PDA

View Full Version : Miller and Cheever... together!

Lizzerd
05-10-04, 01:19 AM
On the Sports Extra show tonight on WRTV-6, Robin Miller and Eddie Cheever were sitting side by side being interviewed by the local talking head sports dude. It was great. Right from the get go, RM called EC a Kool-Aid drinker. EC came back with something like he drinks stuff, but not from the same places RM does. RM had EC on his heels thruoughout. Constantly bashing the vision, etc... It was hilarious. RM called John Menard a cheap bastard, asked why TonyBucks couldn't keep Tony Stewart in his league, where are the American short trackers... EC countered with Sam the Man Cornish Hen being American. RM was quick to point out that Sam came from CART feeder series. EC said, well, they drive ovals... Yeah, maybe two or three when Sam was a mid packer in Atlantics?

There were a couple interviews with Dick-son and Gay Helio shown. They echoed Boy George saying that 33 was just a number. It's quality over quantity now. RM went on to point out that one of the greatest moments in bubble day history was when Cheever got in a Menard car late Sunday, took a qual run and was waved off (but fast enough at the time), then went back out with ten minutes to go to make the race. RM went on to point out example after example of guys who built their own engines, put them in a three year old chassis, and making the race made their career. EC brought up the quality over quantity thing again.

When asked by the talking head about what would OW racing be like today if TG hadn't started the irl. EC quickly said "a total disaster". RM pointed out that in 1995 there were 28 CART regulars and 12 Americans, and since then, the irl has put 90 guys in the hospital.

After coming back from a commercial break, RM said that EC poked him in the eye during the break. EC said "If I'd have poked you in the eye, I'd be holding it in my hand right now."

Damm... I wish I would have recorded that. The transcript would be priceless.

Oh yeah... RM was wearing a SPEED TV shirt.

Spicoli
05-10-04, 06:16 AM
That's what I love about RM - he doesn;t give a rat's ass.

Sorry I missed that Bruse.

Madmaxfan2
05-10-04, 09:46 AM
Iam amazed that Robin Miller can still make a living with such honesty. Miller has to be Tony's worst walking PR nightmare. Keep it up, Robin. The invisable hand of Adam Smith will kill the IRL yet.

Eagle104
05-10-04, 10:02 AM
Earlier in the pgm, Dave Furst was intving Helio at the track, mentioning that Sam didn't appear due to him being sick. Dave asked if Helio was making sure to keep clear of Sam for fear of contracting his illness. Helio stumbled with an answer like, "I tell you, i hope don't get it...i was with Sam last night".
:rofl:

Cheever was his usual tool self...and clueless to the max. Very defensive in a pre-determined way. Couldn't keep on topic, but that didn't stop his spew. And, the moment Robin uttered Lord Tony's name...the Lip was ready to duke-it-out. Thaat got his attention. No waay Robin was going to be allowed to take Tony's name in vain.... :shakehead

Funny & scary & pathetic .. not to mention, insipid.