PDA

View Full Version : Any Fans Of LIVE Here?

Dave99
05-05-04, 07:25 PM
I've been a fan of their music since the early 90's.

Turns out they were giving a free concert last Saturday evening at the California Speedway during the NASCAR weekend for any and all ticket holders.

The setlist was just ok but they're still a great band. Of course I guess it helps when you leave the concert with a drumstick, a pic and a setlist, lol.

Here's a link to the pics I shot that evening. I didn't have a strobe or high speed film but I did the best I could with the camera's manual settings.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4091257&a=31226591&p=68011256

Robstar
05-05-04, 07:39 PM
"The way you're bathed in light... reminds me of the night..."

I love 'em :thumbup: - even though their tunes can sometimes sound the same... :eek:

turn1
05-05-04, 09:29 PM
I have seen them several times here in Cleveland, where they have a nice fan base since I believe they are from nearby Erie PA. Great act overall - and I got to hear Lighting Crashes outdoors during the middle of a thunderstorm.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-05-04, 10:10 PM
Would you call them freaks?

jcollins28
05-05-04, 10:13 PM
I was surprised to see them at Cali. That was by far the best concert they have ever had there.

racer2c
05-05-04, 10:16 PM
I didn't know they were a Christian band until this year. Hmm. Christian's rock.

manic mechanic
05-06-04, 01:05 AM
I have some pics of the concert too. When I have the time to post them, I'll provide a link. ;)

manic

Insomniac
05-06-04, 07:23 AM
Big fan here. :)

KaBoom21
05-07-04, 09:08 AM
Haven't listened to Throwing Copper in ages, but I was always a sucker for "Selling the Drama." Good tune.

cartcanuck
05-07-04, 09:24 AM
I didn't know they were a Christian band until this year. Hmm. Christian's rock.

:) If you haven't listened to any recent Christian rock, you'd be surprised. After all, Creed is a Christian band. And if you want to check any other stuff out, check out Thousand Foot Krutch.....they'd give guys like the offspring a run for their money. Others that are great, the Newsboys and Audio Adrenaline and Switchfoot.

Dave99
05-09-04, 05:57 PM

I've never considered their music as Christian, per se, though I know Live made its name by combining religious themes with equally intense music. I guess the fine line between genuine soul-searching and preaching is in the eye of the beholder.

I once loaned one of their CD's to a co-worker (a Christian at that) and he took a quick look at the lyric sheet and gave it right back to me. :confused:

Ankf00
05-09-04, 07:49 PM
:) If you haven't listened to any recent Christian rock, you'd be surprised. After all, Creed is a Christian band.
ya, and after all, creed blows total balls... :rofl:

at least there's collective soul and live to give christian rock a respectable name, or at least a name that doesnt equate to utterly egotistic self-serving lead man like Creed :D