PDA

View Full Version : Great Robin Miller quote

RichK
05-03-04, 03:40 PM
"I still can't believe Jim Clark had to take a rookie test but Larry Foyt didn't."

Brickman
05-03-04, 03:52 PM
"I still can't believe Jim Clark had to take a rookie test but Larry Foyt didn't."

It's as dumb as it gets. Guess they want to show bubble day is alive and well... :shakehead

Madmaxfan2
05-03-04, 03:52 PM
He is just that good, folks.

pchall
05-03-04, 04:25 PM

I have a week's worth of posts to explain why USAC/IMS could get away with that crap. It's not like they even wanted to put up doors on the crappers to take care of some non-gomer sensibilities in the mid-60s.

JLMannin
05-04-04, 12:49 PM
I assume that Fittipaldi, Piquet, and Mansell all also had to pass the muster of a rookie test as well.

If Larry got a Foyt special rev-limiter, could he even handle it?

RacinM3
05-04-04, 01:48 PM
Hey, man, these chassis/motors are LIMITED! Can't afford to write off any more! I'm sure he'll also be able to bypass qualifying too, to ensure he has a car with 4 wheels to start the race.

cartcanuck
05-05-04, 12:54 PM
Today's Indy rookie test: "Open your wallet, empty all your cash on the counter......$500,000.....Ok, you passed....thank you Mr. Foyt"

Chitowncartfreak
05-05-04, 01:24 PM
I assume that Fittipaldi, Piquet, and Mansell all also had to pass the muster of a rookie test as well.

Yes, yes, and yes.

4wheeldrifter
05-05-04, 01:32 PM
It's not like they even wanted to put up doors on the crappers to take care of some non-gomer sensibilities in the mid-60s.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Always an issue with this non-gomer when I was still "going" at/to the Speedway.