PDA

View Full Version : The IRL fan from H*ll

pkvracing12
05-24-04, 03:04 PM
Ive been meaning to post this story but I keep forgetting so hear you go.
I was driving in Indianapolis in my semi When this guy starts riding my tale Well I have a bridgstone presents the champ car world series powerd by ford sticker on my trailer and one on my front bumper. This guy pulls up next and yells CART sucks IRL rules. her cuts me off and has his wale of a girlfriend flash me. So I give him the finger and he keeps slamming on his brakes right in front of me. So I started getting pissed becuase this guy is making it unsafe to be on the road. Well anyways I kept on driving and he keeps slowing down to get behind me to ride my tale. then speed up and cut me off.
I hit a stop light and was behind me again so I rolled my window up and locked the doors. So The light turned green and I went luckily the idiot turned right. I get to the loading dock and when I was opening my trailer door there were IRL Indy Car Series stickers covering my champ car stickers.
Needless to say I was hot So I made a temporaly fix i took a black sharpie marker and I drew a circle and a line going threw like a no smoking sign thing.
But anyways I can't find a new CCWS sticker And I scraped off my old sticker with the crapwagon sticker on top of it. I HATE INDYIANAPOLIS!

Audi_A4
05-24-04, 03:06 PM
Ive been meaning to post this story but I keep forgetting so hear you go.
I was driving in Indianapolis in my semi When this guy starts riding my tale Well I have a bridgstone presents the champ car world series powerd by ford sticker on my trailer and one on my front bumper. This guy pulls up next and yells CART sucks IRL rules. her cuts me off and has his wale of a girlfriend flash me. So I give him the finger and he keeps slamming on his brakes right in front of me. So I started getting pissed becuase this guy is making it unsafe to be on the road. Well anyways I kept on driving and he keeps slowing down to get behind me to ride my tale. then speed up and cut me off.
I hit a stop light and was behind me again so I rolled my window up and locked the doors. So The light turned green and I went luckily the idiot turned right. I get to the loading dock and when I was opening my trailer door there were IRL Indy Car Series stickers covering my champ car stickers.
Needless to say I was hot So I made a temporaly fix i took a black sharpie marker and I drew a circle and a line going threw like a no smoking sign thing.
But anyways I can't find a new CCWS sticker And I scraped off my old sticker with the crapwagon sticker on top of it. I HATE INDYIANAPOLIS!

hahahaha, for real? what an idiot fan

Sean O'Gorman
05-24-04, 03:11 PM
Defender lives in Indy?

KLang
05-24-04, 03:17 PM
Defender lives in Indy?

Must have been a cable installer convention in town.

Chief
05-24-04, 03:46 PM
Hey pkvracing12, start carrying an axe handle under your seat, that'll deter potential grafitti artists and the FTG youth hit squads.

I was on a bus trip to see the Milwaukee Admirals play the Rochester Americans and some little dweeb starts talking Indy 500 in the seat in front of me. My ears perked and I interupted his conversation by strongly pointing out the hypocrisy in everything the 500 is and has become under FTG's leadership. The dude's a blind lemming follower and I rebutted each and every one of his claims. He eventually slunked down into his seat and shut his mouth as he knew I had my ***** together on the subject.

On the ride home, the little loser puked all over himself and passed out, stinking up the whole bus. Quite an army you got there FTG...

racer2c
05-24-04, 03:53 PM
I've never met an IRL fan in person. What's that say about Tony's Tantrum?

Rob
05-24-04, 03:58 PM
Was it a red Gremlin with faded TOney STewert bumperstickers?

Hot Rod Otis
05-24-04, 04:50 PM
I sat next to an IRL fan from h3ll last year @ the IRL 500. The only time the guy shut his yap was when he flossed his teeth(I kid you not). Kept raving on about how Tony "saved" the 500. How there were to many foreign drivers. At the time Brazilians were running 1-2. :laugh: What a moron.

Madmaxfan2
05-24-04, 04:52 PM
Defender would have been proud.

ferrarigod
05-24-04, 04:55 PM
I sat next to an IRL fan from h3ll last year @ the IRL 500. The only time the guy shut his yap was when he flossed his teeth(I kid you not). Kept raving on about how Tony "saved" the 500. How there were to many foreign drivers. At the time Brazilians were running 1-2. :laugh: What a moron.

What on Gods green earth we you thinking when you went to the fihunnert??

Hot Rod Otis
05-24-04, 05:02 PM
What on Gods green earth we you thinking when you went to the fihunnert??

Momentary lapse of judgement. :laugh: :laugh: I got family in Indy, I'm an expat Hoosier, and I hadn't been home in a while, so I figured, what they h3ll. I shoulda known better. I went in '02 as well and after watching PT get hosed I shouldn't have gone back. Don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon. I'll be at the USGP in 3 weeks though.

Ankf00
05-24-04, 06:05 PM
me either, although i saw someone with a speadgear penske shirt 3 years ago in solid mechanics sitting in front of me with an outline profile of the buttplug car, it made engineering wimen look attractive.

fourrunner
05-24-04, 06:09 PM
It was smart of you to Roll Up your windows & Lock the Doors....

Most of the so called Male IRL Fans would have had their "Whale Woman Folk" pull you out of the Car and hold you down while they recreated the Ned Beatty "Seeweeeee" scene from" Deliverance", as they are want to do! They brag about it all the time at TF ! But it's mostly schoolyards there talking about :eek:

Spicoli
05-24-04, 06:15 PM
Does "Camp & Brew" ring a bell? Man are those people ugly.

And please don;t hate everyone here in Indy. :)

lone_groover
05-24-04, 06:35 PM
Stupid AND vicious. Just like I*L fans (and their ol' ladies) on Jerry Springer.

:shakehead

RaceChic
05-24-04, 07:12 PM
NASCAR fans, in my own personal experience and opinion, are not any better. :rolleyes:

dando
05-24-04, 08:15 PM
Sounds like one of dem indy inishiashuns I done red about. BiF would knows better'n me.

-Kevin

Railbird
05-24-04, 09:26 PM
Being from Indy I'm halfway suprised you ran into an IRL fan, most of the locals seem to follow NASCAR.

I think the scene created by the Stewart/Foyt spoof pretty much pointed that out.

I didn't notice past champ BuddyL drawing much of a crowd when he limped into the field with his last minute deal.

I wear Champ gear of some sort or the other all over town and seldom draw a second glance.

Spicoli
05-24-04, 09:44 PM
I wore my PT Woreld Champ T-Shirt to the Hickyard last Sunday. Not one person said anything. And I was all over the pits.

No one cares. No one knows anything.

And the media is just crap here. Rail - did you see the GomerStar this monring?

That Stewart ***** made the daMN FROPNT PAGE!

How fiooked up is THAT? :saywhat: The guy who "didn;t even try" made the front page.

Makes me wanna go **** in somebody's yard again. :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
05-24-04, 09:58 PM
Shoulda brake checked the preek. Of course that would have made a smudge on your bumper :D

Chaos
05-24-04, 10:29 PM
Being from Indy I'm halfway suprised you ran into an IRL fan, most of the locals seem to follow NASCAR.

Hey Railbird, why do you think that is? I mean, the Indy 500 is the main attraction of the town i imagine. So how come the IRL and Indy are less recognized than NASCAR?

SteveH
05-24-04, 10:50 PM
Live in NW Indiana, late Sat. afternoon I'm at the grocery store and see this guy wearing a 24 hours of LeMans T shirt. As I walk by him I point to his shirt and say that's a race I'd really like to go to. He says he's never been there but he's going to the Indy 500 next weekend. I just kept on walking.

Be careful, they're in disquise. :shakehead

FanofMario
05-24-04, 11:20 PM
I wore my PT Woreld Champ T-Shirt to the Hickyard last Sunday. Not one person said anything. And I was all over the pits.

No one cares. No one knows anything.

And the media is just crap here. Rail - did you see the GomerStar this monring?

That Stewart ***** made the daMN FROPNT PAGE!

How fiooked up is THAT? The guy who "didn;t even try" made the front page.

Makes me wanna go **** in somebody's yard again.
Spicoli

No doubt. Nobody seems to even question the decline here---why is that? Miller is the only guy to really point out how bad things are. FTG diluted a confused city with his events to the point that even locals have given up. :shakehead

RTKar
05-25-04, 07:36 AM
Live in NW Indiana, late Sat. afternoon I'm at the grocery store and see this guy wearing a 24 hours of LeMans T shirt. As I walk by him I point to his shirt and say that's a race I'd really like to go to. He says he's never been there but he's going to the Indy 500 next weekend. I just kept on walking.

Be careful, they're in disquise. :shakehead

Invasion of the Body Snatchers :eek: :saywhat: :eek:

Clown
05-25-04, 09:20 AM
Fuging gomers :thumdown:

racer2c
05-25-04, 10:26 AM
Did you catch the gomer on Wind Tunnel last night? He said Indy doesn't need the "CART guys" and that Greg Ray and Simmons (whoever that is), is better than any of those "CART guys". I almost choked on my beer. He seemed perfectly content with no bumping and no drama. Moron.

bdogg187
05-25-04, 10:56 AM

Same here. The only thing most people in the south know about Indy Cars is that "them things is fast."

Mr. Vengeance
05-25-04, 11:20 AM
Did you get a good look at him? Did he look like this?

http://www.ice-tech.com/Foyt%20AJ%205x5.JPG

The behavior seems about right.

Madmaxfan2
05-25-04, 11:48 AM
Anybody have a picture of Defender?

Steve99
05-25-04, 12:01 PM
Not sure what type of sticker you had, but SpeedGear (http://www.speedgear.com/orders/SGF1_Detail_Listing.cfm?itemnumber=CT3976&selecttype=Series&byseries=IC) still has several kinds for sale. Maybe you need to get a static cling one for the inside of your window for safekeeping? :)

Railbird
05-25-04, 08:43 PM
Hey Railbird, why do you think that is?

imo

There was already a strong stockcar base here in my section of the midwest, From Michigan and Wisconsin on down through Indiana, Kentucky and Tenessee stockcars have had a big following. Trickle, Marcus, Kulwicki drew a lot of eyes south.

During one of TG's visions it suddenly dawned on him that with a few cosmetic changes he could kick the gates open one more time a year and rake in a bazillion dollars.

So far so good

Then in another not so lucid moment of thought he decided he needed to gut the Indianapolis 500.

The fans noticed.

BNica
05-26-04, 06:04 PM
Once at a bar here, I noticed this one dweeb sitting alone at the bar wearing a sweatshirt with a big ole Roadster on it. I made some mention of the car to him, and prolly said something like "thats when they had real cars at Indy". So he goes on to say what great cars.....bla...bla...bla The then-girlfriend got kind of impatient and we walked away, where I informed her that she had met her first Gomer

Railbird
05-26-04, 07:48 PM
Hey now, roadster were cool.

as were D50 Lancias

as long as you understand that they had their era and it's not now.

JoeBob
05-26-04, 08:04 PM
Did you catch the gomer on Wind Tunnel last night? He said Indy doesn't need the "CART guys" and that Greg Ray and Simmons (whoever that is), is better than any of those "CART guys". I almost choked on my beer. He seemed perfectly content with no bumping and no drama. Moron.

Ignoring for a moment that both Greg Ray and Jeff Simmons drove in the CART Sanctioned Indy Lights series for the evil Team Green.

pkvracing12
05-26-04, 09:13 PM
I finally got me some new stickers!!!! My Mom had a few from cleveland and she gave them to me!