PDA

View Full Version : Replace Bob Jenkins Petition Here

Shamus
05-18-04, 01:34 AM
Ok, I started it with the language from Phantom - Because of his past remarks and his continued support for the IRL Mr. Jenkins is unfit to act as commentator for the Spike broadcasts and he has to go. The guy's announcing the Indy 500 on IRL radio for goodness sakes!

Enough is enough already, go sign this thing will ya?!

http://www.petitiononline.com/NOIRLGUY/petition.html

pkvracing12
05-18-04, 02:04 AM
more then happy to but im a little drunk

Robstar
05-18-04, 02:16 AM
Done :)

Ankf00
05-18-04, 02:56 AM
more then happy to but im a little drunk*shrug* i'm done, you've got more than enough reason to be :D

rock on!!! :thumbup:

cart7
05-18-04, 06:18 AM
Done deal. :thumbup:

Clown
05-18-04, 06:38 AM
I is be in :)

Clown
05-18-04, 06:40 AM
Argh ****!!!
I thought it wanted my e-mail addy twice.
Gotta actually read next time.
Sits back and awaits spam :(

Clown
05-18-04, 06:41 AM
**** this has been a sheet day. :cry:

sadams
05-18-04, 06:57 AM
Done

scanman
05-18-04, 07:46 AM
done... :thumbup:

Spicoli
05-18-04, 08:22 AM
#`15.

Good move. thanks.

Jenks sucks.

4wheeldrifter
05-18-04, 08:43 AM
Done. :thumbup:

Shamus
05-18-04, 10:26 AM
A big thanks goes to Phantom who crafted the language of the petition.

Don't forget to post info and a link to the petition everywhere you think it's appropriate (other forums, by the water cooler, on the door to the locker room, on TG's car windsheild :D )

Steve99
05-18-04, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately there appears to be more joke signees than real ones. :shakehead

Shamus
05-18-04, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately there appears to be more joke signees than real ones. :shakehead

Say huh :confused:

There are 6 'questionable' versus 62 total!

JLMannin
05-18-04, 12:00 PM
#66. Most look legit to me, a few obvious fakes, but only 10% or so.

mueber
05-18-04, 01:12 PM
Done. Number 78.

Chiphead_Dave
05-18-04, 04:20 PM
Done

nz_climber
05-18-04, 04:28 PM
Done - over 100 now

TravelGal
05-18-04, 07:11 PM
Done.

Ank, yours was a classic. Spicoli, boohoo? Sounded to me like you were on HIS side. But then, I'm jetlagged and not quite sure which side of the Atlantic I'm on at the moment.

Spicoli
05-18-04, 07:40 PM
Done.

Ank, yours was a classic. Spicoli, boohoo? Sounded to me like you were on HIS side. But then, I'm jetlagged and not quite sure which side of the Atlantic I'm on at the moment.

Oh, yeah. That was me. :shakehead

Are you that gullible, or just that ignorant. :rolleyes:

Winston Wolfe
05-18-04, 08:06 PM
I'm in there.

#111.

Some fakes in there.

DjDrOmusic
05-18-04, 08:13 PM
Mr. Jenkins, you are the weakest link, Goodbye!!

Phantom
05-18-04, 10:34 PM
I am honored to be number 150!

dando
05-18-04, 10:40 PM
#151 and counting....

-Kevin

TravelGal
05-19-04, 01:40 PM
Oh, yeah. That was me. :shakehead

Are you that gullible, or just that ignorant. :rolleyes:

LOL! On a day when I've spent 20 hours traveling: BOTH! But thanks for replying--in typical Spicoli style. :cool:

Shamus
05-19-04, 05:34 PM
According to a reputable post on another forum, Mr. Jenkins asked the IRL folks if they had qualms about his OWRS and Monterrey gigs when they asked him to do the PA and Radio stuff for the 500 - they said no problem.

The question now becomes - did he extend the same courtesy to his OWRS and/or Spike TV employers? If so, I have to say he did his duty and I'll be the first to cut him some slack.

Anybody know the answer to this one?

Ziggy
05-19-04, 08:28 PM
Shamus, to answer your question "no"

but...

I was at the midwest season opener for USAC Sprint cars at Gas City Indiana, I-69 Speedway when the guest between quals and heats was none other than Bob Jenkins hisself.

The uberLemming announcer tried to talk down about Champcar, and Spike TV. To his credit, Mr Jenkins did a really good job of defending his actions.

One of the questions asked "Bob, We know your heart lies with the IRL, how did you wind up doing Champcar broadcasts"?

Bob said, "Well, Im a television announcer, and I needed a job. Champcar offered me a job, and I accepted"

There were some others, I was really surprised. I actually told some of my friends about it who were shocked as well.

That night, Bob did a good job of counter punching an announcer who tried to make Champcar out to be some boob deal.

Ziggy

PS - Do I think that should save him? in a word, No. What changed? Bobs constant yapping at IMS this month. You should get a load of this guy on the P.A. "Sarah's at 214.......her fastest time of the month" with such feeling it makes you think the no driving hack actually did something worth mention. Compared to the woefull job he did at Long Beach, there has to be something wrong with his attitude that threats of losing his job wont take care of

Railbird
05-19-04, 08:58 PM
Good points Zig

I'm waiting to see how he does this weekend, like I've got a choice :rolleyes: , but I too heard some of the old enthusiasm surface last Saturday.

I still have to wonder where he will be doing the Monterrey call from.

Riverside
05-19-04, 09:29 PM
I'm in :thumbup:
Jenks gotta go :thumdown:

Spicoli
05-19-04, 10:11 PM
Jenks went to CCWS. CCWS didn;t go after Jenks.

And whoever signed him needs a rake in their forhead.

He sucks.

Spicoli
05-19-04, 10:13 PM
LOL! On a day when I've spent 20 hours traveling: BOTH! But thanks for replying--in typical Spicoli style. :cool:

You're welcome. I think.

Mr. Vengeance
05-20-04, 05:20 PM
Jenkins is doing commentary at IMS today. Shouldn't he be in Mexico?

Any chance he's already been canned?

Shamus
05-20-04, 06:06 PM
Seems strange, but I guess he could jet down there on Sunday if he needed to and make the race...

Of course, if he were a REAL fan he'd be drinking a margarita and begging Paul for a ride in the 2-seater as we speak!

Lizzerd
05-20-04, 07:04 PM
Okay, I've been avoiding replying to this thread till now. I haven't signed the petition yet because I've been willing to cut him a break for a couple more races, as I said in a thread back in March or April. But, if he is at IMS today (I don't doubt your word, Mr. Vengeance), and if he is there Friday and God forbid, Saturday, I will change my tune. BJ should be schmoozing in the Monterrey paddock right now, learning a bit about our series and its personalities. Somebody who goes to IMS Friday and/or Saturday, please let us know if he is still in that damn pagoda.

Spicoli
05-20-04, 07:34 PM
As of COB yesterday - Jenks had NOT been fired yet....from CCWS.

He REALLY needs to go.

:bombhisass:

RusH
05-20-04, 08:26 PM
Maybe the 3 Amigos thought this guy would bring a familiar face to the masses, but it looks like they made their first mistake.
No problem, just correct it now!
There is no need for this gomer.
:thumdown:

RTKar
05-20-04, 08:52 PM
Lizzerd, Ziggy and Spicoli...that would be some good TV...better entertainment than OJ in his white Ford Bronco.

Shamus
05-21-04, 01:40 PM
So is Jenkins still in Indy today? :confused:

Mr. Vengeance
05-21-04, 03:41 PM
So is Jenkins still in Indy today? :confused:

Yup. Live and on the air.

Could be a good sign.... Couple this with the fact that Beekhuis is in Mexico... Fingers crossed.

Lizzerd
05-22-04, 09:05 PM
Okay, what about Saturday? Was he there?

If so, I'm signing the petition.

Railbird
05-22-04, 09:23 PM
I figure the Monterrey race will be a "studio" call with the announcers in a local booth the same way SPEED does F1.

Jenks just might do it from a trailer in the infield of IMS.

With no HD broadcast and a delayed local production on a rather obscure cable channnel I still maintian that there are more pressing matters than the talking head.

Dave99
05-22-04, 09:47 PM
If Jenkins isn't doing his job on the job that's a blatent conflict of interest in my book. No slack given.

Fire his @ss! :thumdown:

KLang
05-23-04, 02:33 PM
AR1 says he flew down Saturday night. :thumdown:

Mr. Vengeance
05-23-04, 03:23 PM
Gotta admire that level of commitment... :shakehead

They should fine the smarmy SOB every time he slips in "Indy" or "The Indy 500" during the broadcast. You KNOW he's going to do it....

Insomniac
05-23-04, 06:06 PM
Gotta admire that level of commitment... :shakehead

They should fine the smarmy SOB every time he slips in "Indy" or "The Indy 500" during the broadcast. You KNOW he's going to do it....

He didn't mention the other series or anything to do with it. Even had an opportunity to when they discussed Rahal (not by name) jumping ship.

nrc
05-23-04, 09:21 PM
As much as I would rather see someone else in the seat, I'd have to say that Jenkins improved somewhat on this broadcast.

All I can figure is that the ChampCar folks want a recognized voice in the anchor seat.

RaceGrrl
05-23-04, 09:34 PM
One comment that Jenkins made that stood out was: "...thousands of fans are here..." Ok. How about TENS of thousands of fans. That was irritating, though I suppose he's so accustomed to using that phrase at IRL races that he wouldn't think to say "150,000 fans."

Half the time he didn't know who he was watching, and he hesitated often, which made TK step in and finish his sentences. Other than learning the drivers' names, he hasn't done one thing to make me believe that he cares about doing a good job. Can him.

RARules
05-24-04, 12:27 AM
Challenge time:

Can anyone think of anything he said during today's race that was meaningful? Try listening to him next time and search for any meaning in what he says.

I don't think you'll find any.

SeaBass puts 2 wheels in the dirt, and you don't get a "Whoa, there, Bourdais" or something like that. Instead you get a sedate "Sebastian Bourdais is on his way home." or some similar tripe.

I know many here disagree, but even Paul Page would be 100% better. At least you can forgive his errors because he seems to get overly excited at times. Jenkins is just dead.

4wheeldrifter
05-24-04, 07:38 AM
I know many here disagree, but even Paul Page would be 100% better. At least you can forgive his errors because he seems to get overly excited at times. Jenkins is just dead.

Couldn't agree more.

Insomniac
05-24-04, 08:29 AM
SeaBass puts 2 wheels in the dirt, and you don't get a "Whoa, there, Bourdais" or something like that. Instead you get a sedate "Sebastian Bourdais is on his way home." or some similar tripe.

I'd like to see someone else in the booth, but Jon was interviewing a N/H engineer when that happened and Jon did say something. I appreciate the fact that Jenks didn't interrupt his interview like PP does and apologizes or takes the microphone back.

mueber
05-24-04, 08:41 AM
I like that Jenkins doesn't yell. It's the same reason I like Varsha and can't stand Paul Page and everyone at Fox. I still question the choice of Jenkins, and I signed the petition because I really think he ought to sever his ties with Gommerville, but he was much better this time.

We'll see.

Spicoli
05-24-04, 09:08 AM
Jenks still sucks.

Mr. Vengeance
05-24-04, 09:51 AM
He didn't mention the other series or anything to do with it. Even had an opportunity to when they discussed Rahal (not by name) jumping ship.

Yeah; credit where it's due, I suppose.

They really should gas him, though. He's terrible...

TravelGal
05-24-04, 11:12 AM
I was pretty surprised that he managed to avoid mentioning "Indy" in any of its forms. But I also noticed that TK did a lot of the talking. It was as if he were doing the color AND the commentary.

KLang
05-24-04, 12:06 PM
But I also noticed that TK did a lot of the talking. It was as if he were doing the color AND the commentary.

I noticed that as well. It seemed to cramp TK's style a bit.

Shadow
05-24-04, 01:22 PM
The quality of the entire broadcast was just awful. Compare it with the F1 in the morning and it is easy to see why CCWS has a problem. :(