PDA

View Full Version : Up and at 'em

Railbird
05-23-04, 07:50 AM
The King Hell concrete canyon is just about to go lights out.

Willl the R24s "lauch" into a one-two advantage?

Will BoyBand finally break his duck?

Will Ralfie make it to lap two?

will I quit asking stupid questions?

stay tuned

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 08:07 AM
The King Hell concrete canyon is just about to go lights out.

Willl the R24s "lauch" into a one-two advantage?

Will BoyBand finally break his duck?

Will Ralfie make it to lap two?

will I quit asking stupid questions?

stay tuned

Yes
English?
Yes, but bent
Only you know

:)

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 08:08 AM
Botched start... that'll get the nerves boiling at the front of the grid! I predict a massive pile-up...

Railbird
05-23-04, 08:12 AM
Panis is junk

Railbird
05-23-04, 08:13 AM
Sato!

RTKar
05-23-04, 08:17 AM
oh my...

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 08:18 AM
Sato!

Fisi! He's fine... Coulthard checked up, Fisi didn't it seems.

RTKar
05-23-04, 08:19 AM
Why wasn't Sato flagged?

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 08:20 AM
Why wasn't Sato flagged?

Car wasn't broken... I remember DC running around Monaco with puffs of smoke, and they had just over-filled the oil, he ended up finishing and I believe winning.

Rogue Leader
05-23-04, 08:21 AM
Sato is gonna nead some guards, because after that someones gonna wanna whack him...

Railbird
05-23-04, 08:21 AM
Honda probably should have called him in, but hindsight is always 20/20.

everyone is OK and Schumi is still not leading.

Rogue Leader
05-23-04, 08:22 AM
when Klein crashed I noticed the nose cone bent over... I can only wonder if those course workers are scouring that pavement for that diamond now!

cart7
05-23-04, 08:23 AM
Talk about driving through the fog. I saw Kimi get through but how did Shumi?? Unbelievable.

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 08:24 AM
Am I mistaken, or is this the first Safety Car period of the year?

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 08:27 AM
Way to go Juan!!!

Railbird
05-23-04, 08:28 AM
I believe it is the first SC appearance of the year.

Juancho is on the charge

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 08:41 AM
Pit stops.. Juan was way early...

RTKar
05-23-04, 08:42 AM
Car wasn't broken... I remember DC running around Monaco with puffs of smoke, and they had just over-filled the oil, he ended up finishing and I believe winning.

Thought about that but he was holding up traffic big time as well...at least they could have thrown the move your arse over flag...

RTKar
05-23-04, 08:47 AM
Empty seats?...everyone must be going to Bump Day instead ;)

Railbird
05-23-04, 08:48 AM
They're all heading to The Ale Emporium for the ChampCar race

Railbird
05-23-04, 08:50 AM
Schumi third after first stops

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 08:52 AM
Schumi third after first stops

He's just amazing. Those laps he put in after Button pitted were incredible.

Rogue Leader
05-23-04, 08:53 AM
He's just amazing. Those laps he put in after Button pitted were incredible.

Trulli is flying now... he knows schumi is on the move like that.

RTKar
05-23-04, 08:53 AM
Exciting race...why aren't y'all in chat?

Railbird
05-23-04, 08:55 AM
if the chat addy isn't right in front of me I couldn't find it with a bloodhound and a flashlight

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 08:58 AM
Exciting race...why aren't y'all in chat?

Clicked on the Chat link, got a not found error.

RTKar
05-23-04, 09:01 AM
Clicked on the Chat link, got a not found error.

That needs to be fixed.....I use X-Chat.

http://connect.to/xchat

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 09:05 AM
Where's Rubens? He's hopeless...

Railbird
05-23-04, 09:05 AM
Jens closing the gap

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 09:10 AM
DC being interviewed on ITV, some pretty scathing words for BAR and Sato...

Alonso is OFF!!!

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 09:11 AM
I love that... he's wiping out and giving Ralf the finger at the same time... :)

Railbird
05-23-04, 09:13 AM
Alfonso screwd the pooch on that one

extramundane
05-23-04, 09:13 AM
Gotta love Monaco...always a war of attrition.

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I understand his frustration, it must drive you nuts to crash while lapping someone...

But clearly his fault, Sato crashed a Jordan in the tunnel when he pulled over to let his teammate by! The tunnel's not a good place to be side-by-side.

extramundane
05-23-04, 09:18 AM
Whoa! Schumacher!

Railbird
Scumi is three wheelin

jonovision_man
Schuey is out!!!

Holy crap!

The tunnel takes another victim!

Rogue Leader
HOLY crap what just happened to schumi!

RTKar
Yes!!! :thumbup: There oughta be a good argument over this one...

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 09:20 AM
What a screw up...

Don't think that was Juan's fault, he locked it up pretty clearly.

Railbird
05-23-04, 09:21 AM
not too sure the car didn't break and trigger this deal

Rogue Leader
05-23-04, 09:22 AM
looked like jp was trying to get inside of him... dunno why, unless he didnt expect that braking maneuver and had nowhere to go...

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 09:23 AM
not too sure the car didn't break and trigger this deal

Could be. Michael doesn't usually make mistakes... although his temper tantrum in the pit lane suggests he thinks Juan was responsible.

Railbird
05-23-04, 09:25 AM
Helmet tossing!

got to love that.

In Schumi's case it's always someone elses fault

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 09:25 AM
I just heard on ITV that according to Juan on the radio he "almost sounded sorry", he said he didn't know what Michael was doing... Michael apparantly suddenly hit his brakes and squeezed him, he said he had nowhere to go.

anait
05-23-04, 09:26 AM
Temporary link/instructions:

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/chat/chat1.html

click yes when it asks to load jpilot software...

when the login screen comes up:

Change your name from jpilot to what you want...

Change the channel from jpilot to offcamber

Change the server name from irc.jpilot.com to irc.different.net

Click connect now.

Rogue Leader
05-23-04, 10:01 AM
WOOO HOO GO TRULLI ! :cool:

JT265
05-23-04, 10:30 AM
Never underestimate a JT!!! :thumbup:

Who's in for the "buy Juancho a beer deal"? :D

Badger
05-23-04, 10:34 AM
Some thoughts on the tunnel incidents:

MS was probably just trying to get some heat in the fronts, or playing games so he could get a jump on the restart, and it caught Juan out.

I don't believe Alfonso was at fault. Ralf didn't accelerate at 100% otherwise Alfonso could not of even attemped passing there. Ralf was trying to let Alfonso by. Unfortunately, by Ralf slowing there, it forced Alfonso wide and onto the marbles. All Ralph had to do was accelerate normally and then let Alfonso by going into the corner after the tunnel.

ilferrari
05-23-04, 11:10 AM

MS was probably just trying to get some heat in the fronts, or playing games so he could get a jump on the restart, and it caught Juan out.

I don't believe Alfonso was at fault. Ralf didn't accelerate at 100% otherwise Alfonso could not of even attemped passing there. Ralf was trying to let Alfonso by. Unfortunately, by Ralf slowing there, it forced Alfonso wide and onto the marbles. All Ralph had to do was accelerate normally and then let Alfonso by going into the corner after the tunnel.

Ralf seemed to be going very slowly... In the interview Alonso said Ralf lifted then accelerated again and was not complimentary at all...

Insomniac
05-23-04, 11:13 AM

Ralf was having engine problems, I don't think he was slowing to let Alonso by. Alonso screwed up ttying to pull that pass off instead of waiting a couple turns. Ralf was moving for everyone.

Insomniac
05-23-04, 11:14 AM
Sucks for MS. He wouldn't have won though. Truli and Button made it to the end. That was crazy though. Probably lost 6 points.

ilferrari
05-23-04, 11:28 AM
Fisichella was so lucky aswell. You really do not want a car to become inverted on a street circuit. Sato not only jumped the start and did his usual aggressive driving but was driving a car that was obviously going to grenade itself in a big way. http://f1.forum.racing-live.com/smileys/11.gif http://f1.forum.racing-live.com/smileys/10.gif

By the way, really pleased for Trulli.... an underrated and unlucky driver http://f1.forum.racing-live.com/smileys/12.gif

Methanolandbrats
05-23-04, 11:44 AM
Great Race! Banzai start by Sato. Schumi and Trulli trading fast laps as they threw it through that FAST chicane. Fred's brainfade. Button chasing the Hippie in the final laps. And if nothing broke the Schumi and Monty incident was probably a racing incident even though they were behind the safety car. Schumi booted it to get heat in the tires, Monty in turn booted it, Schumi was closing on the safety car and nailed the brakes, Monty was on it and ducked to the inside....the old accordian deal. :thumbup: for that GP. BTW that course is the most dangerous track in the World. Can you imagine the carnage if Sato's motor had blown halfway through the tunnel :eek: I don't think there is a catch fence on the outside of the track in the tunnel and it's entirely possible a car could be launched into those support pillars at 150 mph. F1 talks about leading the racing World in safety, but the catchfencing at Monaco needs serious work before someone is killed in the tunnel or launched into the side of a building.

Insomniac
05-23-04, 01:13 PM
While watching Sato's car smoke, all I could think was how were they letting him stay out there and when that thing goes, I hope no one is hurt. Personally, I'm surprised the Coulthard/Fiscichella incident was the only thing to happen.

RTKar
05-23-04, 01:28 PM
My favorite race of the year in any series. This one especially, was worth waking up early for.

RaceChic
05-23-04, 01:28 PM
I missed this dang race, and after hearing how good it was for the first time this whole F1 season.... it's the one darn time that F1 has no replay on TSN !!! :flame:

:(

Kahauna Dreamer
05-23-04, 01:50 PM
While watching Sato's car smoke, all I could think was how were they letting him stay out there and when that thing goes, I hope no one is hurt. Personally, I'm surprised the Coulthard/Fiscichella incident was the only thing to happen.

That was the most suddenly "unsighted" accident since Nazareth in CART a few yearts ago; Tag spun but didn't stall, and booted it (I think). Jimmy Vasser went to the outside and got through safely, much like Kimi did today.
I am just thankful that nobody was hurt

4wheeldrifter
05-23-04, 01:56 PM
The blowup reminded me of Lil Al's going into Canada corner a few years back. Scary stuff if you're behind Sato.

This was a great race to watch due to the drama. Great late lap shootout too. Gonna record the replay tonight. Awesome. Only wish Schumi could have hung on and fought it out honestly with Trulli and Button at the end. Of course, I'm still glad a he|| that Trulli won. Congrats. :thumbup:

jonovision_man
05-23-04, 05:38 PM
I missed this dang race, and after hearing how good it was for the first time this whole F1 season.... it's the one darn time that F1 has no replay on TSN !!! :flame:

:(

Try catching the replay on Speed, they don't usually black it out in Canada.

de Bruhl is gone :) So it's not terrible, Matchett is very good, Hobbs less so.

tomahawk
05-23-04, 05:41 PM
A great race - exciting start, action and pit strategy, jello brains and a chase to the finish...what else do you want?

DC was slower through the Sato mess than anyone...he was right behind Rubens before the incident but two cars emerged from the smoke after Rubens but before DC...

Don't know why Fred had to pass Half in the tunnel rather than going into the chicane...gotta like Fred flipping him off as he ping-pongs between the barriers!

Re: MS and JPM - looked to me like Schumacher tried to brake-check Zorro - why else lock-up the fronts! Especially in the tunnel where your eyes are adjusting to the light change...I blame Michael...

...Only wish Schumi could have hung on and fought it out honestly with Trulli and Button at the end...
I don't think that he would have been there...Trulli and Button made it to the end, Schumacher had another pit stop to make as he didn't pit under the safety car...in fact, I bet he wishes he did!

Congrats to Jarno (and Jenson for that matter) on a great race!!

:tomahawk

:tomahawk

RaceChic
05-23-04, 05:45 PM
Try catching the replay on Speed, they don't usually black it out in Canada.

I just found that out. :gomer:

I'm plugged in at 9:00pm, EST. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
05-23-04, 08:25 PM
Puffy was just getting ready for next year. If Uncle Ron's boys keep it up the only want Puffy will get to 4th place is by punting out leading cars while being a lap down.

JT265
05-24-04, 09:33 AM
Puffy was just getting ready for next year. If Uncle Ron's boys keep it up the only want Puffy will get to 4th place is by punting out leading cars while being a lap down.

That "I'm gonna climb down off this really high horse I ride long enough to inform the no-talent peons" deal you have going on is stale.

Really stale. If you would be so kind as to post the telemetry traces that Ross Brawn has you plugged into, maybe you could show us, the great unwashed were Juan screwed up.

You see, from here in the dregs, it looked like a racing deal.

Your agenda may vary of course.

oddlycalm
05-24-04, 12:41 PM
Great drive by both Trulli and Button in a very tough race. No major mistakes with all the lapped traffic and the various incidents is a minor miracle in itself.

Well, the Ferrari suspension didn't break as some speculated, it was simply MS doing a brake check in a slippery tunnel. Poor choice of location to do it, on the other hand, JP should have been ready for him to do that on the lap the pace car was coming in. The stewards called it a no fault race incident, so it appears that's the end of it.

"I was accelerating and braking just as we do when we go to the grid and in the standard way when running behind the safety car and the tunnel was not even the first place I had done it as I had done the same earlier in the lap"

DaMatta's penalty for not obeying the blue flags that were out for three laps was certainly not a great moment for him. Traffic is bad enough on a street course without those well off the pace not allowing the leaders to come throuh. Not sure what he was thinking or why the Toyota pits weren't telling him to yield.

oc

Dirty Sanchez
05-24-04, 02:34 PM
Didn't get to catch it until last night on TiVo (I think I set a personal record for longest amount of time after the live broadcast without getting the result spoiled by some outside source).

:thumbup:
Trulli/Renault getting it done. Brilliant qualifying lap too... his 2nd and 3rd sectors were flawless. He's always been good there and his committment through the swimming pool is second to none.

BAR! Jenson pushing, pushing at the end was pretty cool too. Got all warm and fuzzy over the prospects of a memorable last lap duel even if I realistically knew it probably wouldn't materialize. Sato was on it too... liked seeing that.

MS until his boneheaded move under yellow. Brainfade does not begin to describe what I witnessed yesterday. But up to that point he was mounting a pretty impressive charge... would have liked to see that play out to the end. Oh well... they are human sometimes I guess.

Track marshalls and corner workers deserve much respect too. Crazy bastiges took some pretty big risks yesterday...

:thumdown:
Shaguar :shakehead Just quit already.
Massa. Own3d by Fisi again. (4-2 Fisi on my scorecard)
McLaren. :saywhat:

Anteater
05-24-04, 02:48 PM
DaMatta's penalty for not obeying the blue flags that were out for three laps was certainly not a great moment for him. Traffic is bad enough on a street course without those well off the pace not allowing the leaders to come throuh. Not sure what he was thinking or why the Toyota pits weren't telling him to yield.

oc

That whole deal mystified me--any time I saw da Matta on-camera, he was way ahead of those behind him, and not holding anyone up. Oh well, at least he finally scored some points.

GO JARNO TRULLI! :thumbup:

Rogue Leader
05-24-04, 06:33 PM
MS until his boneheaded move under yellow. Brainfade does not begin to describe what I witnessed yesterday. But up to that point he was mounting a pretty impressive charge... would have liked to see that play out to the end. Oh well... they are human sometimes I guess.

What you mean MS is not GOD :eek:

:D :laugh:

RaceChic
05-24-04, 07:16 PM
Believe it or not, I'm only just now sitting down to watch the replay that I taped. :rofl:

Hink
05-26-04, 01:35 AM
Nice to see Montoya finally kick with the Shu and get penalized just like Shu would too.

The Sato punt at the start was great.

Buttmacher walking off all p!ssed, helmet in hand - priceless!

Robstar
05-26-04, 01:52 AM
Buttmacher walking off all p!ssed, helmet in hand - priceless!

& then the throwing of the helmet... now that was great television... :D

ferrarigod
05-26-04, 03:45 AM
Ralf was having engine problems, I don't think he was slowing to let Alonso by. Alonso screwed up ttying to pull that pass off instead of waiting a couple turns. Ralf was moving for everyone.

He wasn't just having engine problems, he had a serious gearbox malfunction from everything I read, and was stuck in 4th gear. Alonso was idiotic making a move there when he could have overtaken on the short straight inbetween the bridge and the next turn, or could have waited until the swimming pool area.

Totally Alonso's fault

ilferrari
05-26-04, 10:47 AM
He wasn't just having engine problems, he had a serious gearbox malfunction from everything I read, and was stuck in 4th gear. Alonso was idiotic making a move there when he could have overtaken on the short straight inbetween the bridge and the next turn, or could have waited until the swimming pool area.

Totally Alonso's fault

I think it was a bit of both. Ralf was clearly going very slowly, maybe Alonso wasn't aware of his problems. Ralf could have lifted much earlier to let him by not go slowly in the middle of the apex