PDA

View Full Version : Things that are annoying me today...

RaceGrrl
04-30-04, 01:39 PM
1. Loud talkers- specifically the sales rep who's standing 5 feet from my desk.

2. Mouth breathers

3. People who are going 25mph while they merge onto the freeway into 65mph traffic.

devilmaster
04-30-04, 01:45 PM
3. People who are going 25mph while they merge onto the freeway into 65mph traffic.

DINGDINGDINGDING!!!!

There's my driving pet-peeve. Acceleration lanes and Deceleration lanes are there and so named for a reason.

People can lane change on a highway at speed, yet seem to wait until they're on the highway lanes to get up to speed or start braking on the highway before they lane change onto the deceleration lane.

Steve

anait
04-30-04, 01:53 PM
1. My decrepit laptop that is typing on its own.

2. The fact that I can't get into chat.

3. My messy, mid-reno house...which, cosmically, is probably why I can't get into chat. :rofl:

Classic Apex
04-30-04, 02:17 PM
Elevator etiquite.

Or more sepcifically, the lack thereof.

Irritates me to no end when the doors open and I go to walk out of the elevator, only to be greated by 4 or 5 tards barging their way in.

:shakehead

Rob
04-30-04, 03:27 PM
Clients who need stuff done yesterday.

People on the phone who give me their whole life story when I ask them if I can take a message for someone who is out of the office.

People who walk at a snail's pace in the mall, especially if it's a group of three or more and they walk side-by-side.

cartcanuck
04-30-04, 03:36 PM
Bosses who decide to adjust your priority list for you, and the things they put as high priority and need by Friday, suddenly, on Friday morning are deemed as not as important....and you are asked about your other projects and why they aren't done yet. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and the merging thing too :)
Oh yeah, and the elevator thing too :)
Oh yeah, fast food joints that take 20 minutes to get you a burger and fries.

rosawendel
04-30-04, 03:38 PM
People who walk at a snail's pace in the mall, especially if it's a group of three or more and they walk side-by-side.

it's amazing how two people can take up an entire 20 foot wide concourse, ain't it?

4wheeldrifter
04-30-04, 03:51 PM
Elevator etiquite.

Or more sepcifically, the lack thereof.

Irritates me to no end when the doors open and I go to walk out of the elevator, only to be greated by 4 or 5 tards barging their way in.

:shakehead

Drop a rose (SBD's are best) and walk out smiling, knowing that the tards will have to live with it until their floor. :p If only you were like one of my college roommates who could let fly at will; always had a reserve. A powerful tool. :D

Redwing
04-30-04, 05:55 PM
I work with this guy whose phone etiquette resembles this:
<my phone rings
Me: Hello?
Guy: Hi, how are you. Say, can I put you on hold for a minute?

ChampcarShark
04-30-04, 06:26 PM
Today!!!

It is a beatyful, cloudy, breeze day and I am stuck at work... :cry:

And also trying to type with a cast on a broken finger.

Lizzerd
04-30-04, 06:53 PM
If you don't break your finger, you wouldn't have that problem.

Dummy.

:D

nrc
04-30-04, 08:13 PM
People who wander into the left lane with no intention of ever passing anyone. Usually these days I find that they're driving Hyundais or some other Korean brand.

B3RACER1a
04-30-04, 08:27 PM
KIA! :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
04-30-04, 10:34 PM
People who wander into the left lane with no intention of ever passing anyone.

And then speed up to get next to another car, when there's a chance to zip by them on the right. :flame:

Anteater
04-30-04, 10:43 PM
Bosses who decide to adjust your priority list for you, and the things they put as high priority and need by Friday, suddenly, on Friday morning are deemed as not as important....and you are asked about your other projects and why they aren't done yet. :rolleyes:

OMG, cartcanuck--you just described my ex-boss! :eek: My sympathies to you.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-30-04, 10:54 PM
1. Loud talkers- specifically the sales rep who's standing 5 feet from my desk.

2. Mouth breathers

Maybe you should change your name to Riotgrrl. That second one was a riot.

chop456
05-01-04, 01:54 AM
sales rep

You mean legalized bribery artist?

My B.I.L. plays with those people. He's got some funny stories about making demands on them, then not giving them what they want and barring them from his office. :D

Ziggy
05-01-04, 02:48 AM
what sucks is trying to bore a hole in a two inch think piece of tool steel and you keep getting chatter because this Fortune 100 company you work for does not own a proper boring bar.

Dont get me started on Craftsman Wrench sets, as each set does not contain the same size wrenches. My set goes 15mm, 17mm, 19mm, 20mm etc. PROBLEM, GM attaches trailing arms with 16mm bolts. I have a 16mm open end wrench in my garage, but a freakin' trailing arm has been living in a very caustic environment since 1994 and aint coming out with a freaking open end wrench

I would like to give props to Indiana State Trooper who gave me a warning for doing 79 in a 55 coming home from I-69 Speedway this evening. That saved me at least 100 dollars outright and a hit with the insurance people.

Gratitude, a word I dont think of enough

Ziggy

Ankf00
05-01-04, 03:42 AM
human resources ppl

aggy

comleting our final report

bleh

cart7
05-01-04, 06:16 AM
2. Mouth breathers

Further clarification on this one. :D There's got to be a story here. ;)

EDwardo
05-01-04, 01:55 PM
it's amazing how two people can take up an entire 20 foot wide concourse, ain't it?

People walk like they drive! Especially those morons that are strolling along and then just stop.

And my boss is a COMPLETE idiot. He once wrote on my evaluation "Ed uses good judgement more often than not." Yesterday he said he was looking forward to the end of the day. And then left early! Of course, I had to stay another three hours because he had put my department on mandatory overtime earlier in the week.

RaceGrrl
05-01-04, 02:18 PM
Further clarification on this one. :D There's got to be a story here. ;)

Sorry to disappoint, but there's not really a specific story. It's just that after I watched the episode of South Park where Kyle's mouth breathing cousin visits, I notice them everywhere- and there was a mouth-breather in my work area yesterday before I made the post. It's kinda like an annoying commercial jingle or crappy song- you feel like the only way to make it stop is to bang your head against the wall.

*disclaimer* My comments are not meant to offend people suffering with nasal congestion due to colds, allergies or other ailments. :p

DjDrOmusic
05-01-04, 02:22 PM
You know last night at the Mall, people kept walking into me from behind... ;) :rofl:

Kiwifan
05-01-04, 02:37 PM
Apart from the clowns who annoy me when I'm at work, the ones who think it's alright to use the Window wash brushes to clean their tyres (tires) or their boat trailers or.... it's people who can't drive.

Two pet hates are the folk who mosey along at 80km (or less!) on the goat track highways we have only to speed up to 120kms at the passing bays and the suicide jockeys that pull out from some side road or farm gate when you are on the highway going 100+. What makes this one interesting is when you see a huge semi or peice of farm machinery coming towards you so you can't just cross the centre line and breeze past them. :mad:

Agh, I feel better now, thanks for the thread. :thumbup:

Rusty.

Tall1
05-01-04, 04:04 PM
Slowpokes in the go-fast lane (Get outta my lane!!!!). Drivers that stick the nose of their cars out in traffic to see if it's clear to pull out. Mid-Ohio not being on the schedule.

mello
05-01-04, 04:34 PM
*disclaimer* My comments are not meant to offend people suffering with nasal congestion due to colds, allergies or other ailments. :p
LOL I was thinking, man last month when we had the virus hit we were both that way so bad. Heck it even annoyed me! Couldn't look at myself in the mirror cause my mouth was open. Ha! I know what you are saying though.
My still biggest thing is those dang Nascar shopping carts. They totally drive me nuts.

JohnHKart
05-01-04, 06:19 PM
People who are going 25mph while they merge onto the freeway into 65mph traffic.

There's actually a technique I've developed that defeats this in most circumstances. Well you remember Jaques Villenueve backing off when Goodyear passed the pace car? Works on freeway onramps. All you do is, slow yourself down and create a big gap between you and the 25 MPH moron. So Instead of tailgating him, which I used to do, now I back off, let him get way ahead so tthe gap increases to many car lengths, then I time it and start accelerating the way I want to. Another thing is if I'm really stuck behind them I don't wait to the end of the white line on my left ends but just get out into traffic earlier and pass the 25MPH idiot....(Although it's not always possible if there is traffic to the left).

John

Fitti Fan
05-01-04, 07:01 PM
Pet Peeve:

Making a left-hand turn at a green light behind all those morons who think that because it's no longer a green arrow, they have to wait behind the line and they don't go into the intersection while waiting to make the turn. This in turn leaves you stuck because once the light turns yellow/red, they barely make it through!
:flame:

Dirty Sanchez
05-01-04, 07:32 PM
stupid horses :mad:

RTKar
05-01-04, 07:46 PM
Things that are annoying me today...

...just today or everyday things in general, everyday ?

...I'd have quite a list.............serenity NOW!

pinniped
05-02-04, 01:30 AM
what sucks is trying to bore a hole in a two inch think piece of tool steel and you keep getting chatter because this Fortune 100 company you work for does not own a proper boring bar.

Dont get me started on Craftsman Wrench sets, as each set does not contain the same size wrenches. My set goes 15mm, 17mm, 19mm, 20mm etc. PROBLEM, GM attaches trailing arms with 16mm bolts. I have a 16mm open end wrench in my garage, but a freakin' trailing arm has been living in a very caustic environment since 1994 and aint coming out with a freaking open end wrench

I would like to give props to Indiana State Trooper who gave me a warning for doing 79 in a 55 coming home from I-69 Speedway this evening. That saved me at least 100 dollars outright and a hit with the insurance people.

Gratitude, a word I dont think of enough

Ziggy

But you know where they comed frum...sorry, ziggy, had to say it...

What is annoying me today? Paying rent at an exhorbitant amount just to live close to work and have a decent place, and realizing that my secretary lives in a 1500 square foot condo made of plasterboard that is worth like half a million just because it is in orange county.

Ankf00
05-02-04, 02:47 AM
group members who are still arguing with me over what to put into the final report even after all the times they've said 'NO' to the analysis techniques I've said we really NEEDED to do, and then in our final presentation the corporate rep is asking us why we negelected the things and didn't do them like I said we should do.... bla bla bla...

they're arguing with me over putting data into the final report...

why the hell would you NOT put in DATA you CALCULATED and MEASURED during your project in your FINAL freaking report?!?!?!?!??!! WHY?!?!?!?!

B3RACER1a
05-02-04, 02:53 AM
Snoring! :mad:

I share an apartment with 3 other guys, cause we are in college. Its only 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. Cool thing is though, we have a huge living room and nice kitchen...anyways, one of my roomates snores like crazy. He doesnt understand that a 20 yr old guy ISNT supposed to snore! LOL!

Smelly feet!

Same roomate. I dont have words to describe, so I wont try. If he ever has a girlfriend...and thats a big if, he better not take off his shoes. The other guys including myself have had the girls over before, but he wasnt there. Really isnt there much though. Good thing I guess....hehe

Dirty Dishes!

We dont have a dishwasher, so we do them by hand. One guy, same one in the previous stories, does not do his dishes in a timely manner. Everyone has to use them. They'll sit there for days. Everyone does thiers after we are done with them, exceot for him. One time I had to use one of the dirty ones, so I washed it up, used it, then put it back dirty where I found it. I wasnt going to clean it twice. He then has the guts to complain that I didnt do one of my dishes...LOL! What an moron :mad:

I'm beginning to think this one roomate is a stinky, fat, smelly, and lazy moron. But once you get past the stink, dirty dishes, snoring, low IQ, and so on, he's not that bad...LOL!

I'm sure almost everyone here has had similar roomates before :laugh: , or family members.

BTW, Great thread! :)

nz_climber
05-02-04, 04:35 PM
Thing that annoy = Its monday already!!!!

And like rusty said about the morons on nz's roads

RTKar
05-02-04, 05:04 PM
Damned Cubs pitchers that can't throw strikes. :flame:

B3RACER1a
05-02-04, 05:28 PM
LOL @ RTcar. Didnt seem to bother me any! :D

oddlycalm
05-02-04, 06:14 PM
Pet Peeve:

Making a left-hand turn at a green light behind all those morons who think that because it's no longer a green arrow, they have to wait behind the line and they don't go into the intersection while waiting to make the turn. This in turn leaves you stuck because once the light turns yellow/red, they barely make it through!
:flame:

To this one I will add all the city planners in cities that, like Phoenix, have no green arrow signals period. Every left turn is a real adventure. WTF are they thinking...???

I guess the upside would be that the morons Fitti Fan was referring to would never have an opportunity to turn at all... ;)

oc

solpadeine
05-02-04, 11:41 PM
"Don't worry, this isn't a sales call..."

Robstar
05-03-04, 12:16 AM
Thing that annoy = Its monday already!!!!

I hear ya... :cry:

Ankf00
05-03-04, 01:37 AM
having spent all weekend on this g/d report...

but we broke into the CAD lab cuz our lab was full and brought tall boys with us so it's alright if we're here all night, it'll be our last late night in here ever. :)

cartgal
05-03-04, 04:27 PM
the dang IT crowd here at work -- it seems that they didn't bother to put in the patches for the worm on their systems/computers -- and so I spent most of the morning trying to get rid of a worm that I thought was on my computer only to have the fixes say that I didn't have it. Fine. So I'd reboot, run the fix one more time, and then commence to work. And then I'd get that groovy little message: "we're going to shut down your computer in 60 secs." Finally, I figured out it was only when I signed on to the LAN that I had the problem.... and that took me half a day 'cause I'm an idiot when it comes to this sort of computer dreck. :gomer:

I hate computers somedays! And esp. on rainy Mondays.

B3RACER1a
05-03-04, 10:35 PM
Sasser Worm...yup, its pretty annoying. Same 60 sec warning on my system...it sucked! Beat me too it cartgal.

Classic Apex
05-03-04, 11:00 PM
Two things from today to add to this list...

1.) Customers that page you stating to "call me back right away," and then don't answer their phone for the next 45 minutes. :mad:

2.) IT departments that swear up and down your newtork drops will be live and on for the date and time I have requested numerous times. D'oh! Guess what? Call the IT dept because the network jack is not hot yet. Wait 20 minutes for the dood to show up and flip the switch. :mad:

That is all.

:D

RaceGrrl
05-03-04, 11:03 PM
My one thing for today:

AOL

pineapple
05-03-04, 11:49 PM
My pet peeve of the day:

People illegally crossing the street who do so all the while staring at you with that I'm-gonna-take-my-sweet-time-and-I-dare-you-to-hit-me sneer on their face and swinging their big fat hips like they're supermodels. I should have hit the gas.

Lizzerd
05-04-04, 12:05 AM
Last Friday, I got a call from a long time client.

"Lizzerd (not my real name), we're doing such and such at one of our sites in (pick a city). We thought it would be a good idea if you were there with us next Tuesday and Wednesday. Are you available?"

"Sure. What are the details? When and where do you want me to be?"

"Not exactly sure yet. Call me Monday after lunch and we'll let you know."

"Like, after 1PM?"

"Yeah, that'll work."

Fast forward to Monday, 1:10PM.

Ring... ring... "Good afternoon, xyz company..."

"Hi, Christie, this is Lizzerd (not my real name). Can I speak to Bill, please?"

"Oh, hi, Lizzerd (not my real name). How are you? Uh... I think he and Tom and Jerry already left... let me check."

Pause...

"Yeah, they left an hour ago. You need his cellular number?"

"No, I have it. Thanks."

1:12PM, dialing Bill's cellular phone. Ring... ring... ring... "Hi Lizzerd (not my real name)."

"Hi, Bill. You asked for me to call after lunch today, so... what's up?"

"Uh... not sure yet. We just got to (another site). I'll call you back in an hour, okay?"

"Okay... bye."

Fast forward to 3:00PM. I have to run a quick errand. Calling Bill's cellular phone again.

Ring... ring... ring... ring... ring... "Hi, this is Bill. I'm not available now, please leave a message..."

(Leaving message) "Bill, this is Lizzerd (not my real name). I was waiting for your call, and didn't want to miss it, but I have to be away for 15 minutes or so. Please wait till 3:15 or after to call back. Thanks."

Fast forward to 3:15PM. Returning home, there is a message on my answering machine. "First message, received Monday, 3:05PM."

"Hi, Lizzerd (not my real name), Okay, here's the plan, blah, blah, call me tomorrow after 9:00AM, and I'll give you directions."

Can't wait to see what tomorrow's adventure will be like.

Sean O'Gorman
05-04-04, 12:48 AM
Mine is people who complain about AOL. You should know better. :D

Actually my only complaint right now is this stupid ToCA Xbox game I bought. I figured the online racing would be better than Project Gotham because there is damage, so the drivers would think before plowing into you in every sharp corner; I was wrong. Not only do they do that, but instead of coming to a stop in a wall, you slide hundreds of feet into a gravel trap and spend the next 20 seconds trying to get out. That and everyone shortcuts the courses. :flame:

Mr. Vengeance
05-04-04, 10:01 AM
Yesterday, I tried to activate a HDTV rental system from Bell ExpressVu. From past experience I knew it was going to be a nightmare so I wrote down the "hold" times.....

First call: 6:50 AM PST. Placed on hold until 6:56, was asked a question and once again placed on hold until 7:07... I was asked another question, then once again placed on hold.

At 7:10 I was given a new number to call, as the activation centre apparently doesn't do activations..... :confused:

Second call: 7:24. Placed on hold until 7:37. Was told that they couldn't help me, and to call the first number again..... Getting angry now....

I ranted until I got someone that could actually arrange this, and by 7:51 was told that "the network is down, we'll have to call you back"... It was around noon by the time the epic was finally over.

One of the few constants in life: Bell customer service will always suck.

Clown
05-04-04, 10:08 AM
Lizzerd (not my real name),

this is Lizzerd (not my real name).

"Oh, hi, Lizzerd (not my real name).

"Hi Lizzerd (not my real name)."

"Bill, this is Lizzerd (not my real name)."Hi, Lizzerd (not my real name),
You sure? :laugh::rofl:

KLang
05-04-04, 10:32 AM
HANG UP AND DRIVE! :flame:

And put down the magazine you are reading at the wheel as well. :rolleyes:

RacinM3
05-04-04, 10:43 AM
Morning newscasts that use file footage of old stories to promote upcoming stories. Example: today we have a few relatively minor brush fires in CA, and the local news, right before going to commercial, showed footage of last year's massive fires, with the talking head saying, "and coming up, new fires break out in Southern California".....I tell you, that should be illegal.

flobee1kenobi
05-04-04, 11:28 AM
People who are going 25mph while they merge onto the freeway into 65mph traffic.
At this point- I'm haging out the window"suggesting"they speed up!
I live near the I75/I70 intersection. The enter and exit ramps are one and the same and only about 75 feet long! You're going along 65+ mph,have to brake hard and whip it right just to be in the right lane to enter the ramp. I'm amazed at the people who come through here on a daily basis still cannot figure out the correct way to do this! There's been times the car in front of me has been going so slow, I'm looking around inside my car for something to throw at them :flame:

cartman
05-06-04, 01:19 PM
Hmmm, let's see...

People that drive BMW's that I get stuck behind at a red light who then proceed to accelerate from 0-45mph in approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds. I got stuck behind 2 of these this morning during my 3 mile commute to work. There's tons of these folks around where I live. What a waste of a performance car.

People that flash their brights at me even though mine aren't on.

People that drive with their fog lamps on when there's no fog in sight anywhere.

University of Tennessee orange, or anything having to do with the University of Tennessee.

Michael Moore

I guess that's about it for today, so far.

JohnHKart
05-06-04, 07:06 PM
Have moved to a neighborhood, where everybody is so backasswards, they think you have to warm your vehicle up for ten minutes before setting off for work in the morning. It's an amazing scene of mass ignorance of vehicle mechanics, and this is in LA not in some sub zero place like Minneapolis. So meanwhile, I have to run around closing all the windows, to keep from dying of carbon monoxide poisoning.

John

JohnHKart
05-07-04, 06:57 AM
Hmmm, let's see...

People that drive BMW's that I get stuck behind at a red light who then proceed to accelerate from 0-45mph in approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds. I got stuck behind 2 of these this morning during my 3 mile commute to work. There's tons of these folks around where I live. What a waste of a performance car.

People that flash their brights at me even though mine aren't on.

People that drive with their fog lamps on when there's no fog in sight anywhere.

University of Tennessee orange, or anything having to do with the University of Tennessee.

Michael Moore

I guess that's about it for today, so far.

Once again, leaving a gap (like I do on those onramps) gives me an advantage....I don't have to slam my brakes because I'm tailgating these slow bastards, and it opens up a gap so that I can pass them as soon as possible, (which more often than not will have to be in the right lane). Even when I pull up at a stoplight behind people, I leave a large space, so if they accellerate slow, and I space out and hit the gas like John Force, I don't hit them.

John

nrc
05-07-04, 09:07 AM
18 hour work days. :saywhat:

Dvdb
05-07-04, 02:57 PM
Went out for a lunchtime bike ride for an easy 10 miles. Get back home, grab a sandwich and decide to run over to Walgreen's to buy a Mother's Day card and two birthday cards. Make my selection, stand in line for ten minutes, realize I left the wallet in my saddle bag. Stash the cards and run home.

Of course, it takes me a minute to find the cards I hid. (Note, do not hide cards in the card aisle, try a magazine next time). Get back in line.

The idiot in front of me is buying a Mountain Dew and uses his freakin' Debit Card! $1.19!!

Say something to the clerk about it and she rolls her eyes and says it happens more often, and for less $$$.

Long story short, if that is possible now, 30 minutes to buy 3 greeting cards and spike my BP.

Turn7
05-07-04, 03:13 PM
The idiot in front of me is buying a Mountain Dew and uses his freakin' Debit Card! $1.19!!

That was you breathing down my neck? :rolleyes:

I never carry cash, debit cards are a wonderful invention. :thumbup:

chimp
05-07-04, 04:16 PM
SUV's

Dvdb
05-07-04, 04:28 PM
"That was you breathing down my neck? "

but for $1.19!! Carry some cash, my friend!!

Oh, you were looking a bit shaggy in back.........might want to hit the barber this weekend. :D

Turn7
05-07-04, 05:00 PM
I've been known to go into the USPS and put a single postage stamp on my debit card before. :p

Seriously, it's a very rare occasion when I carry cash anymore. It's always a debit card.

Back to annoyances... Firmware spins, developers that have their heads up their wazoo's, and Program Managers that can't get with the program.

racer2c
05-07-04, 06:10 PM
I've been known to go into the USPS and put a single postage stamp on my debit card before. :p

Seriously, it's a very rare occasion when I carry cash anymore. It's always a debit card.

Back to annoyances... Firmware spins, developers that have their heads up their wazoo's, and Program Managers that can't get with the program.

Neither do I. Never. Ever. My bank card is used as a VISA and at 99% of places it's a quick swipe and gone. Takes about ten seconds. What's bad and what annoys me are the people who write checks for $1.19 at the convenience store. Grrr!

I also hate it when I'm standing in a long line. There are two cashiers but the other one decides that stocking the cigarettes is more important than the ten people waiting rather impatiently at this point. Finally she stands...and exclaims in a rather bothered voice, "I'll take someone over here". I was next in line, but eight of the nine people behind me lunge for the new cashier as if someone tossed a grenade. Now I'm stuck and the person in front of me is writing a check for $1.19 and the cashier is giving them a hard time about the address!!! Double GRRR!

Lizzerd
05-08-04, 05:26 PM
This one may seem silly. Doorbell sounds in television commercials, especially when the volume is higher than normal. Drives my dog crazy. I have to tell him to chill out, there is nobody there. He has gotten to the point now that when the doorbell rings for real, he will look at me and whine, like he's asking me if it is okay to bark this time.

BZSetshot
05-08-04, 07:56 PM
SUV's

People driving SUVs in the rain thinking that because thay have an SUV they can drive faster than a normal car in bad weather...

nrc
05-08-04, 09:49 PM
People standing at intersections soliciting donations for charity. Holding up traffic at a green light while some idiot digs in his pocket for change is not the way to win my sympathy for your cause. :mad:

RaceGrrl
05-09-04, 10:35 PM
People who absolutely must turn right on red into my lane, even though there is no car behind me and they could wait 3 seconds for me to get through the light. Nevermind that waiting for me to pass the intersection would give them a safe right-on-red turn.... Noooooooo, they HAVE to make their turn right in front of me, forcing me to brake in the middle of the intersection. Idiots. :flame:

Ankf00
05-09-04, 11:32 PM
my roommate coming home to bitch about cyclists and joggers and white ppl and how he doesnt feel safe in this neighborhood etc etc etc, all cuz he has no clue how to drive, always runs stop signs and red lights cuz he didnt see them, yet NEVER fails to complain about everyone else on the road to no end.

rabbit
05-09-04, 11:51 PM
People who complain about SUVs

rabbit (drives a Mercury Tracer)

nrc
05-09-04, 11:57 PM
People who complain about SUVs

rabbit (drives a Mercury Tracer)

I don't complain about SUVs. I complain about stupid people who buy and drive SUVs. :)

Sean O'Gorman
05-10-04, 12:24 AM
People standing at intersections soliciting donations for charity. Holding up traffic at a green light while some idiot digs in his pocket for change is not the way to win my sympathy for your cause. :mad:

I've only seen that happen twice. Once after 9/11 (how could you say no) there were firefighters doing it outside the station, and then once back in January....I had to work at 5 AM on a Saturday morning, and I'm driving to work when I pass this church and these kids run out into the street trying to get donations...they were like on hour 13 of their drive and when I left work 8 hours later they were still out there, I thought that was kinda cool so I just dumped most of my change in.

ChampcarShark
05-10-04, 04:14 PM
Today...

People who complain how bad their work is, yet they don't have the guts to find another job.

People who whine and complain and want me to make changes and do not understand that I am not their supervisor... :mad:

rabbit
05-10-04, 04:39 PM
People who complain how bad their work is, yet they don't have the guts to find another job.A year ago our sports editor took a job in Virginia. Two of the other full-time sportswriters (the ones who had been here longest) were each offered the job. Both turned it down. Now I have to sit and listen to them p!$$ and moan about the new editor (who I like working for) EVERY SINGLE FRICKIN' DAY! :mad:

As far as I'm concerned, when they refused the job, they gave up the right to complain about who eventually got it. :thumdown:

JoeBob
05-10-04, 04:40 PM
Threads that are 3 pages of nothing but whining.

;)

Madmaxfan2
05-10-04, 04:43 PM
Idiots who call you on the phone who you never heard in super pleasant voice ready to sell you something. Financial services people who want to manage my 401K plan are the worst. I hang up on them cold!

RaceGrrl
05-10-04, 04:52 PM
Threads that are 3 pages of nothing but whining.

;)

People who read threads about whining and then whine about it. :p

racer2c
05-10-04, 05:00 PM
People who read threads about whining and then whine about it. :p

Touche! :rofl:

JohnHKart
05-10-04, 06:52 PM
People who absolutely must turn right on red into my lane, even though there is no car behind me and they could wait 3 seconds for me to get through the light. Nevermind that waiting for me to pass the intersection would give them a safe right-on-red turn.... Noooooooo, they HAVE to make their turn right in front of me, forcing me to brake in the middle of the intersection. Idiots. :flame:

Oh I love those people.....and why is it this always happens here in Whittier on streets with three lanes.....and these morons have to turn right into the lane I'm in (which is always either in the middle or fast lane....why the heck didn't they turn into the lane near the curb?)

John

TKGAngel
05-10-04, 07:07 PM

This happens every year here. Our local newspaper holds a fundraiser for Childrens Hospital, called Kids Day, in which volunteers go out onto street corners and in traffic to sell newspapers to benefit the kids. Now this happens during the morning rush hour, and its virtually impossible to get to work without getting accosted by these people, many of whom are standing in the middle of the street. (Some places in the middle of 50 mph intersections). And did I mention that this happens in February, in Buffalo, the snow capital of the world. Makes for a real fun commute.