PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT: Another One Bites the Dust

SurfaceUnits
05-14-04, 11:45 AM
earl associate that is.
Speedway to Discontinue Operations in 2005

Nazareth Speedway, in conjunction with its parent company International Speedway Corporation (ISC), announced today that it will discontinue all spectator motorsports events at the Speedway following the 2004 season. The NASCAR Busch Series Goulds Pumps ITT Industries 200 weekend, May 22-23, and the Firestone Indy 225 IRL IndyCar Series weekend, August 27-29, will continue as scheduled and tickets are still available for both.

LINK (http://dbserver.iscmotorsports.com/NazarethSpeedway/index.cfm)

Madmaxfan2
05-14-04, 11:52 AM
Holy Cow!!

ChampcarShark
05-14-04, 12:16 PM
See what happens when tracks stop hosting champcar races to host the inferior league!!!!

Sad news indeed.

Andrew Longman
05-14-04, 12:33 PM
First Flemington, now Nazareth.

I'm going on the 23rd for the Modifieds/Busch race. That will be it :(

I'll have no local fix other than Wall Stadium and Englishtown and those aren't exactly local.

Makes the trips to Toronto, Cleveland, RA, Montreal and the Glen all the more precious

SurfaceUnits
05-14-04, 02:08 PM
According to a report, Phoenix International Raceway is not yet sure if they will be hosting an IRL race in 2005.

RichK
05-14-04, 02:24 PM
C'mon guys, it's obviously due to CART’s Scorched Earth Policy™

racer2c
05-14-04, 02:26 PM
But but but I thought oval racing was what the fans wanted??? :confused: :gomer:

RichK
05-14-04, 02:35 PM
But but but I thought oval racing was what the fans wanted??? :confused: :gomer:

Oh it is. Just not at Nazareth, Louden, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Orlando, Charlotte, Dover, or Atlanta! :gomer:

XFT
05-14-04, 02:47 PM
First Flemington, now Nazareth.

I'm going on the 23rd for the Modifieds/Busch race. That will be it :(

I'll have no local fix other than Wall Stadium and Englishtown and those aren't exactly local.

Makes the trips to Toronto, Cleveland, RA, Montreal and the Glen all the more precious

I've learned to live with Lime Rock and Wall

Steve99
05-14-04, 04:27 PM
To steal someone else's term: The Diminisher strikes again.

Madmaxfan2
05-14-04, 04:32 PM
Oh it is. Just not at Nazareth, Louden, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Orlando, Charlotte, Dover, or Atlanta! :gomer:

Don't forget Gateway :gomer: :gomer:

dando
05-14-04, 04:59 PM
According to a report, Phoenix International Raceway is not yet sure if they will be hosting an IRL race in 2005.
The second Neckcar race in the spring will take the EaRl's date. <sniff, sniff>

-Kevin

ChrisB
05-14-04, 10:05 PM
I already posted my thoughts on this here (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?p=52096#post52096)

If you guys ever get a chance... go check out a PA Posse sprint race at Williams Grove... especially when the WoO comes to town!

Fio1
05-15-04, 11:42 AM
That sucks! I still remember the first time I was driving to the track and seeing the sign, 2-miles to the speedway. After about 2-miles I was like, this is imposible since I'm in the middle of a neighborhood....then, I saw this huge grand-stand in the 'back yard' of some old couple's house, I couldn't believe it. They actually built a track not in the middle of freaking nowhere!

It's nice little track with character, something the cookie-cutter ovals of today don't have....... :confused:

Amanda B.'s Mom
05-15-04, 03:18 PM
Wonder how Mikey feels about this one? His home track stopping spectator racing?

Maybe it is a sign of things to come.......

Steve99
05-16-04, 01:18 AM
Wonder how Mikey feels about this one? His home track stopping spectator racing?

Mikey's team stopped racing for spectators a couple of years ago.

Clown
05-16-04, 02:02 AM
Dayum! Wasn't expecting this one.....

Railbird
05-16-04, 06:51 AM
as others have pointed out the early spring date and then the screwed up wing package both hurt Champcar at this place.

when the mega-marketing IRL jokers showed up it was just a matter of time.

The east coast has plenty of racefans but where do you put a track that could make money?