PDA

View Full Version : What I liked about spike this time

pkvracing12
05-23-04, 07:37 PM
I thought it was a lot better then last time. I liked to see Jon Beekus back on pit road, I liked that they showed more of the field in the back and they did not show much of dangerous curves. Jenkins Still was BAD but he didnt mess up on names as much. Plus they showed Bronte she Is HOTTTTT :)

Insomniac
05-23-04, 08:06 PM
I thought it was a lot better then last time. I liked to see Jon Beekus back on pit road, I liked that they showed more of the field in the back and they did not show much of dangerous curves. Jenkins Still was BAD but he didnt mess up on names as much. Plus they showed Bronte she Is HOTTTTT :)

They never showed her on the track like they advertised. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss it.

Chaos
05-23-04, 08:11 PM
good pit reporting.

the final package was a little rough, which is not acceptable considering it's a produced show.

Jenkins was better than LB.

Insomniac
05-23-04, 08:25 PM
good pit reporting.

the final package was a little rough, which is not acceptable considering it's a produced show.

Jenkins was better than LB.

Jon was excited down there!

KLang
05-23-04, 08:56 PM
Jon was excited down there!

:thumbup: Nobody covers a pitstop with more enthousiasm then Jon. I hope he is back for good.

RaceGrrl
05-23-04, 09:21 PM
Agreed about Jan. He's great in the pits. He needs to be on the regular broadcast team.

JoeBob
05-23-04, 10:01 PM
I'll take Jon over Daly in the pits any day. I like Calvin Fish, but Rick Benjamin did a pretty good job as well.

Jenkins was better, but it the commentary almost sounded like an overdub done after the fact. Jenkins talked a lot more about the drivers than the actual on track action. Perhaps that was direction from above?

Shamus
05-23-04, 10:28 PM
Ok, TV Azteca blew it so many times I think TK and Jenkins both had to bite their tongues - not Spikes fault.

Spike is trying to educate a new fan base and get them pumped, so I don't mind seeing some of the fluff-stuff that I already know, but repeating it does get a little old, and it's unforgivable to do it during green flag portions of the race!

And as for Jenks, well I got to hand it to him, he did MUCH better than at LB. He was better prepared, almost making it a point to go through the entire field name by name, and he was actually excited during moments of the broadcast today (probably as excited sounding as Bob gets :D ) All in all, he was noticably better... no Varsha, but better.