PDA

View Full Version : News Flash!!!!

2DB
05-21-04, 04:21 PM
It's 3:15pm Friday and the "GOODYEAR" blimp is heading South over Georgetown Road. There must be something going on somewhere...

Kelvis

fourrunner
05-21-04, 05:22 PM
The Goodyear Blimp must have entered the Chip Ganassi lookalike contest at Indy! ;)

Railbird
05-21-04, 06:40 PM
just a shake down for August

Sean O'Gorman
05-21-04, 06:57 PM
Whats the big deal? The Goodyear blimp has flown over local auto-x events in the past.

datachicane
05-21-04, 07:04 PM
I was stalked by the Goodyear blimp one summer when I was 17.
Scared the ***** out of me, buzzing in tight circles over my house all night, following me to my girlfriend's house and work during the day...
:D

pchall
05-22-04, 09:57 AM
I once raced the Goodyear blimp from Kingston to Ottawa. I lost.

Railbird
05-22-04, 10:20 AM
my dogs bark at the damn thing as it lumbers by.

Too big and too wierd for them I guess

Madmaxfan2
05-22-04, 11:02 AM
Maybe Firestone is about to be replaced by Goodyear as the sole tire supplier of the IRL. Better yet, Bridgestone/Firestone decided to quit because the IRL is such a marketing disaster. After all, trying to rebuild the reputation of the Firestone brand is not going to be helped by a racing series in which the cars fly off the track. The crapwagons resemble the SUV's in that category. As a matter of fact. I have not seen much promotion by Firestone concerning the race this year. What timing, on race day or Carb day with the blimp right over the track, Freddie Nation spins about the IRL and Goodyear begining a "historic" relationship. Vision version # 2,000,963. :gomer: