PDA

View Full Version : DC- Rick Benjamin and Tommy Kendall

Rogue Leader
05-23-04, 02:03 PM
Rick Benjamin and TK were together in the booth on Dangerous Curves... Hey hes no Bob Varsha but better than Bob Jenkins. Hmmmm guess we'll find out at 4

sundaydriver2
05-23-04, 02:09 PM
A cardboard cutout of Jabba The Hut would be better than Bob Jenkins.

Cart4Live2003
05-23-04, 02:18 PM
yah but lets see if this is a permanent thing.. it could just be cause baghdad bob was already contracted to the inny fi hunnert for the month before he signed on with ccws.. one could only hope though..

but did you also notice.. Jon Beekhus(sp?) did the interview of Bourdais.. interresting.. veeeery interresting.. (klink voice)

RaceChic
05-23-04, 02:27 PM
Looking forward to this race even more now..... :D

Spicoli
05-23-04, 02:44 PM
Jenks sucks.

Cam
05-23-04, 02:48 PM
but did you also notice.. Jon Beekhus(sp?) did the interview of Bourdais.. interresting.. veeeery interresting.. (klink voice)

Klink? (http://www.pccruisers.com/klink.mp3) :D

Chief
05-23-04, 03:01 PM
Benjamin is a pro and showed it in the DC promo. His enthusiasm in the 30 sec. piece was more than Jenks in a whole weekend.

(strangely when I hear RB's voice I think of ASA racing on TNN. Ick....)

Rogue Leader
05-23-04, 06:03 PM
oh well guess i was wrong.... jenkins was still there, he still sucked, but at least he pronounced the names right...

Insomniac
05-23-04, 06:05 PM
We all hoped, but Jenks was still in the booth. Admittedly he did a better job. But compared to the enthusiasm from Jon and TK's knowledge, he still has a long way to go. His enthusiasm didn't sound genuine.

On a side note on DC. Bronte really needs a speech coach. The constant pausing mid-sentence and head movement is a little annoying.

Sean O'Gorman
05-23-04, 09:06 PM
Rick Benjamin's voice always reminds me of stock car racing, but I've seen the guy around Mid-Ohio when hes not doing work so hes OK with me.

4wheeldrifter
05-24-04, 07:46 AM
Jenks sucks.

Understatement of the year. A corpse would add more excitement (and insight) to the race.

My wife axed me who this Rick Benjamin (sp?) guy was, thought he sounded familiar. Then I realized he was a pit guy for Nastycar when we used to do that cr@p. I couldn't get that out of my head. Every time he spoke I expected him to say "I'm in the Earnhardt pits and...".

Great to see the Beeker back. :thumbup:

RaceCat
05-24-04, 01:30 PM
Rick Benjamin's voice always reminds me of stock car racing, but I've seen the guy around Mid-Ohio when hes not doing work so hes OK with me.

I really liked the guy! He impressed me. He was very professional and descriptive. He knew what he was talking about and all in all did some great work. Anyone, anyone at all would be better then Bob Jenkins!

RaceCat

ferrarigod
05-24-04, 03:11 PM
On a side note on DC. Bronte really needs a speech coach. The constant pausing mid-sentence and head movement is a little annoying.

I'm sorry was she talking??? I was too busy drooling, mute must have been on, didn't notice :gomer:

lone_groover
05-24-04, 06:13 PM
I HATE Rick Benjamin ALMOST as much as I hate Jenkinz.

The guy have been toein' the I*L line, Rocky Burnett-style, since day one. Even on the web, where presumably, he don't get paid for his retarded opinions.

moron :thumdown:

:mad:

Insomniac
05-25-04, 08:22 AM
I'm sorry was she talking??? I was too busy drooling, mute must have been on, didn't notice :gomer:

Hehehe. Trust me, that's the reason I don't change the channel. ;)

BNica
05-25-04, 07:09 PM
Rick Benjamin would be fine in the announcers booth.

Jenks is a:gomer: