PDA

View Full Version : Spike is Killin' Me!

CARTNUT
05-23-04, 05:17 PM
WAAAYYYYYYYYY TOO MANY COMMERCIALS so far!

And, I understand they are getting the Mexican feed from TV Azteca, but then to put in the Mario Dominguez fluff piece and the "Anatomy of a Pit Stop" during the little bit of green flag racing we've been shown so far, is just criminal.

There's been some great racing with Tagliani and Dominguez coming up from the back of the grid, SHOW IT TO US!!!

JEEEEEEEEZ's :mad:

Rogue Leader
05-23-04, 05:22 PM
they keep missing a LOT of important stuff, like when Tag passed PT and Justin Wilson in 1 shot...

GRR!

Insomniac
05-23-04, 06:10 PM
they keep missing a LOT of important stuff, like when Tag passed PT and Justin Wilson in 1 shot...

GRR!

I really wanted to know how he pulled that move off. It must've been insane with PT and Wislon so close.

Insomniac
05-23-04, 06:12 PM
WAAAYYYYYYYYY TOO MANY COMMERCIALS

The commercials didn't seem excessive to me. I caught up to the live broadcast with about 20 mins left. So, by my math, that was 100 mins straight for 130 mins of TV. So the ratio was close to 3:1 and the normal average is 8 mins for every 30 which would be on par.

Cart4Live2003
05-23-04, 06:23 PM
and also about showing you certain battles and how Tags or whoever got passed who.. you have to thank TV Azteca for that.. they are the host country station and that is who Spike got their feed from..

Chief
05-23-04, 07:07 PM
I'm sick of the fluff vinettes of the drivers at home etc., while there is racing going on. iIt is criminal. Race Director is great (especially when they put Jeremy Shaw's feed over the video). JENKINS STINKS...

Insomniac
05-23-04, 08:03 PM
Reusing DC stuff really bothers me. I've seen it already!

L1P1
05-23-04, 08:27 PM
Bob "Sominex" Jenkins has got to go. I've seen more excitement in a basset hound.

During the Speed TV F1 broadcasts, Hobbs & Daly literally scream and moan when any car goes off. Jenkins says something like "Here we see Mario Dominguez who has got off the course somehow."

Railbird
05-23-04, 08:40 PM
The amount of commercials didn't bother me, gotta do what ya gotta do, but the sidebar BS during green flag racing sucks

I thought Bitchin' Bob improved this week but I was sitting with the group and might have missed some massive gaffes.

I'm getting ready to rewatch it.

KLang
05-23-04, 08:51 PM
Not much point in watching DC if they show everything again during the race. Time for an email to the new head honchos.

nrc
05-23-04, 09:34 PM
The most action in a ChampCar race for a while and most of it seemed to be missed. How much of that was because of the "host broadcaster"? Probably most. I can see sidebar pieces during green flag racing if there's nobody in contact, but not if there's actual racing going on. It's a shame, becuase overall I think the sidebar pieces have been good this year.

Railbird
05-23-04, 10:14 PM
just not a very good prodution when you get right down to it, the race looked like it might have been very interesting if properly presented.

It's a brand new deal though so I figure you have to suffer through some growng pains.

solpadeine
05-23-04, 11:13 PM
The thing that bugged me the most was the number of times they went green while the announcers continued on with their conversation. It really made the on-track action feel like a background to their conversation. Get Jon on the horn screaming "Green! Green! Green!" or something. It was hard to get worked up about the race while it was going on. The F1 broadcasts, and even Paul Page get me going more.

RTKar
05-23-04, 11:16 PM
At least with a lot of commercials it gives you plenty of time to get something to drink and eat, and make a bathroom stop without missing any of the action that the broadcast misses.