PDA

View Full Version : Good For Trulli

Chaos
05-25-04, 03:29 PM
A little late yes, but I'm giving props to Trulli for his first grand prix win. It was a very good weekend with a pole and smooth race. Good to see him put it all together for a weekend.

Dirty Sanchez
05-25-04, 03:38 PM
A little late yes, but I'm giving props to Trulli for his first grand prix win. It was a very good weekend with a pole and smooth race. Good to see him put it all together for a weekend.Word. I think I'm guilty of both underestimating Trulli and overestimating Alonso. I still favor Alonso... but he's got some things to learn.

Now lets see if Trulli can back it up. ;)

RichK
05-25-04, 03:43 PM
I thought it was a great drive. He responded to Schumacher's fast laps, and looked to be driving at 10/10's the whole race.

That Renault looked REALLY good over the curbs and bumps.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-25-04, 05:00 PM
Good post.

It's great to see Jarno finally get that elusive first win, much like Fishi did last year at Brazil. Still wish Fishi would have gotten to spray the champagne.

Even if it's his only win, it still is one more than these good drivers had--Amon, Warwick, Brundell, Blundell, Giacomelli, Gugelmin, Capelli, Johansson and Pryce had.

Pryce would have been World Champ in my opinion if not for a novice, misguided marshall... :(

Kudos Jarno!

ilferrari
05-25-04, 05:19 PM
Good post.

It's great to see Jarno finally get that elusive first win, much like Fishi did last year at Brazil. Still wish Fishi would have gotten to spray the champagne.

Even if it's his only win, it still is one more than these good drivers had--Amon, Warwick, Brundell, Blundell, Giacomelli, Gugelmin, Capelli, Johansson and Pryce had.

Pryce would have been World Champ in my opinion if not for a novice, misguided marshall... :(

Kudos Jarno!

Are you sure about Gugelmin? Not sure about Johansson, Giacomelli or Blundell either. I would put Stefano Modena on the list.

Dr. Corkski
05-25-04, 06:00 PM
From the first few races it looked like Trulli has finally rid himself of the one-lap wonder label, definitely a well-deserved win.

It will be interesting to see how Alonso responds now that Trulli has up the ante.