PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter who's on the bubble?

Turn7
05-10-04, 10:53 AM
Lets say that the IRL makes 33 and there are a few others in line to make bump day really a bump day.

If a Brazillionaire is on the bubble, do they proceed with bumping?

I think so.

If Sarah is on the bubble?

Not a chance.

AUJ?

Fernandez?

Is there going to be a script and if so, who gets to write it, IMS or the engine mfg's?

Brickman
05-10-04, 10:54 AM
Lets say that the IRL makes 33 and there are a few others in line to make bump day really a bump day.

If a Brazillionaire is on the bubble, do they proceed with bumping?

I think so.

If Sarah is on the bubble?

Not a chance.

AUJ?

Fernandez?

Is there going to be a script and if so, who gets to write it, IMS or the engine mfg's?

Matters to some, I just want IV and Larry not to make the field.... for obvious reasons.

Turn7
05-10-04, 11:19 AM
What reasons? Because they are the only original, small budget team left? Because he is fielding two american drivers rather than unknown foriegers? Because Foyt is a legendary USAC/IMS hero?

Wheel-Nut
05-10-04, 11:21 AM
You should post that question over on tf T7.

Think Mr. Wendal could get a pass from the good Rev?!

Madmaxfan2
05-10-04, 11:30 AM
What bubble ? The drivers entered into the IRL Gomerville 500 do not number 33 yet.

Racewriter
05-10-04, 12:19 PM
What reasons? Because they are the only original, small budget team left? Because he is fielding two american drivers rather than unknown foriegers? Because Foyt is a legendary USAC/IMS hero?

He said, he wants them to NOT make the field, not that he wants them to MAKE the field, Turn7. I think the 'obvious reasons' is that they make Racin Gardner look talented.

In this morning's Star, Toyota said they could handle up to 11 cars total. Honda said they could handle up to 11 cars total. GM said they could handle up to 8 cars total, "Maybe 2 more in a pinch."

I'm no math major, but I'm not seeing much of a bump day.

Mike Kellner
05-10-04, 12:42 PM
Does it matter who's on the bubble?

No.

Will there be an exciting Bump Day?

No.

Will there even be 33 cars?

Maybe.

Does anyone who isn't a charter member of Track Forum care anymore?

no.

mk

Imagine there's no Indy, it's easy if you try...

rabbit
05-10-04, 12:52 PM
The Indy 500 itself is on the bubble.

RaceGrrl
05-10-04, 02:01 PM
Good point, rabbit.

stymie
05-10-04, 04:17 PM
If Sarah or Foyt are on the Bubble the IRL should do everything they can to get attempts at bumping. The IRL would gain far more credibility if they are bumped, and even more press if they bump their way back.

Now for the count question, will there be available cars to make the bump possible? Guess we will have to wait until this weekend.

Mike Kellner
05-10-04, 04:31 PM
It's not a car shortage, it's a driver shortage, which is easy to understand. The cars are unsafe, the race isn't very important, and the cost of buying a ride is higher than the typical IRL no talent can afford.

mk

Imagine there's no Indy, it's easy if you try...

RacinM3
05-10-04, 04:41 PM
It matters so little to me that I didn't even read the thread....I just responded.

sundaydriver2
05-10-04, 04:52 PM
:laugh:

That's hilarious M3!

:thumbup:

Fio1
05-11-04, 01:50 AM
Billy Boat will be on the bubble. Jimmy Kite in a Pontiac Grand-Am rental car, rented by PDM racing will try and bump him....

By the way, I too doubt there will be more then 33 cars with a legit chance of making the field. With the shortage of engines, I doubt we will see the John Hollansweorths or Billy Roes of the world jumping into a spare backmarker car.