PDA

View Full Version : 33 IT IS

Spicoli
05-14-04, 06:40 PM
That's what I have been told. Looks like H&T&C will be footin the bill.

Let's see just how dialed in my source is.

Also - he's alluding to the fact that SeaBass will qually as well. :shakehead

Ziggy
05-14-04, 06:51 PM
Haas better figure his own car out first. Those guys are not happy, as Bruno has really turned out to be hard to work with.

But lets give every Lemming reading here something to hope for.....

Why is the biggest story of the month the matter of 33 cars. Hell, I can remember when the "500" was about practice for speed, pole day, working on race set ups and drivers trying to work deals for backups. Seems like now everyone has to get in line in front of the Honda or Toyota suites. They have taken the pesky car owner out of the equation.

Ziggy

Spicoli
05-14-04, 07:04 PM
Dear Gomers: listen to PLN and how you **** suvcking track owner ruined everything. you can;t even get any car owners to BUY an engine.

No yen? You not important.

So sorry you sacks of camel bile.

RTKar
05-14-04, 07:12 PM
I'm surprised the mfg's are footing the bill to keep tg from the ultimate embarrassment. I'd have expected some back door tony bucks propping up some efforts...clabber girl cars, tony's cronies, etc... not the mfg's slapping together some quicky last minute deals with make shift crews and lord knows who driving. One thing neither of them can buy, are more warm bodies to fill the far reaches of the stands and Indy hotel rooms. I fully expect more and larger gaps in the stands than last year and probably lower tv ratings as well.

Ferdman
05-14-04, 07:29 PM
Even if they do get 33, there still will be no bumping. :shakehead

Lizzerd
05-14-04, 07:31 PM
So, Hondotaworth is gonna throw money, time, and resources away so TG can save face? I can't wait for the spin if/when this happens.

RichK
05-14-04, 07:35 PM
If they reach 33, the IRL will clearly be a success.

Rogue Leader
05-14-04, 07:39 PM
I just hope these half assed efforts dont get anyone killed.... :(

sundaydriver2
05-14-04, 07:54 PM
If Foyota, Fonda and whatever the POS Gm makes, pitch in and insure 33, you know that there WILL be kick backs from the idiotgrandson. Fonda or Yoda is on record saying that they will not hand out stuff for free. (Remember Ass, gas or grass, noone rides for free :D )

The PR nightmare that the Idiotgrandson would have to endure would not be worth the few million to keep the field at least to 33. So I assume that the one brain cell wonder kid will dig in to the bank account.

Here's hoping it fails. :thumbup:

KLang
05-14-04, 08:48 PM
From the looks of a few threads over at TF it seems the bigger story right now might be ticket sales. Lack of that is.... :laugh:

nissan gtp
05-14-04, 08:55 PM
damn I hope kermit is nowhere near indy... and hASS needs to listen to his man Newman.

Spicoli
05-15-04, 12:02 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out. TG and the manufacturers have ways of hiding and moving money around that Al-Queda could learn some lessons from. ;)

Classic Apex
05-15-04, 03:53 PM
Even if they do get 33, there still will be no bumping. :shakehead

Bumping is just a word.

Tradition is just a theory.

My how things have changed.

Thanks, Tony.

:shakehead

stroker
05-15-04, 07:29 PM
Fear not.

Somebody will wad the car into a little ball, and they'll have 32.

They'll use that as an excuse.

Ziggy
05-15-04, 08:25 PM
Herta did a pretty good job. Could have laid down a little more tire smoke. One day soon, He will get it right

The guy selling rear body work and wing struts is putting a down payment on a Hawaii Beach house Im sure, after he splits it with the genius who came up with the gearbox of course.......

Ziggy

SteveH
05-15-04, 10:09 PM
I never doubted once that there would be less than 33.

Watch for a price increase in Brickyard 400 tickets for next year.

pineapple
05-15-04, 10:09 PM
Herta did a pretty good job. Could have laid down a little more tire smoke. One day soon, He will get it right

The guy selling rear body work and wing struts is putting a down payment on a Hawaii Beach house Im sure, after he splits it with the genius who came up with the gearbox of course.......

Ziggy

Now this is just too weird...I had the same thought & posted it on the other thread.

Is X-trac still doing the gearbox or did they farm that job out to one of the leading zaibatsu water carriers?

RTKar
05-16-04, 03:43 PM
Jim Harbaugh in an interview, "John Barnes was talking to Tony George about the possibility of a 3rd car"......

my supposition...we can put in a 3rd car if you give us some money....

Megger
05-16-04, 03:58 PM
Bumping is just a word.

Tradition is just a theory.

My how things have changed.

Thanks, Tony.

:shakehead

Exactly!!FTG has screwed tradition along with OW racing. How freaking pathetic :gomer:

cart7
05-16-04, 04:10 PM
Jim Harbaugh in an interview, "John Barnes was talking to Tony George about the possibility of a 3rd car"......

TG - John, I'd like you to think about running a third car. I can't offer you any financial incentives but I can offer to have you served before AJ and Ganassi at the 500 banquet. That way you'll still get a quality cut of meat before they're ordering their second helpings.

Opposite Lock
05-16-04, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=RTKar]Jim Harbaugh in an interview, ...QUOTE]

Who? Please say that's not the former Bears QB.

RTKar
05-16-04, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=RTKar]Jim Harbaugh in an interview, ...QUOTE]

Who? Please say that's not the former Bears QB.

Yup, the lousy Bears QB is and has been a team owner for a few years now.

Railbird
05-16-04, 10:28 PM
I've been around the old speedplant all week, no SeaBass sightings.

No word on him being in town from anybody with a clue.

Bruno was out working on traffic setups in the backup today.

at this point in time I see no effort toward qualifying another car.

The strongest rumor I've heard involves Toyota putting in two more.

Haas has a Honda deal

DjDrOmusic
05-16-04, 11:19 PM
I thought about that when I read the lineup after today, NO SEABASS!! :thumbup: Like the man said in CBus last year, "I am a race driver, but I don't want to die!"