PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla question

rabbit
05-20-04, 01:30 AM
I have Mozilla Firefox on my computer at home and at work and I love it. But I also have a slightly older iBook that I was assigned through work. It runs OS 9.1 and Firefox requires OSX. I have looked all over the place and can't seem to find a slightly older version that I can still download and use on OS 9.1. If any of you experts out there camsteve can help me, I would be eternally indebted to you for at least a week. ;) :thumbup:

Cam
05-20-04, 07:48 AM
There is no Firefox for OS9 that I can see, however there is slightly older version of Mozilla (ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.2/) for OS9 available. It should have most of the features that FF has.

devilmaster
05-20-04, 10:18 AM
I would be eternally indebted to you for at least a week. ;) :thumbup:

A whole week??? COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be passing by Lima as I return from Cincy on Monday.....

I expect to see you on the side on I-75 Northbound, waiting for me with a keg of beer, sleeve of crackers (salted of course), good Wisconsin cheese (cut to a thickness of 1/4 inch and must not be smaller then 3/16 inch around the edge of the crackers), and a large homemade sign that says 'I am Rabbit. I am not worthy. Devilmaster is God. I am eternally indebted for at least a week.'

Try not to be on the road all day, police might get to ya before I do.

Steve

Clown
05-20-04, 11:29 AM
I've been using Mozzila Firebird for about 24 hours now. Conclusion?
Dayyum! It sheets all over IE :thumbup:

racer2c
05-20-04, 11:38 AM
I used Foxfire for about a month and gravitated back to IE 6. Foxfire was just not handling forms and scripts well at all. I also witnessed many positioning problems with embedded Flash elements.

nz_climber
05-20-04, 04:07 PM
I used Foxfire for about a month and gravitated back to IE 6. Foxfire was just not handling forms and scripts well at all. I also witnessed many positioning problems with embedded Flash elements.

It works fine here at OC the only internet site you'll ever need :p

ps/ the only site i have found didn't work with FireFox was the asp.net sites used in Microsofts Reporting Services !

ChampcarShark
05-20-04, 10:38 PM
I have been using Mozilla for a few months now, it sure is way better than mega$$sogt's explorer. The only places where I have trouble are the ones created by amateirs or those deeply in debt (or bed) with mega$$oft.

Mozilla works great with most places, there is only a few where the images do not load correctly, and viewing the source, it reveals that the site was created with mega$$oft's frontpage.

For an alternative try NETSCAPE 7.1

RusH
05-20-04, 11:32 PM
One more hurrah for Mozilla.
All I can say about this right now is TABS, TABS, TABS, and more TABS.
This is the only way to web..oh and be in many champcar forums at once
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Cart4Live2003
05-20-04, 11:54 PM

the reason for that is Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox are actually *gasp* up to the internet standards set by the 3W consortium group thingy lol.. IE was "supposed" to go that route but when they came out with IE 6 and bam everyone saw they didn't do what they said they were gonna do.. or at least work toward.. so in essense.. if everyone would code sites using mozilla they'd actually be closer to internet standards than by going by IE and it's microsoft standards..

Robstar
05-21-04, 12:30 AM
Sorry i don't have any Mozilla answers...

Installed Mozilla (on advice from my OC mates :thumbup: ) & quickly got over it

A good mate showed me Crazy Browser (http://www.crazybrowser.com)

Does all that Pop-up stuff, filters rah rah...

It just looks cool (& it works :thumbup: )

:)

rabbit
05-24-04, 08:26 PM
Thanks Cam. I knew I could count on you. Steve, on the other hand... :p