PDA

View Full Version : Interesting poll...

Warlock!
02-05-03, 11:30 AM
...at Crapwagon.com, basically asking out of the existing races CART has on the '03 schedule, what 2 should be dropped for Spa and Estoril. The biggest share of the votes are pooling around the Laguna/Denver/Miami races. Whaddya think?

(BTW, Laguna (sorry WB ;) ) and Denver were my choices as well)

Which tracks to drop? (http://www.crapwagon.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3191)

Winter Warlock!

Don Quixote
02-05-03, 11:54 AM
Denver and Miami need more time. At Denver the crowds/atmosphere/event/exposure were incredible. The racing was not so good, but if a few minor changes are made to the course and the surface is improved, along with no traction control, there will be real racing and passing. Get used to it folks, street "events" bring in the fans and sponsors. There will have to be some of these in the mix to keep the series healthy. If you pushed me to the wall, however, I would drop any one of many of the current races for Spa.

Foxman
02-05-03, 11:54 AM
I had to go for Denver and Brands Hatch (yes - brands). Denver has problems, and Brands hatch is too darn small for my liking -1.2 miles? C'mon, the champcars need a track where they can strech their legs a little bit.

mnkywrch
02-05-03, 12:07 PM
They may as well drop the remaining US ovals and get it over with.

But I'd prefer they drop Denver and Miami if they can't come up with a suitable circuit.

I'd agree on Brands... the Indy circuit would be fine for a year or two, but long-term? No thanks.

Napoleon
02-05-03, 01:59 PM
I would never drop a North American race for a European race.

RTKar
02-05-03, 07:33 PM
Denver and Miami, why tool around at 90 mph on a short narrow street course?