030205P_0014.jpg

Can't we get our hearts all a-flutter and work up a good "one-off ride for Long Beach" rumor?

Sean O'Gorman
02-05-03, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by nrc
Can't we get our hearts all a-flutter and work up a good "one-off ride for Long Beach" rumor?

mailto:contacts@autoracing1.com

It's worth a shot. :rofl:

turn1
02-06-03, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by SOG35
mailto:contacts@autoracing1.com

It's worth a shot. :rofl:

Priceless slam on Mr. C!

Warlock!
02-06-03, 08:22 AM
Yahoo Sports carries the Mike Harris write-up on the session. He only did 18 laps... that's pretty good to get that quick if ya axe me.

Yahoo Article (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-champcardrive&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Winter Warlock!

CART2Day
02-06-03, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by turn1
Sure, that was before someone took strong stewardship of neckar and realized the genious of a solid and consistent marketing/pr program. Busch seems to be a great driver but. like indicated before, I am sure it was far more amusing to see Spencer peel his fat heiney out of the cockpit!

Ditto that.. read the CART.com transcript with KB- talking about he has a second per lap over Spencer in the car beased on weight .. :laugh:

Too bad open wheel ISNT the promotion it used to be..

pchall
02-06-03, 11:31 AM
"I'm going to stick to my day job, driving Winston Cup," [Kurt Busch] said, "but the door (to Champ Cars) is cracked open."

Middle section of this article has a lot of interesting quotes from Busch.

http://www.speedtv.com/auto/?lvl=3a&cat=20&id=5064

Napoleon
02-06-03, 11:57 AM
To bad the only C^RT race which will be run on a weekend when NASCAR is idle is Germany. I would love to see one of the NASCAR guys with talent do a one-off. With the series being so closely identified with Ford for at least the next couple of years I would think there is an incentive for them to do so.

(Although remember there are also the two night races which may allow a doubleheader by a driver - one of those night races is in Cleveland which has the second highest concentration of Ford workers and factories behind Detroit).