PDA

View Full Version : I Have Successfully Brainwashed My Wife

chop456
02-05-03, 09:22 AM
Monday afternoon, our babysitter tried to play a John Coltrane CD in the kitchen but the player wouldn't read it. She told my wife about it when she got home.

When I got home, the wife told me about it, thinking there may be a problem with the CD player, even though only the one CD seems to be giving her problems.

I asked her which CD it was, to which she replied "David Coulthard". :D

Warlock!
02-05-03, 09:49 AM
Don't laugh until you've listened to one of his CDs... I hear he's really big in Scotland.

At least she didn't say Ricky Craven :gomer:
(sorry, only NASCAR name I could think of that starts with a "C")

Winter Warlock!

mnkywrch
02-05-03, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by chop456
I asked her which CD it was, to which she replied "David Coulthard". :D

Did you explain to her that his next album would be his "best album yet!"

(Reference to Coulthard's almost yearly statement that the upcoming season would be his "best one yet"...)

chop456
02-05-03, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Did you explain to her that his next album would be his "best album yet!"

(Reference to Coulthard's almost yearly statement that the upcoming season would be his "best one yet"...)

Thanks for the explanation, Dennis Miller.

We ARE all morons, you know. :gomer:

mnkywrch
02-05-03, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by chop456
Thanks for the explanation, Dennis Miller.

We ARE all morons, you know. :gomer:

I thought it was such a poor joke that I added an explanation.

Besides, I actually have friends who LIKE DC... and, funny enough, they're also Cubs fans...

TrueBrit
02-06-03, 01:22 PM
Ummmm..I like DC...and the Cubs...

BTW..good job Chop on the indoctrination...HOWEVER..I think I have you beaten..Whilst paying minimal attention to the Daytona 24 hour 'race' this past weekend my 11 year old daughter heard them mention the name 'Schumacher'..She innocently asked me if it was the same pointy-chinned bastard that deliberately wrecks people in F-1.. :) Well, okay she didn't say that EXACTLY, but she did ask me if it was the same guy...;)

TB

tomahawk
02-06-03, 11:06 PM
...and, TB, you did tell her that Larry Schumacher is Michael's slower but nicer cousin! :laugh:

:tomahawk

rabbit
02-07-03, 12:52 AM
:rofl:

BTW - My two year old daughter calls those V8 turbocharged open-wheel monsters "Memo-cars". She got to meet him when he finished second at Cleveland with GanASSi. Now you guys know why I am so passionate about him getting a ride. She'll be crushed if she finds out he doesn't.

Sean O'Gorman
02-10-03, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
:rofl:

BTW - My two year old daughter calls those V8 turbocharged open-wheel monsters "Memo-cars". She got to meet him when he finished second at Cleveland with GanASSi. Now you guys know why I am so passionate about him getting a ride. She'll be crushed if she finds out he doesn't.

That's okay, my parents have been trying to hide the fact that Memo doesn't have a ride from me, and I'm 19! ;)

My 7 year old sister asks whenever I'm watching a race if Danica Patrick or Sarah Fisher are racing, but in the rare case that they actually are in the race I'm watching, she doesn't stick around. There was one time when she asked that, and my brother said "Sarah Fisher sucks, she always crashes", to which my sister replied "no she doesn't, she survived once!". I was on the ground laughing after that one.