PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Milwaukee

Purple Panic
05-25-04, 04:36 PM
Is anybody camping at Milwaukee this year who can tell me how to get around? We're too poor to pick up a hotel room this year, but we would like to camp and I need to find information about how to A) get a campground space and B) where the durned thing is....

I tried the Wisconsin State Fair Park website, but it only mentioned the RV grounds and it didn't say anything about camping there. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

-AC-

CARTNUT
05-25-04, 11:01 PM
I don't know for sure, but it looks like they have RV "Camping" only. (NO TENTS!?!?!?) :confused: Here's the link:http://www.milwaukeemile.com/visitorinfo.html

Or, check out Hotwire.com for an inexpensive hotel in Brookfield, WI, about 5 miles west of the track. :thumbup:

We'll be there! Hope to meet you and many other OC ChampCar fans!!!

See Ya,
'NUT :gomer:

RTKar
05-25-04, 11:11 PM
I did a search of campgrounds for Milwaukee county and didn't find any. Maybe try the surrounding counties, there may be something not too far away.

TRDfan
05-26-04, 07:35 AM
Waukesha County has a couple of parks that list camping as available. Their phone number is 262-548-7801. That may put you too far away from the track though.

I used Priceline this year and got a $25 rate in Brookfiled at the Homestead Studio Suites. Small rooms, but they include a refrigerator, dishes, cookware, microwave, and cooktop. Plus it's located right behind the Speedway Inn where many of us ended up last year after the race.

cheesewhiz
05-26-04, 10:51 AM
Just a heads up.............
Milwaukee is a CITY.
It's like trying to find a campground in Chicago.
Any campground is going to put you at least 30 minute away.

Just my $ .02

Warlock!
05-26-04, 11:14 AM
I tried the Wisconsin State Fair Park website, but it only mentioned the RV grounds and it didn't say anything about camping there. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

-AC-
The Mile's camping area is a paved parking lot for RVs, IIRC.

Warlock!