PDA

View Full Version : dixon resigns with cheep

nz_climber
05-26-04, 01:13 AM
Scott dixon signs with cheep till end of the 2006 season

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :cry:

story here (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sports/sportsstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=3568736&thesection=sport&thesubsection=motorsports&thesecondsubsection=general)

Robstar
05-26-04, 01:29 AM
When I saw the title, I thought you meant resigns (as in quits)
Bugger :thumdown:

Kiwifan
05-26-04, 05:53 AM
I thought the boy had more cents but obviously not. If he had I reckon he could have moved on. Too bad he seems to be tied to the Cheapsters purse.

Oh well Scott, take care mate and although I still wear your Indy Lights Team gear I feel, for me it's time to move on and follow my beloved Champ Cars and the Aussie V8s. I had hoped he may have come back to our side but now it seems not, unless old Chip is planning on coming back. :eek:

Rusty.

PS, I meant cents not sense in case any of you lot thought I had the wrong word. ;)

RTKar
05-26-04, 06:43 AM
When I saw the title, I thought you meant resigns (as in quits)
Bugger :thumdown:

Me too. Doesn't he have another Williams test coming up?...contracts can always be bought out.

Rogue Leader
05-26-04, 07:47 AM
If Frank Williams wants Dixon, that contract wont be worth the paper its written on... Im sure theres a way out of it for him....

Andrew Longman
05-26-04, 09:27 AM
If Frank Williams wants Dixon, that contract wont be worth the paper its written on... Im sure theres a way out of it for him....

Yes, chip sells it too Frank.

Turn7
05-26-04, 09:33 AM
Without reading it, who knows what clauses were included. If Dixon has any chance at all of going to F1, he or his agent would make sure that he would be able to go.

It just means that he will be in the IRL and not Champ Car or Nascar I would wager.

sundaydriver2
05-26-04, 09:44 AM
Another year in the Crapwagons, aw damn. :p

Too bad your dream of F1 will never come true Scotty. :gomer:

Maybe you and Sarah can pool your resources and split the racing. Word is she has a shot at the McLaren seat.

racer2c
05-26-04, 10:29 AM
Just like Helio, I believe Dixon's F1 chances are quickly fading. I see Sebastian in F1 before Dixon.

Sean O'Gorman
05-26-04, 10:34 AM
What a moron.

Chaos
05-26-04, 10:36 AM
i think this signing has more to do with the fact that IRL is going road racing than it does Williams' F1 seat.

Jay
05-26-04, 11:38 AM
I agree with Rogue Leader - there's no doubt a few outs. At the same time, I think Dixon is just protecting himself in case nothing else comes up.

As for him wanting to risk his arse in the IRL - that's totally his perogative. Perhaps he enjoys the "racing", perhaps he just enjoys the money - but whatever the case, he's willing to take the risk.... so... just accept it and get over it Champcar fans.

Peter Venkman
05-26-04, 01:39 PM
It just means that he will be in the IRL and not Champ Car or Nascar I would wager.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's a loss for all.

nz_climber
05-26-04, 04:14 PM
I thought the boy had more cents but obviously not. If he had I reckon he could have moved on. Too bad he seems to be tied to the Cheapsters purse.

Oh well Scott, take care mate and although I still wear your Indy Lights Team gear I feel, for me it's time to move on and follow my beloved Champ Cars and the Aussie V8s. I had hoped he may have come back to our side but now it seems not, unless old Chip is planning on coming back. :eek:

Rusty.

PS, I meant cents not sense in case any of you lot thought I had the wrong word. ;)

my thoughts exactly - I always believed scott would jump as soon as his contract ran out, but looks like he been drinking cool aid and sleeping with cheeep and his yen :eek:

dando
05-26-04, 05:02 PM

The way i see it, that's Cheep's teat, not purse. ;)

Perhaps he hit the wall a bit to hard on one of the roundy rounds. :(

-Kevin

dando
05-26-04, 05:03 PM
False hope after seeing the thread title...should read re-signs.

-Kevin

KobySon
05-26-04, 05:31 PM
False hope after seeing the thread title...should read re-signs.

-Kevin

yeah, or re-ups

Dr. Corkski
05-26-04, 05:41 PM
Wonder how much input Stefan Johansson had in this if he had any at all.