PDA

View Full Version : Left v. Right

Napoleon
12-29-02, 08:00 AM
hand that is. Which are you?

mapguy
12-30-02, 01:09 PM
Damn. I voted before I read the message. I thought that this was a political thread. :gomer:

RichK
12-30-02, 01:24 PM
Depends on what I'm doing. ;)

RHR_Fan
10-04-06, 08:30 PM
Speaking of post counts...

~Nicole

PS--> Yes I'm kind of bored, which is why I am "bumping" this :D

Lizzerd
10-04-06, 08:47 PM
A guy I played baseball with in High School, our first baseman, threw and batted right handed, but he wrote with his left. Odd.

I had a math professor in college that would face the blackboard and begin writing with his left hand, then without moving, put the chalk in his right hand and continue. Anybody else remember chalk boards?

Dang, this thread is OLD.

racer2c
10-04-06, 08:55 PM
I do everything right handed except shoot pool. Kinda wierd.

I'm also goofy footed when wakeboarding, but can do it non-goofy footed also.

dando
10-04-06, 09:48 PM
A guy I played baseball with in High School, our first baseman, threw and batted right handed, but he wrote with his left. Odd.

I had a math professor in college that would face the blackboard and begin writing with his left hand, then without moving, put the chalk in his right hand and continue. Anybody else remember chalk boards?

Takes one to know one. :p

Yeah, my step dad is kinda the same way....bats both ways, golfs lefty...'cept putting, when he puts righty. :confused:

-Kevin

tllips
10-04-06, 10:11 PM
I'm right handed in everything except hockey. I shoot left on skates. :\

Cam
10-04-06, 10:20 PM

1979... July... NASA was predicticting Skylab to fall out of orbit and llitter itself across the Western 1/2 of Oz.

We would go into each classrom and the first thing we would do is draw in chalk a skylab target on the blackboard. I wish we had got a pic of that it was classic!

It fell to earth as predicted on my birthday and the day of the senior ball, 1979...

With that I am feeling old and I think I need a nap. ;)

dando
10-04-06, 10:25 PM
1979... July... NASA was predicticting Skylab to fall out of orbit and llitter itself across the Western 1/2 of Oz.

We would go into each classrom and the first thing we would do is draw in chalk a skylab target on the blackboard. I wish we had got a pic of that it was classic!

It fell to earth as predicted on my birthday and the day of the senior ball, 1979...

With that I am feeling old and I think I need a nap. ;)

And yet somehow we managed to miss you. I blams Ank. ;) :p :D

-Kevin

Cam
10-04-06, 10:29 PM
And yet somehow we managed to miss you. I blams Ank. ;) :p :D

-Kevin

Was Ank even a twinkle in '79 ;)

RHR_Fan
10-04-06, 11:25 PM
I was just messing around and decided to list all of the off-topic posts since the beginning of OC. I decided to bump a topic that could stick around for a few days. I don't even think I was a member when this was started.

~Nicole

dando
10-04-06, 11:35 PM
I was just messing around and decided to list all of the off-topic posts since the beginning of OC. I decided to bump a topic that could stick around for a few days. I don't even think I was a member when this was started.

~Nicole

>>Join Date: Sep 2003<<

You weren't. Neither was I. :) Just don't try to list all posts by the board Legends. ;)

-Kevin

RusH
10-05-06, 12:02 AM
I`m right handed but shoot photogs with the left eye.

Am I at 500 posts yet?:gomer:

dando
10-05-06, 12:09 AM
Am I at 500 posts yet?:gomer:

Nope. You obviously need to drink more beer.

:cheers:

:gomer:

-Kevin

RusH
10-05-06, 12:12 AM
Nope. You obviously need to drink more beer.

:cheers:

:gomer:

-Kevin

:D
One beer for every post.
Then I should have 20,000 posts since 2004.:saywhat:

+1

coolhand
10-05-06, 01:53 AM

Thats me, I play sports with right hand, eat and write with left.

I think it had somthing to do with the baseball glove I was given as a kid.

Lizzerd
10-05-06, 02:06 AM
Thats me, I play sports with right hand, eat and write with left.

I think it had somthing to do with the baseball glove I was given as a kid.

Greg, is that you?

Sligtly OT (sorry) we had four Gregs on our State Championship (woo hoo!) team. 1B, 2B, 3B, and one of our starting pitchers. I'm a Bruce, and our centerfielder was a Bruce too.

Now, back to your regulaly scheduled thread.

Lizzerd
10-05-06, 02:08 AM
I just noticed something... "Other" is an option?

eiregosod
10-05-06, 06:56 AM
right handed and right footed too.

sadams
10-05-06, 08:37 AM
Lizzerd
My Differential Equations professor did the same thing. But some times he'd write with the right hand and erase with the left as he moved across the blackboard.:irked:

Elmo T
10-05-06, 09:11 AM
Anybody else remember chalk boards?

I remember being picked to be the designated eraser cleaner in grade school. *** cough, cough ***

To stay OT, I used my right hand to clean them.

eiregosod
10-05-06, 11:46 AM
Lizzerd
My Differential Equations professor did the same thing. But some times he'd write with the right hand and erase with the left as he moved across the blackboard.:irked:

did anyone ever take down the notes corretly?

Wheel-Nut
10-05-06, 11:56 AM
I'm a southpaw, although I use the mouse with my right hand. It's how I learned in school. We had these digitizers and tablets, the instructor wouldn't let me move it to the left side of the keyboard, so I adapted.

I worked with an engineer once that would write with both hands. When he saw the puzzled look on my face one time he said, "god gave us two hands why not use both."

Insomniac
10-05-06, 01:10 PM
This thread is from before I was a member!

Cam
10-05-06, 01:47 PM
This thread is from before I was a member!

Going by the date, this was posted the day before WB opened the floodgates to all the riff-raff. :saywhat: :p

Andrew Longman
10-06-06, 12:15 PM
Write and throw left handed

Right hand with the mouse

Right handed batter, hockey stick. Better on the right with lacrosse stick

Right handed punter placekicker (I used to be pretty good in college)

Frisbee left or right but never on the same day. Some days I can only do left. Other days only right. Depends on my brain chemistry I guess:gomer:

RacinM3
10-06-06, 12:21 PM
I'm a lefty for everything except:

* Kicking - I favor the right foot.

* Cutting with scissors...remember they used to have blue and green-handled scissors (one color for righties and one for leftys) in elementary school? I try the ones for leftys and all they'd do is fold the paper....:mad:

Being left handed is a curse. Dragging your hand over everything you just wrote SUCKS!

ferrarigod
10-06-06, 12:28 PM
writing - right

golf - right

bra unsnapping - left

soccer - right/left, when goal kicking, i use right. punt with right as well.

hockey - i've actually taught myself slap shots left handed, and I get way more power than with the right. usually i use right, but i'm starting to change since my brother insists that i'd be better if my right to left, left turn crossover had my stick on the inside instead of on the outside of my turn.

Ronbo
10-07-06, 02:41 AM
I remember being picked to be the designated eraser cleaner in grade school. *** cough, cough ***

To stay OT, I used my right hand to clean them.

How do you clean erasers with one hand? Is that like one handed clapping????

KaBoom21
10-07-06, 09:10 AM
Lefty in all things except golf. Not that it helps my game all that much, but I'm left eye dominant (easier to putt righty) and the left arm plays a more important part in a righty golf swing.

Those lefty golfers sure do look funny - and you see way more of them now in the last 10 years.

TKGAngel
10-07-06, 09:38 AM
How do you clean erasers with one hand? Is that like one handed clapping????

Maybe he did what we did - beat them against the side of the building?

swift
10-07-06, 11:50 AM
right-handed stuff:
writing, throwing

left-handed stuff:
computer mouse is lefty (switched from righty in '02 due to injury). i still use a trackball right-handed at work for CAD, but keep a lefty mouse in the USB port for web surfing.

sports:
shoot right for hockey, bat right*
i ride regular for boardsports*
don't play soccer, but i kick stuff with the right

(*- are these two correlated? do 'goofy' riders shoot left? )

oddlycalm
10-07-06, 04:12 PM
Right handed for power and writing, left handed for dexterity. Starting nut/bolt threads in awkward places, adjusting critical machine alignments, anything requiring dexterity I use the left. Left eye dominant so I shoot long guns from the left and pistols right handed.

oc

grafddrx7
10-07-06, 04:53 PM
Being left handed is a curse. Dragging your hand over everything you just wrote SUCKS!

I lucked-out on that one... When I was a little weezer learning to write, I had my left arm in a cast from the shoulder down due to compound fractures. The only way to write was about 10-degrees away from upside-down. To this day, I still write better upside-down than right-side up... Printing is a different story, though. Keeps the words outta the way of my hand dragging over what I've just written!!!

Beyond that, bat right, throw left. Golf and play tennis right-handed, and use the mouse from the right side.

Throw a football left-handed, but am right-hand dominant when shooting a basketball.

Can't use scissors with my left hand to save my life, for some reason.

Napoleon
10-14-06, 09:51 AM
Going by the date, this was posted the day before WB opened the floodgates to all the riff-raff. :saywhat: :p

I think you are right. When I saw this was one of my threads I thought "when did I post THAT!"

manic mechanic
10-16-06, 01:26 AM
this is just gonna add to my "obtuse" legacy...

Bat: right for average, left for power
Throw: right
Write and eat: left
Kick: predominately right, but have a good left foot (20 years on a soccer field will do that to you)
Shoot: right
Play Tennis: left (tough to find an opponent who would play against me; Most hate playing a lefty)
Work: I can turn wrenches with either hand, but air tools are always in the left hand.
Mouse: right
Box: good left jab, power in the right cross/hook.
Kung Fu: stance with the left leading, but have no trouble crossing over.
Scissors: I can't use the ones made for leftys..I use RH scissors with my left hand.

There you have it, folks...Mixed Brain Dominance at its finest! :laugh:

Oh yeah...I guess I AM a piece of work, eh?

manic

Robstar
10-16-06, 07:52 PM
Bat left handed
Bowl right handed
Write right handed
Tennis either