PDA

View Full Version : Formula 2004 season so far: Good, Bad, Ugly

Chaos
05-10-04, 02:27 PM
Good:

Well, if you're a Ferrari or MS fan, i'd say things are going pretty good

BAR - finally some progress...bummer that it's happening without JV (I'm a JV fan...Canadian connection)

Jenson Button - finally some substance to the hype

Renault - having some strong results so far. still a little inconsistent.

Sato - not for the right reasons though. I have to say i look forward to when he's going to botch his qualifying run or when he runs off the track because he's too hot going into a turn.

Bad:

Williams - i expected more. So much for that new nose.

Jordan - not surprising really. I wonder when they go the way of Arrows and Prost.

Minardi is...well...minardi :)

Sauber - this was a tough one. I expected more given their powerplant, but i guess at the end of the day, you'll never win with customer engines.

Ugly:

McLaren - the car is, generously speaking, a dog. So much for those Raikkonen for World Champion prognostications.

Excitement (or lack thereof) - With the exception of the starts of all the grands prix, the races have been dull.

cart7
05-10-04, 02:39 PM
I thought Alonso might show a little better but as you said, inconsistant. Otherwise, I'd agree with your assesment so far. :thumbup:

Cam
05-10-04, 03:06 PM
Ugly:

McLaren - the car is, generously speaking, a dog. So much for those Raikkonen for World Champion prognostications.

Hey, at least the McBlam didn't yesterday! That's a little bit of progress! :cry:

Dr. Corkski
05-10-04, 03:18 PM
I can just picture poor wittle Puffy telling Uncle Ron this next year: "Build me a faster car so I can race the Ferraris (in the Saubers)!" :thumbup:

Chaos
05-10-04, 03:45 PM
Hey, at least the McBlam didn't yesterday! That's a little bit of progress! :cry:

actually, i should've added Raikkonen's fireworks display. that was quite spectacular...

Anteater
05-10-04, 09:01 PM
Bad: Toyota. I hope things improve drastically after the new chassis is put to work!

Chaos
05-10-04, 09:10 PM
agreed with Toyota. Honda is schooling them this year. After last season, I would've suspected the opposite to be the case.

mueber
05-11-04, 08:01 PM
The thing I admire most about F-1 is the relative lack of manipulation of the results by the officials. If you are good, you win; if you’re not, you lose.

This year I think we’re going to see if they can hold to that when Schumacher reaches 10 for 10.