PDA

View Full Version : School's Out for Summer

Tifosi24
05-06-04, 05:04 PM
Oh yea!!!! Just got back from taking my last final, and it is a very good thing. Looks like I am doing well with my finals so the semester grades should be of a high quality. It is a beautiful day, so I feel like enjoying it and having some fun. mmm Beer.

racer2c
05-06-04, 05:07 PM
"No more pencils.
No more books.
no more teachers dirty looks."

Enjoy!

Now get a job! :p :)

Lizzerd
05-06-04, 05:41 PM
Ah, finals... What "wonderful" memories, 25 years since I took my last one.

Here's a question for the psychoanalysts out there. My memories of studying for and taking finals were so "wonderful", that even to this day, every few months or so, I have a recurring anxiety dream about them. I find myself fretting because I think I have an exam or a final scheduled for a class, and I realize that I haven't attended class all quarter, or I don't know where it is. Or, I've lost my class schedule and can't remember it, and don't know where to go get a copy, and wonder if I'm ever going to see the "real world". Ever.

RHR_Fan
05-06-04, 06:40 PM
I have five more weeks. But there's only four more weeks until Ryan!!

~Nicole

Tifosi24
05-06-04, 06:57 PM
I already have a job for the summer :p :cool: :)

anait
05-06-04, 06:57 PM
...even to this day, every few months or so, I have a recurring anxiety dream about them. I find myself fretting because I think I have an exam or a final scheduled for a class, and I realize that I haven't attended class all quarter, or I don't know where it is.

Right there with ya, Lizzerd. As well as having not attended since day one, I also dream I haven't completed a single assignment. :eek: No marks to be salvaged, no time to frantically do them.

And it's always math, which is weird. I loved math, always did the assigned work. Maybe it's because the one university course I took, Linear Algebra, I taught myself the material, when it became apparent that the prof couldn't seem to complete a single proof correctly. :rolleyes:

Lizzerd
05-06-04, 07:16 PM
Right there with ya, Lizzerd. As well as having not attended since day one, I also dream I haven't completed a single assignment. :eek: No marks to be salvaged, no time to frantically do them.

And it's always math, which is weird. I loved math, always did the assigned work. Maybe it's because the one university course I took, Linear Algebra, I taught myself the material, when it became apparent that the prof couldn't seem to complete a single proof correctly. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, anait. I thought I was just weird or schitzo or something. (No further comments necessary).

P.S. Linear Algebra is one of the few of the many math classes that I did well in.

rabbit
05-06-04, 07:54 PM
Five days of class and two days of finals to go here...

Sean O'Gorman
05-06-04, 09:17 PM
I have those recurring dreams almost every night, its horrible. Not so much in the sense that they are nightmares, but the fact that even when I'm asleep apparantly all I can think about is not doing school work or screwing up on the job. :confused: :saywhat:

As for me, I have my finals next week; This is the most laid back I've ever been going into them, because only one of them is borderline A/B. The rest are either easy A's or are right in the middle, with no chance of going up or down. The biggest frustration is that I was getting 70-76% scores in my finance class until the last two weeks, where I've been pulling down grades in the 95-100% range.

Unfortunately I only have one week off until summer class starts, 8 AM-9:30 AM Mon-Thurs for Intro To Marketing. Yay. :thumdown:

flobee1kenobi
05-07-04, 09:23 AM
I take my FINAL final forever in less that three weeks!
I'm taking a bottle of something with me that night so all of us can celebrate out in the parking lot after the test

Cam
05-07-04, 09:47 AM
Thanks for that, anait. I thought I was just weird or schitzo or something. (No further comments necessary).

P.S. Linear Algebra is one of the few of the many math classes that I did well in.

Although Math and Trig are what I do for a living, I bombed outta college math when they presented me with the fact that the square root of -1 = i. My brain instantly shut down and all logic failed me at that point. A big "F" ensued! :gomer:

G.
05-07-04, 02:04 PM
Although Math and Trig are what I do for a living, I bombed outta college math when they presented me with the fact that the square root of -1 = i. My brain instantly shut down and all logic failed me at that point. A big "F" ensued! :gomer:In elec engineering, that i is a j. I kinda like the imaginary numbers. My fave is eleventeen. :gomer:

Lizzerd
05-07-04, 04:19 PM
I actually solved a homework problem that I had been wrestling with (EE course) in a dream. I got out of bed at 3AM, finished the assignment, and went back to sleep. True story!

Lizzerd
05-07-04, 04:22 PM
In elec engineering, that i is a j. I kinda like the imaginary numbers. My fave is eleventeen. :gomer:

Yeah, it's weird how those nonexistant numbers make everything come out right. Doesn't make sense until you have to use them. Square root of -1... hmmm...

Chaos
05-07-04, 07:08 PM
Yeah, it's weird how those nonexistant numbers make everything come out right. Doesn't make sense until you have to use them. Square root of -1... hmmm...

good ol' imaginary numbers

cart7
05-07-04, 10:13 PM
I just finished my A.A.S today!! Done, finished!! Everyones pushing me to get the Bachelors but another 6 years going at night is more than I can take.

Cam
05-08-04, 12:00 AM
In elec engineering, that i is a j. I kinda like the imaginary numbers. My fave is eleventeen. :gomer:

20 years removed It stiill doesnt compute or make sense. Guess I am a dumazz after all :gomer:

Ankf00
05-08-04, 11:52 AM
20 years removed It stiill doesnt compute or make sense. Guess I am a dumazz after all :gomer:
it doesn't make sense.

it's not supposed to.

circuits and electromag are the spawn of satan himself.

Audi_A4
05-08-04, 01:45 PM
Oh yea!!!! Just got back from taking my last final, and it is a very good thing. Looks like I am doing well with my finals so the semester grades should be of a high quality. It is a beautiful day, so I feel like enjoying it and having some fun. mmm Beer.

:gomer: Remember don't let school get in the way of your education! :gomer:

:p

Ankf00
05-17-04, 10:21 PM
it's not just done for summer, it's done foreeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

:thumbup: :D

as for those crying about linear algebra & matrices... WUSSY!!!!!!!!! :p

JLMannin
05-18-04, 12:32 PM
I actually solved a homework problem that I had been wrestling with (EE course) in a dream. I got out of bed at 3AM, finished the assignment, and went back to sleep. True story!

I did that a time or two, myself. One time in particular involved a very difficult physical chemistry problem. I solved it in my dream, got up and scribbled down the solution and went back to bed, clearly satisfied with myself. When I got up the next morning, I could not read any of it - it was purely illegable. I specifically remember having the ureka and solving the problem, but I could not remember any of it.

I took my last final about 14 years ago, and I have not had a summer break since. :(

KLang
05-18-04, 12:46 PM
it's not just done for summer, it's done foreeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

:thumbup: :D

Congrats, Ankf00. Now get a job! ;)

Ankf00
05-18-04, 01:58 PM
Congrats, Ankf00. Now get a job! ;)
tnx.

and hellz no.

i'm gonna become a smelly homeless drag rat, be a leach on the system, let all y'alls taxes pay my way ;)

G.
05-19-04, 10:38 AM
tnx.

and hellz no.

i'm gonna become a smelly homeless drag rat, be a leach on the system, let all y'alls taxes pay my way ;)So you're staying in school then? :p

In a neat curriculum twist, I was able to get credit for linear algebra for TWO classes. Same material in both classes, but one was focused on business cases. Easy A. :)

Many times I have solved problems in my sleep, once during a final exam. :eek: Not an easy A for that one.

Circuits and electromag pay all of my bills quite nicely, thank you.

Sean O'Gorman
05-19-04, 11:44 AM
Well it only took me 3 years, but I finally broke my spring semester jinx and pulled off a 3.2! Every fall I end up in the 3.2-3.5 range, only to have a bad spring and bring my average down with a 2.4 or around that range, so I'm pretty happy. Of course, my high will go down when I start summer class on Monday, but I'll worry about that later. ;)

Dirty Sanchez
05-19-04, 12:08 PM
Man, I don't miss school.

During my final semester, the only class I had on MWF was Bowling and I still skipped it. :laugh:

Ankf00
05-19-04, 01:26 PM
So you're staying in school then? :p
Circuits and electromag pay all of my bills quite nicely, thank you.
I wish. oh well.

anywho, how's that career for the devil working out for ya? ;) :p

found a review sheet last nite my friend had for his business math final, the same stuff from 8th grade algebra, it was hilarious, what's a function, how do you graph a straight line, a parabola :rofl:

cart7
05-19-04, 02:06 PM
I wish. oh well.

anywho, how's that career for the devil working out for ya?

found a review sheet last nite my friend had for his business math final, the same stuff from 8th grade algebra, it was hilarious, what's a function, how do you graph a straight line, a parabola :rofl:

I had business math in my degree. Unbelievable. We were learning the fine art of how to fill out a check.
:saywhat:

I felt like I was an inmate being trained to re-integrate back into society. :laugh:

Ankf00
05-20-04, 04:30 PM
I had business math in my degree. Unbelievable. We were learning the fine art of how to fill out a check.
:saywhat:

I felt like I was an inmate being trained to re-integrate back into society. :laugh:
:rofl: AWESOME!!

i'll never forget the day one of my best friends told me he had this super hard stuff his 4th semester into school saying "it's called a definite integral, it's frikkin crazy man" !!!

anywho

pork ribs
bell peppers
squash
onions
jalapeners
drumsticks
sausages
lone star
pabst
miller
(bbq worthy beer)

and my swimming pool, EVERYONE COME BY!!!!! :D

i'm gonna break,
i'm gonna break my,
i'm gonna break my rusty caaaage,

and run.

RTKar
05-20-04, 07:10 PM
Man, I don't miss school.

During my final semester, the only class I had on MWF was Bowling and I still skipped it. :laugh:

Man....my junior year, didn't have a course on Thursdays my First Semester...did alot of grouse hunting and fishing that year...got to go out Wednesday night too with little ramifications.... if you know what I mean. Sometimes I miss school, sometimes I don't....campus bar, cheap Leinies on tap :thumbup: ...fond memories.

Ankf00
05-21-04, 01:14 AM
man

i ****ing love my lil cousins

lil douches aren't showing up cuz famliy friend is graduating HS, that pisses me off, been looking after em my whole bloody live, took so much flak over theirs, and they go play innocent, oh well, older bro's job i guess... that's b's though, i lay tracks for trubadurs, who get killed before they reach bombay!~!!!!!!

Ankf00
05-21-04, 01:15 AM
man

i ****ing love my lil cousins

lil douches aren't showing up cuz famliy friend is graduating HS, that pisses me off, older bro vs. stupid fam friend, ARGH!!!!!! been looking after em my whole bloody live, took so much flak over theirs, and they go play innocent, oh well, older bro's job i guess... that's b's though, i lay tracks for trubadurs, who get killed before they reach bombay!~!!!!!!