PDA

View Full Version : Chat???

RaceCat
05-04-04, 12:29 AM
It's probably me, and something that I'm doing wrong, but when I click on the "chat" link at the bottom of the page I get an error message. Any ideas?

Thanks.

RaceCat

manic mechanic
05-04-04, 12:31 AM
It's probably me, and something that I'm doing wrong, but when I click on the "chat" link at the bottom of the page I get an error message. Any ideas?

Thanks.

RaceCat

I'm getting the same "404" message...I'm gonna try a different route.

meet you there, 'Cat.

manic

Robstar
05-04-04, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by devilmaster
C'mon in folks!!! We're having a blast...

Temporary link/instructions:

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/chat/chat1.html

click yes when it asks to load jpilot software...

when the login screen comes up:

Change your name from jpilot to what you want...

Change the channel from jpilot to offcamber

Change the server name from irc.jpilot.com to irc.different.net

Click connect now.

RaceCat
05-04-04, 01:35 AM
Tried it....I'm a total internet looser! It's not working. Thanks for trying to help me out. I'll try again tomorrow or something. :rolleyes: Thanks again.

RaceCAt

Fitti Fan
05-13-04, 12:21 PM
I've still never been able to get the darn thing to work. I need my Champcar Chat!!!!

anait
05-26-04, 02:07 PM
I've still never been able to get the darn thing to work. I need my Champcar Chat!!!!

I need it, too! :cool: A wee bit o' adult conversation keeps me sane during the day. Steve's temporary link works great for me - he's set it up so all you have to change is your screen name, which is great.

heheh...I need to get out more. Sometimes I find myself alone in chat singing Air Supply tunes... :eek: :rofl:

anait
05-29-04, 11:13 AM
If you're the first person into the chat room, do you get the smilie face with sunglasses? Last time I was in I thought I had a plain ol' smilie face...

devilmaster
05-29-04, 11:15 AM
If you're the first person into the chat room, do you get the smilie face with sunglasses? Last time I was in I thought I had a plain ol' smilie face...

If Marvin (the bot) is gone, and you are the first in the room, it defaults to you becoming the admin for the room....

Steve

anait
05-29-04, 11:18 AM
If Marvin (the bot) is gone, and you are the first in the room, it defaults to you becoming the admin for the room....

Steve

Aha. Ultimate chat power. :thumbup:

devilmaster
05-29-04, 11:21 AM
Aha. Ultimate chat power. :thumbup:

<never mind> :D

Steve