PDA

View Full Version : Trucks at Mansfield

Sean O'Gorman
05-14-04, 08:46 PM
Anyone going? I wasn't planning on it but a friend of mine came up with 4 tickets (race was sold out) so I couldn't say no. I'll be somewhere on the frontstretch, just look for the lone NASCAR fan wearing a TRD hat. I think I'll wear my Champ Car shirt too. ;)

pchall
05-14-04, 11:20 PM
Anyone going? I wasn't planning on it but a friend of mine came up with 4 tickets (race was sold out) so I couldn't say no. I'll be somewhere on the frontstretch, just look for the lone NASCAR fan wearing a TRD hat. I think I'll wear my Champ Car shirt too. ;)

Wanna borrow my "Too Dumb for Opera/Too Smart for NASCAR" tee? ;)

Ziggy
05-14-04, 11:36 PM
There racing NASCAR trucks at Mid Ohio? Wow! Im out of the loop

Kiss the pavement at the keyhole good buy, those tanks will really dig it up

Ziggy

Cam
05-14-04, 11:37 PM
Wanna borrow my "Too Dumb for Opera/Too Smart for NASCAR" tee? ;)
Let the smackdown begin :laugh:

DjDrOmusic
05-15-04, 03:26 AM
There racing NASCAR trucks at Mid Ohio? Wow! Im out of the loop

Kiss the pavement at the keyhole good buy, those tanks will really dig it up

Ziggy

No they're at Mansfield Motorsport Speedway, here's a link:

Mansfield Motorsport Speedway (http://www.mansfield-speedway.com/) :)

SurfaceUnits
05-15-04, 04:25 AM
Trucks at Mansfield will outdraw earl at MO :rofl:

theunions
05-17-04, 07:30 AM

Nuts! I haven't looked much at OC since I left home and am only seeing this today...

Left Indy at 4:30 am Sunday to cover the race and was bleary-eyed all day.

There were plenty of people in the infield/pits wearing assorted TRD apparel.

I started the race in Charlie Bradberry's pit but was usually in Brandon Whitt's (atop the pit box half the time). I was a respectful distance behind throughout the entire post-race fisticuffs. :D

This was only the second truck race I've been to and the first I've worked up close (have some 300 shots to sort through)...and to be brutally honest, these motors make IRL engines sound like a symphony. :gomer:

Tall1
05-17-04, 08:59 AM
Trucks at Mansfield will outdraw earl at MO :rofl:

It appears as tho the trucks outdrew earl's qualifying for earl's main event. Mansfield is a .44 oval, not that far from Indianapolis, and a much smaller city. Tony, there's a message for ya.

Sean O'Gorman
05-17-04, 11:16 AM
In all fairness though, there were more people at the Truck race yesterday than have been at both Cleveland and Mid-Ohio for Champ Car events in recent years.

theunions
05-18-04, 09:50 PM
141 race day photos (http://www.motorsport.com/photos/select.asp?S=NASCAR-TRUCK&E=Mansfield/Sunday_race&Y=2004&O=0)

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/nascar-truck/2004/man/nascartrk-2004-man-em-0223.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
05-19-04, 12:25 AM
Great shots, I love the ones of the pit stops.

4wheeldrifter
05-19-04, 07:50 AM
In all fairness though, there were more people at the Truck race yesterday than have been at both Cleveland and Mid-Ohio for Champ Car events in recent years.

There's no accounting for taste, is there? :thumdown: