PDA

View Full Version : Chat problems?

anait
04-29-04, 11:35 PM
On mr anait's laptop, I can't access chat...anyone else having trouble?

Ankf00
04-29-04, 11:48 PM
judging by the plethora of ppl currently in it, I'd say no :D

what program are you running?

RTKar
04-29-04, 11:57 PM
Yea, I couldn't get in through OC , had to use X-Chat

anait
04-30-04, 12:00 AM
The address says irc...I usually use that, I think...maybe one of the cats screwed up the settings, I dunno. :D

RTKar, directions for X-Chat?? I'm a lonely gal!!! :( :D

devilmaster
04-30-04, 12:07 AM
anait - it will take some work, but go to www.mirc.com

read the 'how to install' link on the left hand side...

You will install an irc program fulltime onto your computer.

If you have any problems or questions, i can take control of your computer and do it for you through netmeeting....

Steve

anait
04-30-04, 12:22 AM
I think maybe there are greater forces at work here. :D Tried to install mIRC, said "There was a problem writing to the folder..." Hm, even following Downloads for Dummies ain't working.

Hopefully I can get this working for lunch chat tomorrow. :cool: I do have irc installed on my own laptop, but I'm trapped in the bedroom for now. :D

Robstar
04-30-04, 12:24 AM
but I'm trapped in the bedroom for now. :D

Too much information... :D

anait
04-30-04, 12:28 AM
Too much information... :D

Don't I wish! :rofl: Nothing wild 'n crazy - sick baby needs mom, but mom would like grownup conversation!

Rob
04-30-04, 12:37 AM
Nothing wild 'n crazy - sick baby needs mom, but mom would like grownup conversation!
NOW it's too much information. ;)

nrc
04-30-04, 12:37 AM
I've never understood what people see in Mirc. It seems ridiculously complex to setup and use to me. I usually recommend xchat. http://www.xchat.org/

Ankf00
04-30-04, 12:40 AM
I've never understood what people see in Mirc. It seems ridiculously complex to setup and use to me. I usually recommend xchat. http://www.xchat.org/
you're joking right? you double click on the little icon, you select your server on the first screen that loads up, and you then click "connect", doesn't get much easier ;)

anywho, the proggie's small, stable, proven and used by IRCwhores the world 'round for years and years, anait :D

now if you had a mac, you'd have some really neat irc proggies :)

cart7
04-30-04, 05:45 AM
NOW it's too much information. ;)

Really! She ruined a really good thing I had going on there. :p :D

RTKar
04-30-04, 07:02 AM
The address says irc...I usually use that, I think...maybe one of the cats screwed up the settings, I dunno. :D

RTKar, directions for X-Chat?? I'm a lonely gal!!! :( :D

Sorry anait, didn't see your post....it was time to get some beauty sleep.

anait
04-30-04, 11:45 AM
you're joking right? you double click on the little icon, you select your server on the first screen that loads up, and you then click "connect", doesn't get much easier

anywho, the proggie's small, stable, proven and used by IRCwhores the world 'round for years and years, anait :D

I do have it on mine, will use it next time. Although it's easy to use for chatting here, which is what I set it up for, I found it less than intuitive to change the settings to access another chat room.

Heheh...IRCwhores...what was the 7G nickname for chatters?? Something like 'crazy chatroom arse leeches'... :rofl: Just call me a leech!! But not that other nick... :eek:

anait
04-30-04, 11:47 AM
Really! She ruined a really good thing I had going on there. :p :D

:rofl:

Ankf00
04-30-04, 12:02 PM
I do have it on mine, will use it next time. Although it's easy to use for chatting here, which is what I set it up for, I found it less than intuitive to change the settings to access another chat room.

Heheh...IRCwhores...what was the 7G nickname for chatters?? Something like 'crazy chatroom arse leeches'... :rofl: Just call me a leech!! But not that other nick... :eek:

na, just my nickname for chronic IRC users, I'm usually on undernet myself in #f1 and #cart... railpax/travis dropped by a few times

devilmaster
04-30-04, 12:54 PM

Well, nuts to you then ;) :D

Steve

anait
04-30-04, 01:01 PM
Awright... :rolleyes: tried to open mirc on my laptop, I get directed to a site telling me I need to pay $20US to continue to use it.

Directions once I'm at xchat.org?

Or, could someone confirm OC's chat url? I have 205.214.76.190/ircx/

Cam
04-30-04, 01:03 PM
Awright... :rolleyes: tried to open mirc on my laptop, I get directed to a site telling me I need to pay $20US to continue to use it.

Directions once I'm at xchat.org?
Here (http://www.xchat.org/files/binary/win32/xchat-2.0.8b.exe) ya go!

devilmaster
04-30-04, 01:08 PM

Well, you don't have to pay.... that screen pops up for me every now and then.....

If you need any help, i'll be in chat.
:p :D

Steve

anait
04-30-04, 01:13 PM
Here (http://www.xchat.org/files/binary/win32/xchat-2.0.8b.exe) ya go!

Thanks! :) Is it blatantly obvious how to get to OC chat, once Xchat is installed? Or does it happen real automatic-like?? :D

anait
04-30-04, 01:16 PM
If you need any help, i'll be in chat.
:p :D

Steve

C'mere...closer...closer...

SMAP!!!

I'm such a violent woman... :p

devilmaster
04-30-04, 01:25 PM
anait, do you have netmeeting installed into this computer?

To find out if you do, click on start, run, then type in conf and hit enter.

If it doesn't start a wizard to install it, you have it installed. If the wizard pops up, go through the wizard to properly loadup netmeeting.

When you have it installed, I'll have you contact me through netmeeting, and I can directly help you, and if you want, i'll take control of your computer from here and get you setup for chat.

Let me know here when you are ready.

Steve

anait
04-30-04, 01:29 PM
,, :flame: ,,s,tupid, ,k,ey,b,oard,,.,..,,

,,,Ste,v,e,,,,,,,, ,,d,,,a,r,,,l,,,,i,,n,,,,',,,,...,,,w,,h,,,a,,,,t, ,,,,',,,,,,,,s,,,, ,,,t,,,h,,,e,, ,,,,,,,,u,,,rl,,,,,,<?,,<?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cam
04-30-04, 01:30 PM
anait, do you have netmeeting installed into this computer?

To find out if you do, click on start, run, then type in conf and hit enter.

If it doesn't start a wizard to install it, you have it installed. If the wizard pops up, go through the wizard to properly loadup netmeeting.

When you have it installed, I'll have you contact me through netmeeting, and I can directly help you, and if you want, i'll take control of your computer from here and get you setup for chat.

Let me know here when you are ready.

Steve

Sheesh! Use VNC. Much easier! :gomer:

devilmaster
04-30-04, 01:33 PM

,,,Ste,v,e,,,,,,,, ,,d,,,a,r,,,l,,,,i,,n,,,,',,,,...,,,w,,h,,,a,,,,t, ,,,,',,,,,,,,s,,,, ,,,t,,,h,,,e,, ,,,,,,,,u,,,rl,,,,,,<?,,<?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Netmeeting is already on your computer, it just needs to be installed.

click on start, run, type in conf (thats it) and hit enter.

IF you mean my netmeeting address, its devilmaster.dnsalias.com
you type that into netmeeting and hit place call (which is the cute little phone)

steve

devilmaster
04-30-04, 01:34 PM
Sheesh! Use VNC. Much easier! :gomer:

Oh sure....confuse her more..... :laugh:

Its bad enough she can't chat, and she's getting multiple chat progs to work with.....

Steve

anait
04-30-04, 01:49 PM
Guys, I owe all of you a beer for trying to help me out. :cool: I'm now on the dungeon computer (laundry room), 'cause my laptop has sucked up a water spill (thank you, kitties) and is typing on its own, as you could see in my previous post. :saywhat:

Okay. On this machine I have the VNC icon in the lower right hand corner. Steve, can I use that? I will look for netmeeting on here, too. But you have to promise me you won't do anything to the computer that will get me in trouble with hubby... ;)

devilmaster
04-30-04, 02:21 PM
anait, check yer pm's.

Steve

KLang
04-30-04, 02:23 PM

paper? is that you?

:)

devilmaster
04-30-04, 02:47 PM
anait - for now, hop into chat.....

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/chat/chat1.html

click yes when it asks to load jpilot software...

when the login screen comes up:

Change your name from jpilot to what you want...

Change the channel from jpilot to offcamber

Change the server name from irc.jpilot.com to irc.different.net

Click connect now.

Steve

[edit] this is a temporary java link I set up on my website...