PDA

View Full Version : THE Race in May

Jag_Warrior
05-01-04, 06:05 PM
Smarty Jones. Come on, Smarty Jones!!! :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
05-01-04, 06:18 PM
YESSSSSSS! YESSSSSSS! YESSSSSSSS! I picked the right f'n HORSE!!! Only time in my entire life I picked the right horse!

And I won... not a d@mn thing. :(

Tall1
05-01-04, 08:16 PM
I picked him also. Loved it when his turbo kicked in at the top of the home stretch. Total winnings? Zip, nada, nothing! Probably a better race than that other big race in May.

EDwardo
05-01-04, 08:23 PM
Every year, watching the Derby is a bit unsettling for me. After all, its a bunch of horses @sses going in a big circle.
and, as in years past, I failed miserably in picking the winning horse. Lucky for me I am too much of a cheapskate to bet any money.

Jag_Warrior
05-01-04, 08:34 PM
Other race in May? Hmm, Long Beach was in April. Le Mans and Monaco (still on for 2010, right?) aren't til June. Other race? :confused: :)

About the only thing I know about animals is I hate to feed them... and most of them taste good with onions and mushrooms. But pick a horse and have something to root for. I'd heard this horse had bumped his head on more than one occasion, so I rooted for him. I gotta hang with the creatures I can relate to. I guess I'll watch the rest of the Triple Crown races now. :thumbup:

mexican
05-02-04, 04:13 AM
After all, its a bunch of horses @sses going in a big circle.

Am I allowed to turn this into an IRL thread now?

lone_groover
05-02-04, 12:14 PM
:D

nz_climber
05-02-04, 09:38 PM
I agree with jag... which race in may ? the only race i know in may is presented by telmex and telcate - therefore this thread is in the wrong place :p

cart7
05-03-04, 05:47 AM
I think there is another race in May fella's, besides those listed above. Apparently, plenty of good seats are still available and it sounds like 'bird may get his wish of plenty 'O legroom. ;)

JLMannin
05-03-04, 12:40 PM
I think there is another race in May fella's, besides those listed above. Apparently, plenty of good seats are still available and it sounds like 'bird may get his wish of plenty 'O legroom. ;)

Which one are you talking about, Limerock or Charlotte? :gomer:

Jag_Warrior
05-03-04, 09:40 PM
Which one are you talking about, Limerock or Charlotte? :gomer:

Charlotte! How could I forget?! The Co-Cola 600.

Hey, what's this thing against southerners here?! Ya gotta Gomer, how come ya don't got a Goober?! That ain't Goob! That's Cousin Gomer! :gomer:

As Founder, Chairman, President, Treasurer and sole dues payin' member of the Pilot Mountain George Lindsey Fan Club, I demand satisfaction, suh! Don't make me call Floyd!

Speakin' of Coca-Cola, I heard there used to be this other race in May that was pretty popular. Then some guy who I've heard really liked Coke ruined it - can't even get 33 cars there now. At the last Fan Club meet, I was discussing (with myself) how and why a fellow would wanna drink Coke outta one of them lil spoons. :confused:

Tall1
05-03-04, 11:30 PM

Hey, what's this thing against southerners here?! Ya gotta Gomer, how come ya don't got a Goober?! That ain't Goob! That's Cousin Gomer! :gomer:

As Founder, Chairman, President, Treasurer and sole dues payin' member of the Pilot Mountain George Lindsey Fan Club, I demand satisfaction, suh! Don't make me call Floyd!

Speakin' of Coca-Cola, I heard there used to be this other race in May that was pretty popular. Then some guy who I've heard really liked Coke ruined it - can't even get 33 cars there now. At the last Fan Club meet, I was discussing (with myself) how and why a fellow would wanna drink Coke outta one of them lil spoons. :confused:

Tried snortin' that coke one time, and durned near drowned

JLMannin
05-04-04, 12:41 PM

Are you saying that there may not be a full field at the little 500 at IRP? (It is at IRP, right?)

Madmaxfan2
05-04-04, 12:47 PM
Are you saying that there may not be a full field at the little 500 at IRP? (It is at IRP, right?)

The little 500 is held in Anderson, IN. IRP holds the night before the 500 races.

JLMannin
05-04-04, 12:51 PM
The little 500 is held in Anderson, IN. IRP holds the night before the 500 races.

I predict that both of those races will have more cars going home than the Marion County Fair 500 will.

Sean O'Gorman
05-04-04, 02:58 PM

I thought the Little 500 was in Speedway, IN?

ferrarigod
05-09-04, 02:09 AM
I thought Monaco was THE race in May? :)

Jag_Warrior
05-09-04, 01:33 PM
I thought Monaco was THE race in May? :)

You're right! Why was I thinking June? :confused: