PDA

View Full Version : Bumping will occur at Indy

Madmaxfan2
05-22-04, 04:45 PM
I took a look at the starting grid and qualifying list for tommorow, plus Richie Hearne's leased Penske (again), Buudy Lazier, and Robbie McGee, that is at least 34 drivers who have or intend to qualify. Tony can slip way again, and the gomers can explain that nothing is wrong.

RTKar
05-22-04, 04:58 PM
34 is only a number...I kind of figured it would happen....tg's under the table footsie made sure of it.

Opposite Lock
05-22-04, 05:09 PM
Dang, I though this thread was going to be about Scott "The Iceman" (bwahahaha!) Dixon backing into the pit wall under yellow.

FTG
05-22-04, 05:28 PM
I don't give a ****.

fourrunner
05-22-04, 05:42 PM
Betcha that extra car gets "Promoter Option"

How do you BEG for field fillers (that's all they are) and then tell 1 to go home :rolleyes:

Skater_36
05-22-04, 05:54 PM
Betcha that extra car gets "Promoter Option"

How do you BEG for field fillers (that's all they are) and then tell 1 to go home :rolleyes:

If Marty Roth is on the bubble he will be sacrificed to preserve the bump tradition. I don't think that he was begged to come fill the field, he's just a ride buyer trying to fullfill his dream but he's in WAY over his head. On the flip side isn't it nice to see the Japanese drivers getting a chance to race at Indy thanks to Tonys vision? ;) How about that crowd for todays Infiniti race? Thanks to TG's dilluting the product, interest in Indy is at an all time low.

fourrunner
05-22-04, 06:01 PM
If Marty Roth is on the bubble he will be sacrificed to preserve the bump tradition. I don't think that he was begged to come fill the field, he's just a ride buyer trying to fullfill his dream but he's in WAY over his head. On the flip side isn't it nice to see the Japanese drivers getting a chance to race at Indy thanks to Tonys vision? ;) How about that crowd for todays Infiniti race? Thanks to TG's dilluting the product, interest in Indy is at an all time low.

lol

I forgot about Marty Roth..... Poor Marty Roth !! ;)

Sean O'Gorman
05-22-04, 06:11 PM
34 cars doesn't necessarily mean bumping. 33 could fill the grid before Marty makes his qual attempt(s) and he most likely wont be fast enough to bump back in. Even he does get bumped, wheres the excitement in some guy getting blown away by 5 mph or whatever as the only bump? Wow real exciting, glad you got 34 TG. :rolleyes:

FanofMario
05-22-04, 06:20 PM
And to think, this drama will be played out in front of hundreds. :rolleyes: :gomer:

gerhard911
05-22-04, 06:51 PM
Hundreds ? :rolleyes:

More like a few dozen :gomer: 's

Hey BiF# we need a report :cool:

Methanolandbrats
05-22-04, 07:09 PM
WGAF X 1000................it does'nt matter anymore.

Napoleon
05-22-04, 07:31 PM
ZZZZzzzzz

Insomniac
05-22-04, 07:50 PM
*chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

Dr. Corkski
05-22-04, 11:14 PM
For a second I thought they got the Wu-Tang Clan to do the national anthem.

Winston Wolfe
05-23-04, 01:47 AM
They'll be some "bumping" going on up in the Owner's Suite, for sure.

Y'know, the kind iof bumping that involved a straw and a razor.....

Game Over, Tony....

You Lose.

You've succeeded in destroying it all....

sundaydriver2
05-23-04, 11:35 AM
What do you get when you have Crapwagon drivers who should not be in the "show" because they are too slow?
:gomer:

KobySon
05-23-04, 12:09 PM
They'll be some "bumping" going on up in the Owner's Suite, for sure.

Y'know, the kind iof bumping that involved a straw and a razor.....

Game Over, Tony....

You Lose.

You've succeeded in destroying it all....

Traditional bump-ups require a spoon. Another example of FTG putting a stiff one to tradition.

RaceChic
05-23-04, 01:32 PM
You mean "assisted funding via ToeKnee George" cars doing the slow versus slower symphony in front of The Pagoda? :rolleyes:

Whatever. :shakehead

Spicoli
05-23-04, 02:09 PM
Waaaaaa.

Cry me a river.

guaRANTEED NO fOYT BUMPAGE. ooopsie.

"promoter's option." :rolleyes:

RTKar
05-23-04, 02:51 PM
Everyone can go home now, there's nothing else to see here... :shakehead

cart7
05-23-04, 03:11 PM
Apparently in an interview, Jacque Lazier was told that if 33 cars try and make the field, a gentlemans agreement is in place to not bump.
:rolleyes:

At least someone's admitting it this year. :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
05-23-04, 10:37 PM
Think again.

Jag_Warrior
05-23-04, 11:19 PM
Roth? You mean Smarty Roth? He didn't make the cut for the Derby, but I'd put $10 bucks on him to place next week at Pimlico. He's been a little lame in the past, but I hear he's all healed up now.

Go Smarty Roth!

stymie
05-23-04, 11:34 PM
There was only one way the "Gentlemans" Agreement was going to be broken and J. Lazier given a chance to qualify and that was if Greg Ray was on the Bubble. Foyt would have sent Lazier out to Bump him. But with PDM on the Bubble taking the chance with the weather, an original IRL team was not going to be bumped; expecially if they have a chance to continue after Indy.

Madmaxfan2
05-24-04, 09:18 AM
I was wrong. ( Imagine that ) They could not even stage a show. I got an idea to save$$$$$. Cancel bump day. Better yet, since NASCAR is the model the IRL is supposedly based on, cancel pole day, cancel carburation day, and have single day qualification with only two laps the Friday before and be done with it. It's just another race.

Andrew Longman
05-24-04, 12:12 PM
It's just another race.

Apparently so. :shakehead

G.
05-24-04, 04:38 PM
So I wasn't paying much attention. Did anyone get bumped?

Rob
05-24-04, 04:56 PM
So I wasn't paying much attention. Did anyone get bumped?
Just the 500 getting bumped down another notch or two in significance.

Steve99
05-25-04, 11:45 AM
Just the 500 getting bumped down another notch or two in significance.

Is the IRL on the bubble yet?