PDA

View Full Version : Spotted today at Rally's (NOT a photoshop)

RaceGrrl
05-02-04, 08:22 PM
http://www.canfoundation.org/media/3793.jpg

Jervis Tetch 1
05-02-04, 08:53 PM
Chalk up another one for the European "Find of the Year." :gomer:

Ziggy
05-02-04, 09:12 PM
She makes a fine poster child

Ziggy

lone_groover
05-02-04, 09:26 PM
Notice you have to buy a Sarah-size portion in order for them to make a donation.

:)

Jay
05-02-04, 09:52 PM
Notice you have to buy a Sarah-size portion in order for them to make a donation.

:)lol... :rofl:

Chief
05-03-04, 12:54 PM
That poster makes me think Sarah is the beneficiary of the donations for her Autism. Am I reading into this too much? :gomer:

chop456
05-03-04, 01:08 PM
If Rally's is the official hamburger, Tony can be the official vegetable.

Spicoli
05-03-04, 03:44 PM
Looks like she's ready to bite somebody. Or is it just time for a feeding.

At least they could have put a bib on her.

KLang
05-03-04, 03:45 PM
That poster makes me think Sarah is the beneficiary of the donations for her Autism. Am I reading into this too much? :gomer:

That's the way it looks to me too.

Madmaxfan2
05-03-04, 03:52 PM
You guys are cruel, and funny! :laugh:

RaceGrrl
05-03-04, 04:16 PM

That was my point in stating that it wasn't a photoshop. It looks like the person who designed that ad is a ChampCar fan!
:D

pchall
05-03-04, 04:21 PM
Why would anyone promoting an autisms fund use such a retarded/deranged font?

Madmaxfan2
05-03-04, 04:35 PM
Pchall, the in-house shop at IMS did the graphics so Sarah can get the sponsorship from Rally's. It was TG's attempt at a B2B deal!

Chaos
05-03-04, 04:56 PM
can someone please explain to me how a charity is sponsoring a team (assuming CAN is a charity)...that makes no sense to me.

RichK
05-03-04, 04:59 PM
can someone please explain to me how a charity is sponsoring a team (assuming CAN is a charity)...that makes no sense to me.

I think that other companies give money to CAN, with CAN getting the exposure on the car. The other companies then can write off the money because they gave it to a charity. Anyone who knows better: feel free to correct me!

Now, about that poster: :shakehead

RacinM3
05-03-04, 05:12 PM
OMG:
If Rally's is the official hamburger, Tony can be the official vegetable. That's some funny s****...

What a perfect way to promote to a lobotomized fan base. :thumbup:

Spicoli
05-03-04, 07:24 PM

CAN is a charity and has always been associated with an EARL car. Not sure where the connect is, but they are always on some loser's car in the back of the field.

pineapple
05-03-04, 11:40 PM
CAN is a charity and has always been associated with an EARL car. Not sure where the connect is, but they are always on some loser's car in the back of the field.

Then that sort of defeats their purpose of increasing contributions doesn't it? Plastering a logo on that ugly sidepod of a backmarker that no one ever sees really does a lot to bring attention to your cause. :gomer: The genius of marketing at IMS astounds me.

Poor Sarah, she looks like one of the kids whom this charity would benefit; look at the smile your donation puts on this kid's face - please give generously.

G.
05-05-04, 01:31 PM
Then that sort of defeats their purpose of increasing contributions doesn't it? Plastering a logo on that ugly sidepod of a backmarker that no one ever sees really does a lot to bring attention to your cause.

No, no no, pine, you're missing the genius. Think of most roundy broadcasts. Which cars get TV time? The leading 5 and the wallslappers. If you can't afford to run with the big dogs, find a wallslapper to sponsor. :gomer:

pineapple
05-05-04, 05:08 PM
No, no no, pine, you're missing the genius. Think of most roundy broadcasts. Which cars get TV time? The leading 5 and the wallslappers. If you can't afford to run with the big dogs, find a wallslapper to sponsor. :gomer:

:D But if it's all wadded up you can't read the logos anyway.

Besides, if she wads it up folks will think there's a direct correlation between the sponsor's organization and the driver's limitations.

JoeBob
05-05-04, 06:20 PM
And, in an unrelated story:
http://images.saleshound.com/smartcircular/retailerpromotionpageimages/marshsupermarkets/large/040502_1_b_m.jpg

SteveH
05-05-04, 09:07 PM
If you win the contest, you have your choice of attending the Texas race, the Nazareth race or the Brickyard 400! But its an Indy 500 promotion. :gomer:

RaceGrrl
05-05-04, 11:03 PM
I had the same thought, Steve.

Mike Kellner
05-05-04, 11:17 PM
"If you win the contest, you have your choice of attending the Texas race, the Nazareth race or the Brickyard 400! But its an Indy 500 promotion."

Why would anybody enter to win Indy 500 Tickets? There will be open gates by 10:30 on race day.

Who are the guys holding the Cokes? They look vaguely familiar, are they in a boy band? I don't keep up on that stuff.

mk

IlliniRacer
05-05-04, 11:26 PM
Who are the guys holding the Cokes? They look vaguely familiar, are they in a boy band? I don't keep up on that stuff.

mk

I'm not sure, but I think I've seen the top one buying Judy Garland prints and humming an Andrew Lloyd Webber tune.

Mike Kellner
05-05-04, 11:43 PM
I got it, they are in one of those make over shows.

mk

TravelGal
05-07-04, 01:46 AM
I was slogging along through the thread with the Sarah stuff. At least she's smiling and innocuous enough but when I got to the Coke boys, I nearly barfed. I'm mean really, have they NO shame? (no need to answer, it's pretty obvious) :o

oddlycalm
05-07-04, 05:02 PM
Looks like she's ready to bite somebody. Or is it just time for a feeding.

At least they could have put a bib on her.

Yup, feeding time... I seen that look before in a hog barn. Them Nomex suits comes in handier than a person might expect, 'specially with your overly enthusiastic and indiscriminate feeders. No matter how much sizzling hot pork fat that drizzles off'n 'er chin, ain't gonna be no burnt hide on Miss Piggy. :D

oc