PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Portland?

Anteater
05-07-04, 09:20 PM
I have tickets and a hotel room, so I will be there! :cool: It will be my first trip to Portland; in fact, I've never been north of Napa Valley. Should be fun!

Greasy Side Down
05-07-04, 10:50 PM
Been to ever one and will be there again.

Anteater
05-21-04, 12:00 PM
Global Events has updated their website with the racing and off-track events schedules for the Champ Car weekend:
http://globaleventsgrouppdx.com/champ_car/schedule.html
http://globaleventsgrouppdx.com/champ_car/event.html

Looks like Greasy Side Down, Cyclepath, and I will have a fine time. :) Anyone else?

datachicane
05-21-04, 05:02 PM
We'll be back in our usual seats in C3 for the 5th year, after umpteen years on the East bank.
I'm definitely looking forward to riding the Max in instead of the usual parking ha$$le!

Anteater
05-25-04, 10:14 PM
Today I received in my mailbox:

*3-day paddock passes
*3-day tickets for reserved seats in Grandstand C1 (we'll only use those seats on raceday, though!)
*A general information flyer, complete with list of events
*A cool sticker that says "Champ Car - WE'RE BACK!"

You have no idea how much I needed this bright spot in a difficult day. CAN'T WAIT FOR PORTLAND! :thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
05-28-04, 03:05 AM
I'll be there, but I'll be going back to my roots on the East Bank after several years in C2/C3. Great seats, but I only use them for two hours over three days, plus I'm toying with the idea of bringing the kid along this year.

datachicane
05-28-04, 12:06 PM
Today I received in my mailbox:

Hmmm, still waiting for mine...
:confused:

Anteater
06-03-04, 01:32 PM
15 days and counting! Did you get your tickets yet, datachicane?

datachicane
06-03-04, 01:43 PM
Still waiting.
Mine are renewals- how about yours?

Anteater
06-03-04, 03:31 PM
Mine are first-time orders, so perhaps I received mine earlier because of that (or because I'm out of state?). Maybe you should give Jeremy at Global Events a call to see what's going on. Super-nice guy; he was very helpful when I ordered my tickets. (503) 821-4344

datachicane
06-04-04, 11:49 AM
I emailed Jeremy and he mentioned a problem w/TM not including a program voucher, and said that he'd hand mailed it Tues.

Sure enough, it was waiting for me at home last night!

racermike
06-08-04, 11:14 PM
I might have room for 1-2 more people (first come first serve) if you need a place to stay for the weekend.

I am near the Airport in NE Portland, and am a 10-15 minute drive from the track.

oddlycalm
06-11-04, 02:15 PM
I emailed Jeremy and he mentioned a problem w/TM not including a program voucher, and said that he'd hand mailed it Tues.

Sure enough, it was waiting for me at home last night!

Pretty great personalized service from Jeremy at Global Events all the way around. I've been really impressed every time I've had a reason to ask him to help me with anything. He's really got his arms wrapped around this and he follows through on anything he promises.

oc

Anteater
06-14-04, 08:18 PM
Just a couple more days until I leave for Portland! :D Is anyone going to the Friday night "Party in the Pearl"?

You folks sure are having some crazy weather up there! Hope the forecast for warmer weather is accurate--that makes packing a litle easier. I'll bring the umbrella just in case.

racermike
06-14-04, 10:01 PM
Forecast looking pretty darn warm for the weekend.

I might go downtown friday night, not sure yet, since I will have been at the track since 7am friday morning.

Will try to update as soon as I know where I am going to be stationed at (hopefully working pit-in)

Michaelhatesfans
06-15-04, 01:21 AM
Ok, let's stop farting around - Where can we hook up? :cool: Friday I'll be stolling around with no particular agenda, and Saturday and Sunday we'll have a tarp on the East Bank if anyone is looking for a shady spot to sit (anyone else plan on being up there?). Let me know, it would be good to knock back a beer with you guys.

Anteater
06-15-04, 11:00 AM
We'll be all over the track on Friday and Sat., plus excursions to the pit & paddock. I propose an Off Camber meeting at Michaelhatesfans' tarp at around 11:30 am on Saturday, right after the Champ Cars qualify. If anyone has any other ideas, please post! I am unfamiliar with PIR.

Thanks for the kind offer, MHF! How will we know which tarp is yours? Will it have a "Michaelhatesfans" sign on it or something? Love the screen name, BTW. :cool:

Anteater
06-15-04, 12:11 PM
:confused: OK, with the weather in mind, I'm trying to pack for the trip. What is the dress code for the pits; are shorts permitted there? I can't seem to find the info on my pit & paddock pass.

Michaelhatesfans
06-15-04, 12:43 PM
You can wear whatever you want in the paddock, no worries. It's different for corner workers and guys who actually might find their way into the pit lane itself, but for Joe Fan, you won't have to worry about what you are wearing.

Michaelhatesfans
06-15-04, 12:53 PM
We'll be all over the track on Friday and Sat., plus excursions to the pit & paddock. I propose an Off Camber meeting at Michaelhatesfans' tarp at around 11:30 am on Saturday, right after the Champ Cars qualify. If anyone has any other ideas, please post! I am unfamiliar with PIR.

Thanks for the kind offer, MHF! How will we know which tarp is yours? Will it have a "Michaelhatesfans" sign on it or something? Love the screen name, BTW. :cool:
Just to avoid confusion, 11:30 Saturday would be right after the first practice session, not qualifying - but yeah, I'll be there!
I'm going back and forth on signage - I'm somewhere between "FTG/NO CRAPWAGONS AT PDX," something like that. I'll make a decision tonight, so I can get down to the craft store (wow, things you never thought that you would hear yourself say, eh?!).

Anteater
06-15-04, 08:55 PM
Just to avoid confusion, 11:30 Saturday would be right after the first practice session

Oops, my goof; I did mean after the first practice session. I look forward to seeing what you create for tarp signage!

Anteater
06-17-04, 01:06 PM
Well, I made it here! I'm visiting a friend in the quaint little town of Canby right now; will head to the hotel in Jantzen Beach this afternoon. You have a nice place here, Oregonians! Can't wait for Friday at the track and all the rest. If you see a gal wearing a burgundy Kermit the Frog t-shirt on Friday, it's probably me. :) I'll be with a tall guy wearing either a tan Yokohama cap or a 7G cap. Do introduce yourselves!

Fitti Fan
06-17-04, 01:31 PM
:cry:

Envious! I picked this smilie because he was green.

Michaelhatesfans
06-17-04, 04:30 PM
Well, I made it here! I'm visiting a friend in the quaint little town of Canby right now; will head to the hotel in Jantzen Beach this afternoon. You have a nice place here, Oregonians! Can't wait for Friday at the track and all the rest. If you see a gal wearing a burgundy Kermit the Frog t-shirt on Friday, it's probably me. :) I'll be with a tall guy wearing either a tan Yokohama cap or a 7G cap. Do introduce yourselves!
Greetings! The weather is always like this. ;) I'll keep an eye out for Kermit. I'll be the guy with a big goofy smirk on his face and a big a*s bag full of diecasts. I might have my green and blue Jordan hat, if I can find it.

datachicane
06-17-04, 07:14 PM
I'll be wearing an old Auto Union shirt, riding a green electric scooter...

Anteater
06-19-04, 10:53 AM
We had a terrific time at the track yesterday; got an excellent tour of the track from Michaelhatesfans, and had a lot of fun on Pit Lane. The heat was a bit much, but we're all better now and ready for another great day at PIR. I think we're going to the Champ Car Inner Circle meeting from 11:30-12:15 (all are welcome), but we'll stop by MHF's tarp after that. Hope to see you there!

I'm wearing a bright orange t-shirt today, and Mr. A. is wearing his 7th Gear hat/shirt. BTW, Bourdais liked my Kermit shirt yesterday! :)

Michaelhatesfans
06-19-04, 10:23 PM
If anyone wants a reference, I'm by the Freightliner sign. Thanks to everyone for stopping by, it was nice to put names with faces!

If you scroll down, you'll see a photo of the tarp!

http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18569&page=1&pp=20

formulaben
06-24-04, 11:12 PM
I'm a loser...I just moved up to Portland from Eugene and my computer was offline for a few days. I hadn't thought to check the forums until AFTER the race...DUH!! Sorry I missed you guys, it would have been fun.

Michaelhatesfans
06-25-04, 02:42 AM
I'm a loser...I just moved up to Portland from Eugene and my computer was offline for a few days. I hadn't thought to check the forums until AFTER the race...DUH!! Sorry I missed you guys, it would have been fun.
There's always ALMS... :cool: