PDA

View Full Version : For you Brickman

Ziggy
05-15-04, 08:08 PM
On the thread from 4-27-04 titled "Am I the only one that thinks this about the IRL cars"?

You waded into the thread with these chestnuts of observation, listed below ,with My comments in the brackets.

I don't think they have a rear end collision problem... now. The sure as hell did before. {Well hey buddy, This is what I been telling you. Im sure you watched the quals on TV today, how many crashes did you see? How many times does the car fail to rotate, and back straight into the wall}???

I was referring to the rear impact with the older cars where the placement of the gear box created horrible consequenses. No mild injuries, ask a long time Lake Tahoe favorite... Jones or Sam Schmidt. {The lack of injuries at Indianapolis this week should be attributed to the safer wall. Nobody has inverted due to getting hung up with it, but Im sure you can start a thread on that as well}

I was at Phoenix last year when Andretti clipped Gil. Yes they hit like a ton of bricks, what race cars don't? It would be interesting to see how many hits were tank slappers, or the rear ends coming around. {This year at Indianapolis there have been two accidents in which this swinging pendulum effect did not come into play. Robbie Gordon who bottomed his car out before he was up to terminal speed, and Phil Giaphone who missed the line into turn three.}

I asked MarkC and am now asking The Faithful and will pass on what I learned. {You keep emailing MarkC. Next time that guy calls here wanting to know something, I will direct the call out to that hotbed of information which would be your number. I will give it to you short and sweet. You ever throw a hammer? You ever seen an IRL car try to spin?}

people hear what they want to hear {and it's unfortunate that you continue to post absurd hypothisis on things you really cant grasp. While fun, it really drags any good thread through the weeds}

Well… I asked and here are the results. First off as I originally stated “I don't think they have a rear end collision problem... now. The sure as hell did before.” So I asked MarkC for a list and the faithful for what they recall. As far as the gearbox it is 13.9 inches shorter and 14 pounds lighter, evidently by pushing the gearbox forward it alters the center of gravity. There is four times as much structure (more car to absorb impact energy) than before. It’s an aluminum alloy cased transmission. We all know the previous design was was bad, this is much better in weight, placement, design.

Old vs New {there were some pictures here, see them for yourself in the original thread.}
[B]

Brickman, I have lived in Speedway Indiana most of my life. I have also been very active in autoracing for the past 20 years. I also have a very deep backround in mechanics. I can say without qualms, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Having spent time with both Champcar's and IRL cars (not professional mind you, not with the IRL) I have been around them. Been in a guys garage, who had a couple of IRL cars sitting inside, with all the equipment. The IRL gearbox is a real pig. Its wide, its tall, it is shorter, but its still very overweight. Its so overweight it make's Sarah look like Twiggy. Scott Sharpes ride was torn down in Gasoline Alley yesterday. Gearbox was sitting on a die cart (thats a cart with a hydraulic cylinder to raise the level of the table top) It was on this cart BECAUSE ITS TOO FREAKIN HEAVY FOR ONE OR TWO GUYS TO MOVE AROUND, and it was semi stripped down! Stripped down in pure IRL fashion mind you, by smashing it against a wall. It was not even hurt, other than the ancilleries (that's the stuff bolted on the case, sundre items) being knocked off.

Your comments about me calling Brainfart were laughable. I dont hang around or associate with Turds. Im at my limit with you. Your mention of calling MarkC is also laughable. While I know you were part of the "sillypony" brigade at SpeedNet, and no doubt expound on his idiocy with your TrackForum breathern. It goes to show you how nice of a guy MarkC really is if he takes the time to try an educate your dumbazz. I find you to be a total hypocrite. See, the way I work, if Im gonna make fun of someone on an Internet message board, Im sure not gonna call them as a friend and ask them for some help. MarkC does call me, along with alot of other people who would like me to share what little I can.

So, you can take your post, your knowledge, your love of Riverside and stick it where the sun dont shine. This forum is not for the education of blind Kool Aid chuggers. Education is a great thing, but all you want to do is argue over the turd in the punch bowl (thats not a turd, I know turds, and thats not a turd) I do know turds, you want to see one, look in the mirror. You ever want to know something and happen to be in Indianapolis, please stop by.

your pal always
Ziggy

JT265
05-15-04, 09:32 PM
I'm looking around and I see a Molson bubba with your name on it Zigster. :thumbup:

Which you may donate to the cause of your choice. ;)

pineapple
05-15-04, 09:34 PM
Excellent post, Ziggy.

Bryan Herta must be thanking his lucky stars for a safer wall, else he'd be in traction and a back brace after smacking that wall rear-end first today.

Those cars are still going in *** over nosecone.

PS: Maybe you can ask Mark C or the faithfulfew as to why this is. ;) :gomer: