PDA

View Full Version : TV Alert - New Episode (again!) of Dangerous Curves

devilmaster
05-08-04, 11:44 AM
Sunday afternoon at 1:30 pm ET.

Champ Car fans will get an up-close look at the defending series champion and current points leader on this weekend’s installment of Spike TV’s Dangerous Curves show. The show, which follows the behind-the-scenes action and lifestyles of those involved in the Champ Car World Series, airs Sunday afternoon at 1:30 Eastern Time, with a replay that night at 12 a.m.

Host Bronte Tagliani will join Tracy at his Las Vegas home where the Canadian driver shows his vast guitar collection, his stash of driving helmets from many of his racing counterparts and his custom street cars. Tracy also gives a separate interview where he talks about his desire to become the first back-to-back Champ Car title winner since Alex Zanardi in 1997-98.

Bronte and her husband Alex Tagliani (#8 Johnson Controls Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone) will go to a Las Vegas kart track where Alex explains why karting is an integral part of a racer’s training regimen. The Tagliani family, each of whom has their own personal karts, will then hit the track for some hot laps.

Dangerous Curves made the trip to the Milwaukee Mile this week to cover the open test session at the venerable oval track and will have on-track action and interviews from the first two days of the session. In addition, the action of the Champ Car World Series will be set to music with a new music video.

This will be the fourth installment of the Spike TV Champ Car-themed show. Last week’s episode drew a respectable .5 rating on a Sunday afternoon, drawing 411,000 households while the late-night re-air drew another 165,000 households. The show airs Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time for the next two weeks as the series leads into the second race of the 2004 season, the Tecate/Telmex Monterrey Grand Prix. The race will also be shown live on Spike TV as well as on HDNet.

http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7725

Steve

Insomniac
05-08-04, 02:34 PM
That show got better ratings than some of our races last year. :thumbup: to SpikeTV.

KLang
05-08-04, 03:43 PM
The race will also be shown live on Spike TV as well as on HDNet.

HDNet is either a mistake or a change. I'm hoping for a change.

Jag_Warrior
05-09-04, 02:23 PM
HDNet is either a mistake or a change. I'm hoping for a change.

Mark Cuban seems to be one crazy@ss sports fan. His antics with the Mavericks are almost enough to make me tune into an NBA game again... almost. He's relatively young, is loaded, is connected and has a "personality". It would be great to see someone like that join this series.

One question I have, is OWRS being paid by HDNet for these broadcasts? Another question, does Mark Cuban have any interest in motorsports? Does anyone here know anything about him in that area?

devilmaster
05-09-04, 04:01 PM
For Clown and others who don't get Spike....

www.ch2a.ca/steve/curves0509.wmv

Ensure your windows media player codecs are up to date....

Steve

Clown
05-09-04, 08:37 PM
Thanks steve!!
You are truly a god amoungst men :)

KLang
05-09-04, 08:50 PM
One question I have, is OWRS being paid by HDNet for these broadcasts? Another question, does Mark Cuban have any interest in motorsports? Does anyone here know anything about him in that area?

Just a WAG on my part but I suspect there is no money changing hands. HDNET get's some needed original programming and OWRS gets somebody to provide and man the equipment.

You could email and ask him about his racing interests. mcuban@hd.net is the address I believe.

BTW my previous post might not have been clear. HDNet wasn't supposed to be carrying the Mexican or overseas races.

Kiwifan
05-09-04, 09:08 PM
Thank you so much mate. I really really appreciate the effort. We used to get all sorts of shows when we were on ESPN but as we don't get Speed or Spike it's been a Champ Car wasteland of late. :(

This, my friend is what it'a all about. Thanks again Steve. :thumbup:

Rusty.

Robstar
05-09-04, 09:11 PM
Thanks Steve :thumbup:

Jag_Warrior
05-09-04, 11:56 PM
Just a WAG on my part but I suspect there is no money changing hands. HDNET get's some needed original programming and OWRS gets somebody to provide and man the equipment.

You could email and ask him about his racing interests. mcuban@hd.net is the address I believe.

BTW my previous post might not have been clear. HDNet wasn't supposed to be carrying the Mexican or overseas races.

Thanks.

BTW, on the mistake thing, I did misunderstand. I thought you meant a mistake... like my friend's last kid. :laugh: