PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Ireland this summer!

RaceCat
04-30-04, 01:12 AM
Has anyone been to Ireland? I'm going to Ireland on an equestrian vacation there this summer. We arrive in Dublin and spend two or three days in Dublin before we drive to the Limerick district and a villiage called Adare, where we will be staying and riding (Training) at the Clonshire Equestrian Center for 5 days. I'm going with a group of 12 from my stable here in the US.

Anyone have any suggestions about what to see in and around Dublin for a day or two. Also, anyone have any ideas about what we should see on our drive from Dublin to Adare. Then once we are in Adare I will be riding and my husband will be golfing everyday. :thumbup: :D

I'm excited to be going. I'm going to check out all of the tourist web pages but I wanted to ask here to see if I could get any first hand advice!

Thanks.

RaceCat

Robstar
04-30-04, 01:14 AM
mmmm.... Guiness... :cool:

sorry - never been :)

devilmaster
04-30-04, 01:29 AM
From people I know at the local pub who have been:

If you get the chance, try and get out of dublin for a bit. Alot have told me that Dublin is tourist trap. Galway is about a 2 hour drive away, iirc.

Do get to St. James Gate in dublin. Drink yer guinness like a good girl :D

Robstar - I am part of a group who are in the early stages of planning a trip to St. James Gate in 2009. 2009 happens to be the 250th anniversary of the nectar of the gods.....

Steve

Ziggy
04-30-04, 01:30 AM
Never been. Have friends and family that have

word of advice

take your own food!!!!

Ziggy

Robstar
04-30-04, 01:35 AM
2009 happens to be the 250th anniversary of the nectar of the gods.....

Count me in :)

In preparation, I may have to have a Friday afternoon pint in a couple of hours...