PDA

View Full Version : TransAm vs. Winston Cup

rabbit
02-05-03, 02:15 PM
Looks like the TransAm guys are doing a doubleheader at Sears Point with the taxicabs. Can't wait to see the lap-time comparisons.:laugh:

Racewriter
02-05-03, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Looks like the TransAm guys are doing a doubleheader at Sears Point with the taxicabs. Can't wait to see the lap-time comparisons.:laugh:

It's happened before. T/A used to be the Saturday show at the Watkins Glen race every year.

rabbit
02-05-03, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
It's happened before. T/A used to be the Saturday show at the Watkins Glen race every year. That's what I thought. And didn't NASCAR put the ix-nay on it because they were getting smoked so bad? I wonder why they would open themselves up to a direct comparison like that again.

Napoleon
02-05-03, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
That's what I thought. And didn't NASCAR put the ix-nay on it because they were getting smoked so bad? I wonder why they would open themselves up to a direct comparison like that again.

I seem to recall that Trans Am qualifying and results were posted without times and speed when running with WC so a comparison could not be made.

Hurling Frootmig
02-05-03, 07:31 PM
Winston Cup fans won't know what to do with themselves when they see cars that actually have different body templates.