PDA

View Full Version : Bourdais testing accident

RaceGrrl
05-06-04, 02:39 PM
AR1 is reporting that Bourdais totalled his car in testing but he's okay. Heard this on another site, does anyone have details?

JoeBob
05-06-04, 02:46 PM
The story is that a slower car (Philippe)was exiting the pit as Bourdais exited T2. The dirty air from the slower car caused him to lose control.

He's fine, but I'm sure "Bourdais in big accident" sold some subscriptions.

Nothing like teasing injury for your own personal gain. That MarkC is a class act.

RaceGrrl
05-06-04, 02:48 PM
Thanks. I see that the "RaceGrrl" curse applies this year too. Damn. No matter who I pick, they lose. I guess I'll cheer for Tracy this year. :p

devilmaster
05-06-04, 02:53 PM
So what yer saying is........

You take full responsibility for Nappy???

SWEET!!!!!

Hey Nappy, she said it! she said it! :D

Steve

RaceGrrl
05-06-04, 03:11 PM
Ummm... that was YOUR fault. I'm actually thinking about Cookie Boy's bad luck.

devilmaster
05-06-04, 03:12 PM
Ummm... that was YOUR fault.

Nuh-uh.

:D
Steve

fourrunner
05-06-04, 04:44 PM
That Nelson Phillipe should get a haircut so he can see better ! ;)

Ziggy
05-06-04, 04:46 PM
The sites due tend to sensationalize the testing accidents. I will wait to hear about it from someone who was either there or knows the truth. I remember last season of a testing crash which a car was supposed to be totaled (Bruno maybe) and it turns out he ran off the course (Laguna Seca) and tore some body panels off.

:mad:

RaceGrrl
05-06-04, 04:49 PM
Agreed, Ziggy. That's why I asked if anyone had the real scoop. I don't trust anything Sillypony says.

KLang
05-06-04, 04:54 PM
That Nelson Phillipe should get a haircut so he can see better ! ;)

Probably that hair flapping in the breeze disturbs the air for the cars trying to overtake him. :)

G.
05-06-04, 06:46 PM
Probably that hair flapping in the breeze disturbs the air for the cars trying to overtake him. :)He should feel lucky that he doesn't have a big honkin airbox behind him to suck him into the engine.

anait
05-06-04, 07:01 PM
He should feel lucky that he doesn't have a big honkin airbox behind him to suck him into the engine.

I hope he's careful in hot tubs!! :eek: :)

XFT
05-06-04, 08:45 PM
press release from NHR

MILWAUKEE (May 6, 2004) -McDonald's® driver Sebastien Bourdais was involved in a testing accident at approx. 9:15 a.m. CST today but did not sustain any injuries. It was the second of a two-day test that began yesterday at the 1.032-mile Milwaukee Mile oval at the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds. Bourdais lost control of his race car between Turns 1 & 2 and made heavy contact with the concrete wall at the exit of Turn 2. The extent of the damage will not be known until the car returns to the race shop in Lincolnshire, Ill. He resumed testing in his backup race car until rain ended the day in mid-afternoon.

"I was probably going 150 mph when the back end of the car swapped ends between the first and second turns," said Bourdais. "There was no warning. It was a hard hit but fortunately I was okay. We were able to continue testing in the back up car until the rain came."

Both Bourdais and PacifiCare driver Bruno Junqueira tested yesterday while Bourdais continued today. Neither the amount of miles completed nor the best lap time was available at release time.

Newman/Haas Racing, owned by actor/race car driver Paul Newman and racing entrepreneur Carl A. Haas, is the most successful team competing in the Champ Car World Series. The team is in the midst of their 22nd season in Champ Car competition in 2004 and will attempt to score their fifth overall title after winning 73 races and 78 pole positions. Current drivers Bruno Junqueira and Sebastien Bourdais were preceded at the team by Mario and Michael Andretti, Nigel Mansell, Paul Tracy, Christian Fittipaldi and Cristiano da Matta. For more information log on to www.newman-haas.com, www.brunojunqueira.com, www.sebastien-bourdais.com or www.champcarworldseries.com.

Al Czervik
05-06-04, 09:56 PM
Good to hear that he's OK. Also glad that it wasn't Bruno in the car. All the whining and crying could have flooded the pit lane.

Napoleon
05-07-04, 12:44 PM
Hey Nappy, she said it! she said it! :D

Yes she did!

I'll send here a bill for all the parts I had to replace.

Insomniac
05-08-04, 02:25 PM
I guess I'll cheer for Tracy this year. :p

Stay away from PT! ;)