PDA

View Full Version : David Lee Roth Back With Van Halen

Dave99
05-25-04, 10:49 PM
"Back" as in back in 1984 when Van Halen brought their 1984 Tour to the Los Angeles Forum, that is.

If you never saw =VH= with DLR, you don't know what you missed. To re-live the experience one more time, or for the first time...

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4091257&a=31256809&p=68255166

nrc
05-26-04, 12:28 AM
It's true. He once had a full head of hair. :p

Chaos
05-26-04, 09:11 AM
Jump was the first 7" i bought (with my own money :))

Winston Wolfe
05-27-04, 05:44 PM
"Back" as in back in 1984 when Van Halen brought their 1984 Tour to the Los Angeles Forum, that is.

If you never saw =VH= with DLR, you don't know what you missed. To re-live the experience one more time, or for the first time...

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4091257&a=31256809&p=68255166

Nice pics, Dave99.... :cool:

But if you look at the last picture of your ticket stub, it appears that you had forgotten the very important rules that are listed there....

"NO CAMERAS or recorders" :eek:

Also lovin' the fact that the ticket price was $12.50 (and the service charge was only $1.50).... ahhhh, the good ol' days, right ?

(was Ank or Cork even BORN back then ????) :rofl:

I cant wait to see these aging rockers play at the Arrowhead Pond in late August \ early Sept. I just saw the YES show there a few weeks ago, and MAN, are those guys ready to collect their pensions, or what?

Ankf00
05-27-04, 06:02 PM
ah the memories of being a weeeee lad of 2 years head banging next to the pit at the '84 LA =VH= show *sigh* the whiskey, the wimen, some things will never be the same ;)

RaceCat
05-29-04, 02:12 AM
Forget DLR, OHHHHH EDDIE! :) That's my man!

Nice memories Dave! Remember when DLR had long stringy hair? Pre-fame days! God, was that a long time ago or what?

Ouch!

Great great photos

Peg (aka racecat)

JohnHKart
05-29-04, 05:15 AM
I would love to have Roth back with VH, it's , as Steve Lukather from Toto (good Eddie friend said to me three years ago) "too bad he can't sing." In 83 with VH at the US Festival, he was one of the worst pro vocalists I ever saw and the worst on the day. Unable to hit any of the notes on the recordings, blasted, and generally out of it. It was the same story three years later at the Forum on his Yankee Rose tour....godawful!!! So his recordings are obviously multi take studio wizardry. He can hit the notes, but never onstage. Sammy on the other hand, has nailed it everytime I've seen him with VH, and I'm sure he'll pull it off later this year also, even though he's what, 54?.

John

TrueBrit
05-30-04, 12:31 AM
I know that i'm about to show my age here but I was at the US festival too...Heavy Metal Sunday. Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Triumph, The Scorpions and VH...

DLR was out of his tree when he hit the stage...forgot the words to the first song "Romeo Delight"..he thought it was hysterical...I didn't..I'd waited all day...in the baking sun..I left after Eddie's solo...

EDwardo
05-30-04, 12:46 AM
I know that i'm about to show my age here .....

Since we are showing our age, I saw ZZ Top open for Humble Pie once. I also saw Elton John open for the Mark-Almond band.

As for DLR rejoining Van Halen, it must be the money because he and Eddie spent years trashing each other in the press. I never cared for Roth anyway. His sqealing and posturing only annoyed me. Eddie is an awesome guitarist though.

Fitti Fan
05-30-04, 10:50 AM
David Lee Roth is one of the scariest looking people I've ever seen!!!!

oddlycalm
05-30-04, 06:28 PM
Since we are showing our age, I saw ZZ Top open for Humble Pie once. I also saw Elton John open for the Mark-Almond band.

A less amusing moment was seeing Chuck Berry open for Humble Pie and having them pull the plug on him in the middle of a kickin tune so that those wankers could come on. We left.

As long as it's dinosaur confession time, an odd moment was seeing a very young Ted Nugent (Amboy Dukes) open for the Who at the Southfield, MI high school gymnasium.

Speaking of people that look rougher and older these days, my wife's most amusing concert memory was having free tickets to the first Rolling Stones US tour, and seeing them in an empty hall with a crowd of 15, nearly half of whom she brought to the show herself, in San Antonio. The pictures she took are an absolute hoot. The band looked a bit younger then...

oc

BMEP
05-31-04, 05:09 PM
Hey now! David Lee Roth is on his way back up!!!

Doesn't anybody watch the Soprano's?

<fighting back laughter>

Dave99
06-04-04, 02:46 AM
Forget DLR, OHHHHH EDDIE! :) That's my man!

David Lee Roth is one of the scariest looking people I've ever seen!!!!
You think DLR is scary lookin', check out Ed! Oh My! :eek:

No worries though... looks like the red teletubby's got his back.

http://www.vhnd.com/images/edlong.jpg

JohnHKart
06-04-04, 06:39 AM
Here's some brief rehearsal footage and a couple of comments

http://ktla.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=851643

click music on the upperleft, then you will see VH tour and then click that...And see, Sammy's hitting the notes on the new song in the dress rehearsal, just like I said he does.

John