PDA

View Full Version : Need Help; Champcar Ministries

Fitti Fan
05-04-04, 11:31 AM
Although I posted on the Milwaukee Gatherings site, a friend suggested a broader post here.

I am interested in locating either a priest or reverend who will be attending or could attend the Milwaukee race, June 5. Someone in Champcar Ministries or someone who is a racefan would be great. Obviously, BMEP and I have a plan up our sleeves, but he has had little luck attempting to contact people through the websites.

I think you all know, BMEP and I got together because of Wicker Bill, his 7th Gear Photo Page and CART. This would be really special to us if we could make it fly. If you have any ideas, help, suggestions, please let me know.

(You're all invited of course! ;) )

M

JoeBob
05-04-04, 11:45 AM
Anyone can ordain themselves on the Internet. http://www.ulc.org/

You'll want to check the laws of each state to see what is legal. Some states require only a certificate, some require registration and a fee, some require some paperwork, and some don't care at all.

I performed a wedding in Michigan - their only law is that you are "Actively preaching in the state." A conversation with the county clerk revealed that there is really no way for them to confirm that, and they don't check.

Here's who can officiate in Wisconsin ( http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/p/wisconsin.htm )

Ordained member of the clergy, a judge, a court commissioner, or certain religious appointees. You and your prospective spouse may officiate under established customs or rules of some religions.

(I did find a note that if your officiant is not a resident of the state of Wisconsin you should contact the county clerk's office. You might just want to call and find out what the requirements are, if you're interested in having a friend, relative, or whatever perform the ceremony.)

Warlock!
05-04-04, 11:47 AM
(You're all invited of course! ;) )

It's not gonna be one of them goofy "dry" receptions, is it?

Warlock!

FRANKY
05-04-04, 11:49 AM
Ask this guy.

Director of Public Relations
Jim Tretow
jtretow@milwaukeemile.com

JoeBob
05-04-04, 11:57 AM
I suppose I should answer the original question too:
http://www.cartministries.org/

Fitti Fan
05-04-04, 12:02 PM
It's not gonna be one of them goofy "dry" receptions, is it?

Warlock!

Did you say you were supplying the beverages? ;)

Madmaxfan2
05-04-04, 12:52 PM
Does CART ministries still exist? Father Phil had connections with the Anderetti's, we all know what happened there.

CARTNUT
05-04-04, 01:36 PM
I am interested in locating either a priest or reverend who will be attending or could attend the Milwaukee race, June 5. Someone in Champcar Ministries or someone who is a racefan would be great.

I am a racefan!

And now the CARTNUTs are seriously considering attending the Milwaukee race in June!!! ;) :D :confused:

ChampcarShark
05-04-04, 02:03 PM
Many times while doing work for church, (getting quotes from tv and newspaper, buying sound equipment, buying maintenance supplies) I have been called a Pastor.

If I qualify,

I will just settle for tickects and accommodations to the race.
I can take my own bilbe with me.

Fitti Fan
05-04-04, 02:08 PM
I am a racefan!

And now the CARTNUTs are seriously considering attending the Milwaukee race in June!!! ;) :D :confused:

Heck, I'd love it if you could do the job CARTNUT!!! You never told me you were ordained!!! ;)

devilmaster
Does CART ministries still exist? Father Phil had connections with the Anderetti's, we all know what happened there.

The website and weblink survived the cart.com makeover....

I assume its still around
Steve

Fitti Fan
Many times while doing work for church, (getting quotes from tv and newspaper, buying sound equipment, buying maintenance supplies) I have been called a Pastor.

If I qualify,

I will just settle for tickects and accommodations to the race.
I can take my own bilbe with me.

Now this was the kind of reply I was hoping for!!!! :rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
05-04-04, 02:47 PM
Didn't JoeBob become an ordained minister over the Internet? I say we do that with WickerBill, and have him do the ceremony. :D

Fitti Fan
05-04-04, 03:05 PM
Didn't JoeBob become an ordained minister over the Internet? I say we do that with WickerBill, and have him do the ceremony. :D

I'd actually thought of that before but was afraid to ask!

racermike
05-04-04, 03:16 PM
Father Phil loves doing this kind of stuff, be sure to email him.

devilmaster
05-04-04, 03:21 PM
I'd actually thought of that before but was afraid to ask!

Smart Girl.... ;) :D

Steve

FCYTravis
05-04-04, 03:22 PM
Champ Car Ministries is very much in operation.

http://www.cartministries.org

No raceday corner worker meeting would be complete without Rev. Bob Pirtle...

JoeBob
05-04-04, 03:27 PM

Way to read the first reply in the thread, Wussy. :)

That said, I thought about suggesting WB too. Of course, ordaining yourself on the Internet and performing wedding ceremonies greatly increases your chances of being struck by lightning. ;) It isn't something for everyone.

Sean O'Gorman
05-04-04, 04:34 PM
Way to read the first reply in the thread, Wussy. :)

Somehow I missed the first two posts in this topic. Stupid "Skip to First Unread" button isn't always right. ;)

RHR_Fan
05-04-04, 05:32 PM
You need anyone for music? I can play the wedding march song, seeing as we're doing that for our spring concert. Our spring concert is May 17th if anyone wants to attend...

~Nicole

IlliniRacer
05-04-04, 10:59 PM
A guy I used to work with could do it if you are in a pinch. He is ordained and has a degree in Theology. His name is "Truck." He received his degree and ordination during an "extended stay" at the fine accomidations of the Joliet Correctional Facility. To add a little color to the ceremony he has a tatoo of an eagle on his hand the shoots flames up his entire left arm and left side of his head. A very pleasent fellow - honestly.

DjDrOmusic
05-05-04, 01:40 AM
Believe it or not I have an ordination from ULC, someone wanted me to take care of everything for their wedding...the music for the service, the reception entertainment and the ceremony itself....I'd still write Fr. Phil though! :)

Amanda B.'s Mom
05-05-04, 08:50 PM
Congrats!!!!!

I don;t know if Ned Wicker is still associated with Cart Ministries. He is ordained and lives in Wisconsin, near Milwaukee. he is the former publisher of Indy CAr Magazine (before and after the split).

If you contact him say i referred you! Amandas Mom from Raod America.

Fitti Fan
05-05-04, 09:10 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your help. It looks like Champcar Ministries has come through. Wow, this is going to be great!!!

Still counting on those beverages Warlock!

:)

M