PDA

View Full Version : "A wolf in wolf's clothing"

Dirty Sanchez
04-28-04, 09:27 PM
This is the title of an excellent article in the most recent issue of F1Racing that examines the evolutionary approach to Ferrari's chassis design since 2001. What a great title... really hits the nail on the head, imo. Especially as I recall the recent 2004 launch season and all the "ooooohs" and "aaaaaaahs" over the Williams nose, the "world-beating" :rolleyes: McLaren-McBlam (thx, JT :laugh: ) MP-19, the radical Renault, et al. And then there was the Ferrari launch... no radical design, no crazy go-faster gizmo tech... and I got the feeling that people were actually disappointed or something. I even bought into the hype... proclaiming that we were on the brink of an even closer championship than last year (in a way we are with BAR and Renault pushing for Big 3 status).

I guess the point of this little rambling post is that Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro is awesome... and if it ain't broke, don't fix it? :thumbup:

RTKar
04-28-04, 10:11 PM
I guess the point of this little rambling post is that Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro is awesome... and if it ain't broke, don't fix it? :thumbup:

Did you hear that tony?....... :shakehead.... kinda like a 500 mile race I once enjoyed....

This up cycle for Ferrari will last as long as Schumi does, his in put to the car's design is priceless. What's extremely interesting to me are the in car shots during qualifying and the race, how seemingly without effort the Ferrari is driven, while other cars, the Minardi comes to mind, is "hack sawed" from corner to corner scrubbing speed every inch of the way. Certainly one of the greatest drivers ever in one of the best cars ever designed, perfectly matched to each other.

Railbird
04-28-04, 10:30 PM
IMO

Schumi's greatest gift to Ferrari is the organization formed around him and the diiscipline they have brought to the Scudiara.

that plus his considerable abilities behind the wheel.

Last month's MotorSport magazine focused on the ups and downs of Ferrari's history, very interesting.

ferrarigod
04-29-04, 03:05 AM
Everyone thinks the F2002 really started this off. But remember, Schuey won a vast amount of races in 2001 in the F2001.

For me the F2001 is the best looking Ferrari in recent years. I really miss the old Red barge boards, but tradition does mean something to me(unlike FTG) so I can understand why they would use them again.

An F2001 with a rear end from the F2004 would be amazing. I like the F2001's front anteater nose more than the curretn 02-04 nose.

Anybody beside me notice that the 2004 BAR is the same as the 2001 Ferrari??? Take a quick glance, they are very similar.

Forza Ferrari :thumbup:

Kahauna Dreamer
04-29-04, 11:35 AM
Everyone thinks the F2002 really started this off. But remember, Schuey won a vast amount of races in 2001 in the F2001.

For me the F2001 is the best looking Ferrari in recent years. I really miss the old Red barge boards, but tradition does mean something to me(unlike FTG) so I can understand why they would use them again.

An F2001 with a rear end from the F2004 would be amazing. I like the F2001's front anteater nose more than the curretn 02-04 nose.

Anybody beside me notice that the 2004 BAR is the same as the 2001 Ferrari??? Take a quick glance, they are very similar.

Forza Ferrari :thumbup:

I believe Ferrari will never top the Sharknose, but right up to F2003GA/F2004, Ferrari's F1 machines have been gorgeous examples of the axiom "Form follows Function," even if they were not winning races all the time, as they have been for the last three years. As far as FW26 with that fugly nose is concerned, it will join "Dorsal fin/wing-equipped" MP4/10 as one of the worst-looking ever.