PDA

View Full Version : The dirty prediction

dirtyboy
02-05-03, 03:51 AM
Damn it why do I have to be so sensible? Sorry fellas but the Newman-Hass team is going to make Ferrari’s dominance in F1 last year look like a closely fought championship. Looking at the teams list there is no way anyone can keep up the fight throughout the whole season. Lets just hope Carl lets the two guys race so we can have a championship come down to the last race.

mexican
02-05-03, 10:07 AM
:saywhat:

this thread is a keeper, see you in november ;)

IlliniRacer
02-05-03, 11:26 AM
I think the Players Boys and others will have something to say about that. Bourdais will be fast, however, I suspect that he will keep the N/H crew busy with rebuilds.

RTKar
02-05-03, 07:39 PM
I think Jourdain may suprise some people this year, consistency can win championships. The second year on a quality team could produce a win or two, coupled with consistent points finishes and he could very easily be in the top 3 as the season winds down. NH and Players are the obvious choices but I wouldn't dismiss the guys at Rahal.

JSR
02-05-03, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mexican
:saywhat:

this thread is a keeper, see you in november ;)

I agree

owfan
02-05-03, 07:58 PM
Oh look, Servia has the fastest time so far.:p

Gurneyflap
02-05-03, 08:06 PM
ANYONE'S dominance is what I worry about. I want multiple winners, good safe races, great TV broadcasts (INCLUDING JON!) and about 3.5 million fans most of whom were pleased to see an underdog rise to fame, stardom and a CART ChampCar Title! (I don't ask for too much, do I?)

Kiwifan
02-05-03, 08:24 PM
Nope.

Rusty.

CART2Day
02-06-03, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by IlliniRacer
I think the Players Boys and others will have something to say about that. Bourdais will be fast, however, I suspect that he will keep the N/H crew busy with rebuilds.

I gotta side w IR on this one.. Look at the work that Players did last year with Ford/Reynard, which was NOT the Package last year.. Now with Lolas, this team will be serious. they have recovered from the slump of Greg Moore's loss, which I dont care what anyone said, HAD to affect them in 2000, and rebuilding beyond that in 2001, finally back on track for 02.. Face it, they are now probably the best (or top two) funded teams in the series now. AND with Players having to duck out, they want to go out on a high note..

Thats the C2D prediction.. see you in November!

tomahawk
02-06-03, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by JSR
I agree

Ditto

Fenster
02-07-03, 12:24 AM
In a series with spec. engines, one tire company, and only two variations of chassis, I don't think there will be any "Ferrari-like dominance" to be had. As I said today on another forum (not to repeat myself): I am looking forward to this year because I feel it will be very close competition and a lot of opportuntiy for small, hard working teams as well as talented drivers.

Of course big money teams with more testing and teams with more experience with Ford engines, Lola (or Reynard) chassis will be more competitive at the beginning but...

I think I will hold out on ANY predictions this year. And "that's a good thing" Martha.;)

--Fenster.

sundaydriver
02-07-03, 10:51 AM
This year the driver will play the most important role. Therefore, it will come to Junky and Tracy. Bourdais is too unfamiliar with the tracks and Vasser has a Reynard. My other dark horses are Servia and Patreek. My two cents.