PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day cards

Anteater
05-06-04, 10:36 PM
Is it just me, or was this a lousy year for Mother's Day cards? I had a heck of a time finding any that I liked; they all seemed too syrupy. It was especially tough to locate one that was appropriate for my mother-in-law. I am very sorry to say this, but the woman is a piece of work--extremely self-centered and inclined to blurt out hurtful things. Example: on my birthday, the first thing she said to me was "You were prettier with a few pounds on you." For years she nagged my husband about his weight: he has lost 45 lbs. now, so you'd think she'd be happy. So what does she say to me? "Why doesn't Rick do something about his hair?" :flame:

It was easier to find a card for my mom, but she doesn't go for overly sentimental stuff, either.

Railbird
05-06-04, 11:29 PM
My mother would slap me upside the head if I gave her any of that tripe.

I play it safe, buy her a dozen roses and stop in for a visit before the family celebration.

RaceGrrl
05-06-04, 11:39 PM
Rhyming cards. I hate them. It seemed to be all I could find this year.

Robstar
05-07-04, 12:17 AM
I play it safe, buy her a dozen roses and stop in for a visit before the family celebration.

Same here... & every mum loves getting flowers... :)

Sean O'Gorman
05-07-04, 12:38 AM
Someone bump this thread Saturday afternoon so I dont forget, k? :)

Anteater
05-08-04, 02:01 PM
Bump so no one forgets. :D

pinniped
05-08-04, 05:24 PM
I was noticing the same thing this year...fortunately I have bargained to put off Mother's Day til next weekend so I have more time...

Been meaning to talk to you about Rick's hair ;)

(Hey, at least he HAS hair...when I get my "hair cut" it might mean singular)

cart7
05-08-04, 08:29 PM
Bump so no one forgets. :D
Damn!! I forgot. I hope a phone call gets it. :(

nrc
05-08-04, 09:53 PM
Damn!! I forgot. I hope a phone call gets it. :(

You are in such deep... :p

ChampcarShark
05-10-04, 04:23 PM
Thank God for Greeting Card software and my local Office Depot (that sells card stock paper), and also my hp 2100 printer.

I create my own cards and give away to my mom and sisters.
They always enjoy a personalized card.